Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, a tough one.

I don't really know Ji Daggle from a hole in the wall, but she's hot. Saturn Girl does have a point that she doesn't seem to be dancing so much as posing in front of Tyrellian beefcake.

Disco gives me trauma, so I'll just repress Garth's entry and move along. More hot Durlan woman tho, making it worth a peek through the fingers as I try to block the image...

Oh, Lu, I never really liked your cutesy pageboy girl(s)-next-door look, but here? Best entry in this grouping. Very nice.

[Flails around with cane to the theme of 'Stayin Alive,' having been rendered blind by Jo's entry.]

Lana, how much I loathe thee thanks to some show called Smallville. Blue, also, not your color. Green would go better with your hair. Being set on fire would go even better with your hair tho. I'm just sayin...

I grudgingly admit that Don looks dapper in a tux. And he's showing amazing open-mindedness to be dancing with a multi-limbed communist bug-seal-thing in a tiara.

Kinetix, if you Donna Summer that hair up any higher, it's going to need a permit. And back away from the accessories, this isn't a nomadic society, you don't have to wear everything you own all at once!

Val, keepin' it real. Word, as they say.

So I'm voting out Jo, for the boys, because I just can't handle the ponytail.

As for the girls, it's a hard one. I wanted to vote out Lana, 'cause she's a witch and I hate her, but really, Kinetix has got to be punished for going all 'my little pony' with the sparklies.

So, outsville for Jo and Kinetix. Maybe I'll catch up with Lana and Don later, as they openly defy me with their staying power...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject, regretfully, Lana and Jo.

It's too bad we can't keep their dance partners around, though. [Wink]

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Jo out, since I don't believe that Coluan dance #26Z-822 allows smiles.

Kinetix out, since she's her usual over-the-top self, which distracts from the performance for me (even if that costume is part of the dance). Lana missed getting the slipper by recognition of all the training it takes for classical ballet.

Garth and Don: very cool! And Lu really outdid herself here! Kudos to Val for hittin' the streets.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Ji: Oh, she's dancing allright. We just caught her at a quieter moment. One of my favourites this time around. She'll probably shape-shift in a minute and flow all over her tyrrazian companions...

Garth: Meh. Looks a bit stiff to me... I also think that a Durlan dance should involve constant shape-shifting.

Lu: Yeah! My favourite Lu picture in this competition.

Jo: Meh. I think my main problem with this one is that I think that a Coluan dance should look different. Not that I'm an expert in Coluan dancing, mind you... Jo's smirk also looks weird.

Lana: I hate ballet and I hate Lana. This picture is pretty good, but my prejudices (and the fact that all other female dancers are just better) will probably force me to vote Lana out.

Don: I laughed out loud when I saw this one. Because of that he stays.

Kinetix: I actually like this picture quite a bit, with all the big hair and everything. Lots of accessories, but this IS an athramite dance after all.

Val: My favorite of the males. He really got it right in this one.

So, reject Jo and Lana.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, will there ever be an end to you getting better and better? [Smile]

Ji: While this is certainly a very pretty picture and Ji is looking sultrily beautiful, I have to agree with Saturn Girl here. With only such a small part of the dancers shown there's just not enough of a sense of movement there or any distinctive dancing style recognisable, which puts Ji at a severe disadvantage compared to the others.

Garth: Ahahaha! Love it. Garth's arched-out chest, the hand positioning, the costumes... words fail me, except for maybe Disco Lives!

Lu: I have no idea what a Sklarian is, but they certainly pale in comparison to super-radiant Luornu, even if everyone's perfectly synchronised - what skill! That golden yellow really flatters Lu.

Jo: Argh. Is an alternate name for that dance the Log Lift? That's at least what it looks like what Jo is doing - he seems to be lacking any of the finesse necessary to make him a good dancer. Well, at least he seems happy in a "look what I found" way. I'd say as well that I just can't imagine Coluans having such fanciful, frivolous dances, if any at all.

Lana's production of Sand Wasp Lake leaves me oddly cold. I can't even put my finger on what it is that makes me dislike it - apart from me starting to really hate her mask.

Don: While I don't particularly care for Don, his has to be my favorite entry. There's so much grace, poise and dignity displayed here! Full marks to him and his charming partner.

Kinetix: Now that is truly a satorial disaster (bad Athramites, bad!). Still, they're all emanating such a sense of fun that it's simply infectious. Well, at least I can't help being charmed by their little number.

Val: Such attitude. How very tough. How very street. How very I just can't come up with a good comment.

Reject Ji and Jo.

(Love the judges - those contests wouldn't be the same without them. Dr. Gym'll's been cracking me up this time around especially.)

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm definitely voting out JO for the guys.

I'll have to come back later and figure out which girl to vote out; I love Ji, Zoe and Lu here, but can't yet bring myself to vote out Lana. (Why all the Lana hate anyway? I've never seen SMALLVILLE; is this show giving her a bad rep? I'm glad my first exposure to her was through old S/LSH issues and not the tv show).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
S'okay Lash, you can abstain from rejecting a girl this time. Zoe had more votes than the others so she can't be saved at this point. Jo had it even worse...he's unanimously rejected!

I've already finished pencils on every part of the next round..the host, the contestants and the judges. Stay tuned!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
A little quick with the voting I think. [Wink]

I think I would have voted for Zoe. and would have pick Karate Kid.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Sorry, Quis. I suppose I should have waited a while longer for the girls' voting. Jo's elimination was so evident...

I guess I was also eager to move on to the next challenge...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've posted Mysa's intro for the next challenge and introduced a familiar judge. Let me just say that the judging dialogue has a life of its own. It writes itself!

The rest soon...

[ November 15, 2006, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I am dyin' for Sketchy's AA8 pic-by-pic commentary!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

That's my cue!

Rainbow colors (plus brown)

Aliens that exist in the Legionverse

Dancing

It took forever to get all that together, but once it was decided, then it was a matter of matching.

I did want Ji to give a sort of Britney/Beyonce/Madonna vibe. Very sexy herself, and hanging with hot, scantily clad men.

Garth needed a more conservative dance, but nothing boring. I liked the idea of a monochromatic composition, so with his hair, he got the orange spot. I wanted Garth's picture to be fun but keep in mind that he has *always* been attached to Imra.

**Here's a note...in the animated series threads, I seem to consistently whine about them using random background characters when they *could* use existing ones from the books. So what do I do when I need a Tryazzian and a Durlan? Do I cast Tyr or Yera? NO! I use unknowns! Hypocrite!**

I wanted Val for yellow, so I could put him in his preboot fancy collar, but it had to be a girl. I didn't want Lana because her Insect Queen costume is already yellow. Lu it is! Naturally, I put her with 2 Sklarians (get it? so there'd be 3 total?). Notice it's the Supremecy dance? Supremes? [Smile]

I was going to have Jo just do the male version of what Ji did. But I figured there should be something different. I know he has a goofy look on his face, but I thought he was charming. Uh, that Coluan girl is HOT, btw! I liked the idea that the Coluans number their dances.

I recall a Lana ballet scene from one of the early Superboy stories in the Legion archives, so I decided to bring that here. It's simple and lovely, if I do say so myself.

Indigo! Who the frik has indigo colored skin in Legion comics? I poured through most of my Archive Editions and all of my Who's Who issues. Nothing. Finally, I looked at my postboot collection and DUH! Gates! Now, what to do? Putting Don in indigo naturally evolved into a tuxedo, and then the rest of the picture painted itself!

Violet. Okay, plenty of violet (okay...purple) people in Legion comics, right? I looked for them the same time as I looked for the indigo ones. Nothing. Was Dr. Mayavale purple? He looked grey sometimes. Yes, Teeds, I think he suffered from Hulk-itis sometimes. Then, right around the same time that I found Gates, I found the Athramites. Okay, they're kinda lavendar, but it was in the *family.* I was gonna have one stand on another's shoulders with an overcoat on, and do a box step with Zoe. In fact, that might have been a more charming idea, but I quite liked the idea of having several of them all around Zoe.

It was easy to choose brown as the extra color. I'm very happy with KK's depiction and his lovely backup dancers.

After not one but two cancelled "shoots" for the top 8, I was more than pleased with the results of this third try!!

Thank you to all the voters and for all the commentary. I LOVE IT!

Hey, I like the next challenge, too. Stay tuned!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

ZOE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SQUARE DANCING WITH THE ATHRAMITES!!!!

Oh, so late....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh yeah, when I couldn't think of any indigo colored characters, I was going to draw Don with the Indigo Girls, colored ...indigo... and say they were from the planet Indigo, but luckily I found that picture of Gates....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

Violet. Okay, plenty of violet (okay...purple) people in Legion comics, right? I looked for them the same time as I looked for the indigo ones. Nothing. Was Dr. Mayavale purple? He looked grey sometimes.

Dr. Mayavale's perceptions are colored by all the mist-huffing, I'm sure.

Now, Dr. Gym'll is purple. Every Jaquaan I can think of: Gym'll, Ryk'rr, Kw'ss-- is purple.

There's also the Purple Eyestalk Guys (probably not the official term) such as Gruertis Nyebif.

Power Boy has purple skin... it's a side effect of this Earth boy's powers, though.

A (very early) thread on the Purple!

[ November 16, 2006, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.