Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Alright, things are going much better for the top 8 challenge, finally. There's more going on in each picture, so everyone's happy, including the art director! Whew! I was starting to think the top 8 were never going to complete a challenge!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm about halfway through this one. It'll be probably a couple more days...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

All the pencilling for the challenge is done. I need to create the judges' commentary still, then scan and color everything. Boy, this one has taken a while, but I do believe it will be worth the extra time and cutting the other themes. It'll be more fun.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Finished the colors. LOVE it! I want to add judges comments, but that'll take more time...

Question...would eliminating the judges comments matter to anyone, really?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
It does matter to me because I like them. However, if it makes things easier for you to eliminate them, so be it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Quis,
Good enough for me! I'm more than happy to create the judges portion of this competition.

I realize that the Auburns are taking a while to get anywhere, but I think things will get right on track again and be some of the most fun we've had with a Pinup Model competition!

So, hang in there, the judges will be chiming in soon!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the judges too. Really, go back to the first Supermodel and try to imagine it without Imra, Marte, and Sarya.
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Today, I wrote the judges' commentary. Pretty fun! I do look forward to adding in some guest judges, too. I guess I was getting a lil impatient. Worth the effort and wait, I hope.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I think there should be a return to the original judges in the Raven Hair competition!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Get ready! The Top 8 Autumn Auburn challenge is finally being posted.....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Done!

Well, I had a lot of fun with this challenge! May I count the ways?

1. Matching Legionverse races with the colors of the rainbow! I had to add brown, but that's cool, right? Indigo and Violet were actually kinda hard. I totally forgot about Gates! I was *sure* there'd be more purple people in Legion comics, but the Athramites fit the bill well, especially paired with Zoe.

2. DANCING! What kind would they do? How comfortable would they be? All fun to think about and depict.

3. Naming the dances!

4. Having the judges flirt with such issues as racism and religion! I mean, it can't just be judging the images can it?

5. Getting feedback?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh yeah, please vote for the male and the female Autumn Auburn who should be REJECTED! Thanks.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
DANCING WITH THE STARS...IN SPACE!

First up, let me say how lovely the colors are.

Ji is on fire. Yowtch, hot! And two lads for every Ji...nicely arranged, Ms. Daggle.

Garth: looks good, but again, a bit stiff. Or is it meant to be? I guess it could be the dance, but "Durlan" tends to suggest more fluidity. (Look at his dance partner. The holocam seems to have caught her in mid-shift.)

Lu: due to the way I was scrolling, my first view of this was from her ribcage(s?) up. It took me a minute to realize I should look for more. This is gorgeous even cropped! The bright sunshine-y yellow really becomes my girl, who is beyond a doubt off notice.

Jo: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! He's doing a nice enough lift, but that expression is pure dip. And hey, did Sebastian Shaw do your hair? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Lana: Brava! The wardrobe and styling is first-rate. A beautiful, classical F.U. to S-boy for that Zynthia episode. (Here's sand in your eye, Stupidboy!) Attitude indeed. And who better to assist than a stunning, hunky Talokian? If there's an ugly Talokian we've never seen 'im.

Don: Divine. He goes waltzing...after midnight (blue). Oh, that color. And kudos to his charming partner, who had to adapt the many-legged Vyrgan dance for the lad with merely two.

Zoe: Z. and her Athramite pals are having such a good time that you want to smile too! But she is tragically overdone.

Val: alert Marzal temporal timeline buffs: one of the magical island's appearances coincided with rise of the popular tune "Rico Suave". A little attitudinal for Val, but I have no problem with it. Coloring particulary nice here.

I think this is one of my favorite challenges in all the SUPERMODELs!

Oh, and I guess I have to vote.

OUT:

JO

and, I'm afraid,

ZOE
though I'd rather vote twice for Jo and keep all the girls.

PS: Dr. Gym'll, are you OK? You look a little gray at times. Have you taken your space vitamins? Or is this just a early-Hulk-style printing prob?

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I've gotta second Teeds' votes. Jo and Zoe really let me down this time... [No]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote Ji and Jo.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.