Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MALE MODEL Discussion Thread (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: MALE MODEL Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Alright, we have our reject....

I'm doing something a *little* different this time...I'm introducing the next challenge and its judges, but the art for the challenge itself isn't quite done, so I'll kinda tease a little. It's just that the intro is so fun, I can't wait!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Sketchy,

Might I suggest two days for voting. For the weekends, either all day Friday plus the weekend or the weekend plus all day Monday.

For now (seeing as my guy lost) things are cool and let's get on to the next challenge.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I'm excited for the next challenge!

I'm wondering who will be disadvantaged by this. I'm finding it difficult to picture Grimbor looking right without the chains. I'm kind of expecting Shadow Kid to rock at this one, though!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Quis, thanks for the suggestion. I like what you're saying about factoring the weekends. I don't have a conventional schedule, so I don't always think of things like that. I'll keep it in mind as we carry on.

The writing and pencilling is done for the Jeans challenge. I just need to scan, color and letter.

Stay tuned!!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
No one can beat Lester's genes.

Sarya's Veronica Lake 'do is beautiful.

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I just got to say that I'm just loving this! Thank you, Sketch Lad.
And Dreamy's jeans are just amazing. In both pictures.
Juan

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't think that Brainy could have that boyish charm, even with Moy drawing him. But you could do it! [Smile]
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
loving the topless Dreamy pic

but best of all loved the Kara cameo [Smile]

now just sneak stone boy in lol

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The last two pictures of Dreamy in jeans are probably the coolest Dream Girl pictures I've ever seen.

Wow.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Glad people are liking the Dream Girl images. They're way fun for me!

Teeds, glad you like Emmy's hair! SO glad I decided to mix things up.

Seth Gaterra, glad you liked Brainy! I'm trying to use characters that were "nominated" in the very beginning.

Yay! PolarBoy commented on the Kara picture!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Great theme!

I think all the pics turned out well.

CHLOR: the only one to wear a looser shirt, and it worked for him. Like the Empress, I love the green hair. Sweet pic, with Ral proffering lovely vegetation. The girls (and boys) like a cute & nice sentient.

GRIMBOR: Grimmy, I'm concerned about you. While you look handsome (except perhaps a problematic shirt fit around the neck), there's something we don't see in the pic. We don't exactly see where you are; I only know it's your home due to the captioning. I think this goes deeper than a lighting issue. You used to be all about the WORK, Grimmy. Is that no longer "home" for you, have you lost the drive?* While perhaps you were too focused on your work/art in the past, to totally switch off is worrisome. SUPERMODEL PRODUCTION CREW, is there a counselor on standby?

GREV: Grev kinda knows he's hot stuff, doesn't he? Well, he's not wrong. He looks good in this lighting too.

MEKT: ooh baby. The wind in your hair! My vote for most eye-catching.

OUT: GRIMBOR Sorry, Grimmy; your pic was good, but the others were better. And may I add that it takes a strong sentient to ask for help, so think about it.

*I'm not entirely convinced last challenge's MMB pics weren't archival.

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

I know I had another comment...I'm sure it will come back to me any minute now....
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Another vote for Grimbor. He looks... well, old. And Lester is a hoot!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Chlorophyll Kid as the reject. He looked sweet, but I think the others just showed more attitude... more power. (Ironic, considering Ral is the only one using his power in this round.)

I disagree about Grimbor just looking old. He held to the terms of the challenge, and could still keep elements of his style in it. As for the background, he took some tips for the commentary about Grev and chose something that would keep him as the focus.

Speaking of Grev, he likewise used that commentary to improve his standings. A good neutral background, to show him off. And this time, he could show off some of that warrior's strength, rather than having to fuss over the prop.

Imra, of course Mekt would choose Korbal over Winath! If it was a choice between being in a place where you were tormented for the way you were born, and a place where you finally had the power to overcome that... which would you honestly choose?

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
All right, so this round is particularly hard, since each pic looks really nice just on its own. So the only thing really to go on in choice of background.

Once again, Chlor is brilliant. He's staying. And Shadow Kid looked nice as well, though I would've preferred a bit more color in the background.

I'm in agreement with the argument that Grimbor's background looks really generic, and there's nothing in it that really says "this is my home". Maybe he should've gone for some of his cages and other machinery in the background?

I'm also a bit disappointed that Mekt went with Korbal over Winath. How nice would the picture have been of him doing a little bit of farmwork in that t-shirt and jeans? Next time, Mekt, use a space-pitchfork!

Anyway, my vote's going to GRIMBOR.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.