Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MALE MODEL Discussion Thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: MALE MODEL Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yep! I had practiced drawing the guys, and I had a pretty good close up shot of their faces, so I decided to go ahead an use them. Poor Questar, he looked so happy!

The voting doesn't start until after the first actual challenge, but I'm curious to know what people think based on those early face shots.

Trust me, there will be a LOT going on from now on....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that I have seen Questar I am sorry he didn't make it. I would have preferred him to either Mekt or Magno Lad. (I just don't like long hair on men)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Interesting point, Quis. That kind of thing will definitely play into peoples' voting.

I have a feeling that the situations the models find themselves in will be pretty entertaining and may sway votes.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Did think most of the sketches were good... except for Chlorophyll Kid. You may have been going for bishonen, but it slipped over to androgyny IMO. Questar at least had the "boy next door" look going for him?
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Don't know what bishonen means, but I do have a habit of making Chlor "overly beautified." Especially when out of that headpiece he normally wore.

I'll be interested to hear your opinions as the competition gets underway.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I have to say that Questar was actually my favorite of the intial face shots!

Too bad...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Don't know what bishonen means, but I do have a habit of making Chlor "overly beautified." Especially when out of that headpiece he normally wore.

Bishonen is literally "beautiful boy" in Japanese. Quoting from Wikipedia about the drawing style used for these characters: "The bishōnen is typically slender, with a tapered chin, stylish hair, and a facial structure likened to that of a woman, while retaining a male body."
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
In color, Grev is going to stand out like nobody's business. Ral too.

Grimbor has the streaks and the distinction of being a more mature sentient. (And I hope his holos don't hide this.)

Mekt is Mekt.

I don't know yet what Kort's bringing to the table. But that's okay...as mentioned, I like surprises.

(Is Dreamy a little...off?)

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Now that I'm not intentionally depicting the characters in order for there to be a loser, it's going to be very interesting to me to see how the pictures will be judged. Looks like there's already more support for Questar than I'd imagined. I, too, was happy with that sketch of him.

Seth Gaterra, thanks for teaching me a new word. I do basically make Chlor look that way on purpose. Which brings up the point that I am depicting these characters my way. I might stray from the way they've appeared in the books, but that's my thing, I guess.

TD, can't wait to finish off the first challenge art! LOTS going on, and it will definitely be in full color.

What seems off about Dreamy?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

She strikes me as a Nura knock-off, not the genuine article. (And she looks like she's doing a plie in the first picture.
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool. Its started! Can I vote for Gim and Dirk as the winners? They're smoking!

Magno and Mekt look a little interchangeable to me, and I echo whoever else said they didn't like long-haired guys. I predict an early exit for them.

Chlorophyll Kid looks nothing like I thought he would when I nominated him. I was hoping to see little fat Ral wave the flag for the "plus-size" fans but its your game Sketchy so I'll roll with it.... HEY! Maybe one of the challenges can involve Nardo and a Super-Fat-Ass ray? Then we can get a thin Ral and a fat Ral and we all win! [Wink]

Looking forward to the bitchy judges!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh! I like the idea of fatassing all of the contestants for a round!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

No one nominated the Super Fat Ass Ray when I asked for suggestions for props!

Hmm...I pretty much plotted out the whole competition based on the group's suggestions already, but I did say I wanted this to be interactive.

Okay, tell ya what.....after this first round, we'll see who gets eliminated, then we'll decide who should do what with whom after that!

Hang in there, folks!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
She strikes me as a Nura knock-off, not the genuine article. (And she looks like she's doing a plie in the first picture.

Hmmm...one of my very first bad reviews of a Nura picture.....

Well, I guess I could say that it could be the hair. I don't usually draw it that way. I prefer the long wavy look, so that might be an explanation. My intention is to show Dreamy and the judges in many different looks...
A. cuz it's fun
B so I don't get bored drawing the same look over and over

Some of them might be hits, some may be misses.

Looking like she's pooping is just a mishap!
[Embarrassed]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

(That's what Laura said to Michael in the workroom during Miss USA challenge! *Tee hee!*)
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.