Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MALE MODEL Discussion Thread (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: MALE MODEL Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
The swimsuit challenge has been posted! Hope you enjoy all the guests!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Please vote for who to REJECT!

Shadow Kid with Shadow Tot
Mekt Ranzz with the Lightning Tots
Chlorophyll Kid with the Substitute Tots

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
First off, CHLOR's pic was FANTASTIC! Again, he's taking care of four kids, and is enjoying doing so! I think he really rose to the challenge this time!

GREV seems a bit awkward taking care of Shadow Tot, and I think that's what kind of bugs me about his pic. I love the use of the BBBB, though.

I'm voting MEKT, though, for the simple reason that if I were a super-tot and had the chance to spend the day at the beach with one of the three, I think I'd just as soon stay home.

In other notes, *loved* the writing of Cos! I was really wishing Lester was still there just to tell him to shut up!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Hate to do this to you, Mekt... really I do! [Frown] But your picture turned out as the worst, because it didn't look like any of you three wanted to be at that place...

Grev looked all right. Agreed that the Bouncing Boy beach ball was a cute touch.

Ral really does look like he'd make a good father... or at least a good child-minder, considering he's trying to deal with four kids singlehandedly. I see Dag's part of the sandcastle right now... but he'll be a little bolder soon enough?

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Oh I see they stayed on monitor duty so they could watch without being seen watching. [Wink]

I figure Ayla was doing the same deal, so she could cut past Mekt's sequence. Cause cheering on your own brother in a swimsuit competition is kind of creepy... [Shudder]
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Shadow Kindergartner is just ADORABLE! Deeeeeean, I think we need to see her again some time outside the Model contests.

GREV, PLEASE PUT A SWIMSUIT ON, CHILDREN ARE PRESENT! WINATHIANS WEAR MORE THAN THAT! Other than that, this is my top pic pick. How sweet is Mr. Studly Shadow Grev with terrified tiny Tasmia? Awww. And -- would you believe it? -- Cos is actually right about the color and composition.

RAL: Don't worry, I'm not overlooking the fact that you're pretty much always sweet. Props to everyone's favorite babysitter! Kid-tested, parent and hypothetical-parent approved! It looks like everyone's having a good and safe (but keep your eye on Fire Tot out there in the water) time. Bonus points if you helped li'l Lydda (super-cute swimsuit!) with her hair.

HOWEVER: Young man, you don't seem to have the same body as in the last challenge. Are you on the drugs? Son, there's a reason it's called dope. What? All-natural herbal supplements, and you'd know? Yes, I suppose you would. But sweetie, sentients like you just the way you are. Serious.

MEKT: Oh, I don't mind that you look space-torqued. You're not playing some character, you're yourself and that's you all right. I'd probably be space-torqued too if those two were running around pinching each other and screaming Mommmmmmmmmmmm he/she started it!, and pestering the poor ol' Devil Fish. But for the life of me I can't figure out the fit on them cut-off overalls of yours. And something about the overall (not overalls) color doesn't flatter you as much as the others.

So...believe it or not, I'm voting MEKT OUT.
This does not mean that you're not my sentient, Mekt. Let's space-lunch, and soon.

Note: there's something about the expressions of Mekt, li'l Tas, and li'l Ayla that remind me of...I'm not sure what at the moment. I'll space-mull.

[ September 15, 2006, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you guys for the comments!

It seems you can tell that these pictures where more about characterization than beefcake.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Just to clarify, it's 3 votes for Mekt to be REJECTED! The others have no votes.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:

GREV, PLEASE PUT A SWIMSUIT ON, CHILDREN ARE PRESENT! WINATHIANS WEAR MORE THAN THAT!

Oh yeah, *that* was what bugged me about the pic!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
(posting before reading comments)

First of all, gotta say that this was Chlor's BEST YET. The Substitute Tots were excellently portrayed! Possibly/probably my favorite image of the entire MALE MODEL contest.

Loved seeing Thora and Azura (MEL:TS!!) back there in the admiring ladies shot.

Dean, you've given 110% to please everyone. I wish your SUPER/MALE MODEL threads were in comic book or magazine form exactly as they are. I want to hold these images in my hand, they're so well-done.

Now comes the hard part-- the vote-out.

[choke] I'm going with Shadow Kid.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my, I missed the Concluding pic earlier. [Invisible Kid] [Chemical King]

[ September 15, 2006, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Again, I have to go with Mekt, though I almost voted for Grev. He looks too much like the A-Ha guy in "Take on Me," and the camera caught him in that unfortunate mid-blink.

But Mekt is just too sour-pussy. He isn't helped by misbehaving Garth, but Chlor sure didn't let that kind of behavior phaze him.

Loved the Chlor pic, though I wish Color Tot could have been in it, too. Five would be quite a handful, though. It actually could have used a bit more color as everything but the greens seemed a bit washed out (pun not intended for the beach). Nicely put together, though.

Loved Empress' bathing cap. The second one reminded me of Lucille Ball with green lipstick with all that eyelash action. Fun fun fun!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

REJECT?
4 Mekt
1 Shadow Kid
0 Chlorophyll Kid

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Oh my, I missed the Concluding pic earlier. [Invisible Kid] [Chemical King]

It was a *bit* later than the rest...but I felt like some equal time was appropriate.

Nice job with the bold C. Subtle, yet apparent.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Another vote for Mekt
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.