Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MALE MODEL Discussion Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   
Author Topic: MALE MODEL Discussion Thread
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Magno Lad out

But Grimbor, you're on notice. Dude, I could have captured AFO Boy, Ron-Karr, and Calamity King.

Mekt, step it up a bit.

Grev, such a pic! The most dramatic.

Yay Ral! (Yay Beppo!) Representing for the nice guys!

(And...Sarya? That Empress is banyo-fruit!)

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting GRIMBOR out.

He and Chlor had my least favorite photos, while Shadow Kid had my most favorite.

Dean, you should write an Emerald Empress series! [chuckle] She's hilarious!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
*choke!*

I'm seriously overwhelmed by the response! Thank you ALL so much. I've spent maybe a little more time on this than I should, but it's been a lot of fun, and to have everyone participate this way makes it really REALLY worth it!!! I appreciate the compliments and your patience with my sometimes "off" depictions. Making this interactive was the best decision I've made in a LONG time. Seriously, I'm loving this!

Some responses....

Blacula- LOVE the TYRA bit!!!! Totally what I'm going for, here.

EDE- re: Mekt, a bow would have been perfect! The point was that Ayla *doesn't* need the CTR, but he's still giving it to her (and we see in the books that she actually uses the thing!)
re: Magno Lad, LOVE the bonking someone else idea! Could have used another rejected candidate, there.

Seth G- Grev *could* have had a more close-up shot of himself with the Time Bubble, but chose to go with putting the monster in the picture. It was risky, true! Seems some quite liked the idea.

TD- your comment about the Bound Boys made me LOL! Did you notice Grimor used paper clips on Ron-Karr? HAH!

Lash, Emmy (my new nickname for her!) has been a HOOT to write/draw!

[ September 10, 2006, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

...and the tally so far...

Who Should Be REJECTED?

Magno Lad 3 votes
Mekt Ranzz 3 votes
Grimbor 1 vote
Shadow Kid 1 vote
Chlorophyll Kid 0 votes

I'll keep the polls open for a bit longer, but soon someone will be REJECTED!!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

(btw, I will vote very last, meaning if there's a tie, I'll break it... creator's perogative, y'know!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Hey, couldn't the CTR be used to exfoliate?

Space-Apricot Scrub is good, but a CTR would be super-groovy! I'd be happy to get one. (And I bet Mekt has one too.)

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Oh, Dreamy sure looked cute in her red-belted old-school costume. With cape!

I mentioned Sarya before, of course, but I also love how the judges complement each other. Dig the Imra pose in Magno commentary. Aww, Marte's worried about Grev! And while I goof on Marla a lot, he's a good ol' chap, isn't he?

Sketch Lad
Advisor

TD, thanks for bumping those threads at S&tLoSH board which have to do with our contestants. These characters are so well loved!

Does the CTR actually *trim* cells? Is it like the Lyposuction ...of Space?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

An interesting question!

If Brainy or Rond or Kent or Dr. Gym'll make an appearance perhaps there could be a Science Minute or something. Well, maybe a home-holo extra....

*edited to add: OR VI!

But come to think of it, maybe the CTR is based on the original Brainiac's Kandor-shrinking thingie. B5 is miffed that Lyle found a practical application for the stuff that became flight rings, ESPECIALLY since B5 himself found a practical and commercial application for the Shrinko. But he's too embarrassed to admit it. Though not too embarrassed to cash the checks.

[ September 11, 2006, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

OPEN CALL!!!!!

We need a writer for a one page script, called:

"The Search for the Legionverse's Next Top (Male) Pinup Model's Science Minute"

We need in depth descriptions of how the props from the first challenge work and what they are capable of. We would like to include testimonies from Brainy, Rond, Kent and/or Dr. Gym'll. Make it informative and FUN!

Collaborations are welcomed.

Apply in this thread.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Meanwhile, preparations have begun for the next challenge. All that's needed is to know which contestant is REJECTED.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Gank Magno Lad. Sideburns? In the 30th century? Yikes.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Who should be REJECTED?
Magno Lad 4 votes
Mekt Ranzz 3 votes
Grimbor 1 vote
Shadow Kid 1 vote
Chlorophyll Kid 0 votes

But...I'll stay busy with other stuff for a while, and check again later....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to vote Magno Lad. The way he was hunched over, like he was afraid of getting hit by that little representation of a planet.

I did see the paper clips on Ron-Karr. And for an a-hem older guy, Grimbor does make that costume work.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the paper clips were brilliant!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.