Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MALE MODEL Discussion Thread (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: MALE MODEL Discussion Thread
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Shadow Kid.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Saturn Girl's honkin' big earrings are a riot.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Great theme!

I think all the pics turned out well.

CHLOR: the only one to wear a looser shirt, and it worked for him. Like the Empress, I love the green hair. Sweet pic, with Ral proffering lovely vegetation. The girls (and boys) like a cute & nice sentient.

GRIMBOR: Grimmy, I'm concerned about you. While you look handsome (except perhaps a problematic shirt fit around the neck), there's something we don't see in the pic. We don't exactly see where you are; I only know it's your home due to the captioning. I think this goes deeper than a lighting issue. You used to be all about the WORK, Grimmy. Is that no longer "home" for you, have you lost the drive?* While perhaps you were too focused on your work/art in the past, to totally switch off is worrisome. SUPERMODEL PRODUCTION CREW, is there a counselor on standby?

GREV: Grev kinda knows he's hot stuff, doesn't he? Well, he's not wrong. He looks good in this lighting too.

MEKT: ooh baby. The wind in your hair! My vote for most eye-catching.

OUT: GRIMBOR Sorry, Grimmy; your pic was good, but the others were better. And may I add that it takes a strong sentient to ask for help, so think about it.

*I'm not entirely convinced last challenge's MMB pics weren't archival.

The production staff at MODEL central has no comment on the temperment of each model, at this time, as we don't wish to sway the voting process in any way. When the contest is over, we will be happy to answer any questions in that regard.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
I know I had another comment...I'm sure it will come back to me any minute now....

Anything regarding a particular judge this time 'round?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:
Another vote for Grimbor. He looks... well, old. And Lester is a hoot!

Thanks for the vote and comment!

Lester Spiffany is VERY fun to write and draw!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
My vote is for Mekt.

I think all the models look great. Chlorophyll Kid looks so sweet. And I do like the strength of Grimbor which shows through.

Both Mekt and Shadow Lad both look a bit too modelly.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Seth and EDE,
I think it's interesting that you two have nearly opposite opinions of each picture! And I love it!

Some behind-the-scenes decisions....

1. These pictures were going to be done against a plain white background, but that was ultimately too boring, so we went for the "home" idea. We still wanted fairly plain backgrounds, within those distinctive locales. It's up to the voters to decide what worked and what didn't.

2. The MODEL production crew chose to eliminate all props from the pictures. We had tons of Grimbor's manacles and chains, etc to sort through, and decided just to scrap the idea. We came upon a herd of Lightning Beasts on Korbal, but decided not to use them. Shadow Kid did not want any kind of prop at all, after the last challenge, and ultimately, we let Chlor use his flower, so he kinda got by the rule. That's how these things go sometimes!

3. We wanted loose, tossled hair even though one of the judges seemed to really have a problem with that.

4. We stand by the "types" we've chosen. Chlor, the young, shaggy haired one. Grimbor, the muscular, brooding type. Grev the exotic. Mekt, the moody, pale man.

5. This is SO much fun, and it'll stay that way til the end. This challenge was perhaps the "driest."

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Saturn Girl's honkin' big earrings are a riot.

This is her look in the upcoming Legion cartoon. Can't wait!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
My vote is for Mekt.

I think all the models look great. Chlorophyll Kid looks so sweet. And I do like the strength of Grimbor which shows through.

Both Mekt and Shadow Lad both look a bit too modelly.

That's what's fun about doing this...remembering what these guys' personalities are like, as I depict them in these challenges. It would be really easy to just do the generic male model thing, but Mekt is *almost* crazy here, and Grev is a Talokian warrior, so I keep that in mind as I draw them. Grimbor and Chlor are practically exact opposites.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, here's the tally, so far..
Who should be REJECTED?

Grimbor 3 votes
Chlorophyll Kid 1 vote
Shadow Kid 1 vote
Mekt Ranzz 1 vote

Polls will remain open for a while longer...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Come on three more votes for Mekt. We can't have the hunky bondsman rejected. [Grimbor]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Quis just don't like long hair! He said so hisself.

Ester suggesting someone else do some work is rich. And then practically putting a space-pitchfork in Mekt's hands? [Policy Pam]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Gawd, that was great. LOVE lester and Emmy.

Not for the vote...

When it comes down to it, I'm pretty vanilla so I'm going with GRIMBOR out. Not that he isn't hot, it's just all those chains just don't really do anything for me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

Lester Spiffany is VERY fun to write...!

Isn't he, though?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
STUPENDOUS!
STUPENDOUS!
STUPENDOUS!

Click for fullsize image

*sigh*! That's my baby!

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.