Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RPM Discussion Thread (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: RPM Discussion Thread
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject:
Pulsar and Jacques

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote to get rid of Pulsar Stargrave and Lazon. In my opinion Night Girl and Colossal Boy were the winners of this round. Awesome.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Early returns...

Pulsar 4
Lazon 3
IK2 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:

Umm, is it ok if I vote too in the next challenge?

Be careful the subtle (o)v(o) imagery some around here will use to to influence your voting.

quote:
Originally posted by Dain:

I wish Sketch Lad were the artist of the Legion comic.

Call me "Ditto Lad." At least for the characters. Be cool, a "fan" page at least.

Hmm, I'm off with the group again. This is the best Pulsar yet TO ME and the first I've chosen near the top. Well proportioned. That bit of smugness I'd expect. IK II wins this round on my card.

Rejected!
Colossal Boy - Looks more like Steroid Boy. Some things large beyond proportion and some thing eh,... not so much.

What! I was referring to his right leg.

Lazon - Not a bad look at all for Lazon, but based mostly on past performance and the others are all looking good to me.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Pulsar 4
Lazon 4
IK2 1
Gim 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Blockade Boy,
You crack me up! Thanks for the comments!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Pulsar Stargrave and....either Night Girl or Colossal Boy...Night Girl or Colossal Boy....Colossal Boy!

So, Pulsar and Colossal Boy.

And I can't believe that people are voting against Lazon this time around, he looks awesome with those piercing yellow eyes and that mischivious smile. I think he rocked this challenge.

Winner of the challenge: Lazon. Dawny and Gas Girl also look great, love Dawny's expression and Gas Girl's hair. IK2 is OK, if not too exciting (but I do love the concept of upside-down waterfalls). Night Girl is just not doing it for me, her expression looks.. well, fake, maybe she should have gone INTO the tunnel. I agree with Blockade Boy regarding Colossal Boy: he looks as if on steroids, and his proportions are not quite right. Pulsar... there's something wrong with his neck. I do like the red glow in his eyes, though.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Invisible Kid II and Colossal Boy, although I commend Colossal Boy for resembling the Laboratory.

Lydda is also commended for appearing in bright sunlight. Her eyes match the sky perfectly.

Lazon, Dawny and Gas Girl blend very well with their chosen wonders and of course Pulsar and his ego have to dwarf the giants.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Lucky Sevens

Dawnstar: No sense in hiding your light under a space-bushel, right? Right. Not even at Sun City.

Night Girl: "Okay, what's going to get me through to the next round...highlighting a tunnel or highlighting my space-bikini?"

Pulsar Stargrave: this suits him very well. Good show.

IKII: Hee hee! This one looks like he jumped into the frame. "C'est moi, Jacques!" A bit doofus-y in a charming way, lively and kinda funny. More interesting/memorable than some of the others.

Lazon: Hey, Lazy, finally you take some time to shine. Good ta know you have some personality.

OUT:

Colossal Boy.
I think I get what you were going for, but it didn't quite work for me.

Gas Girl. It's the facial expression.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Pulsar 5
Lazon 4
Gim 4
IK2 2
Gas Girl 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Gim, Gim, Gim... [No] You disappoint me this round! He was the top of my list and an early front runner but, alas, this round I must vote him out. He was just too... too... I don't know what but I didn't like it.

I was torn between Night Girl and Dawny for the other vote because, unfortunately, these ladies let me down, as well. I'm going to have to go with Lydda, though. Something in her whole image didn't work for me.

I really loved Jaques and Lazon this round. Those boys blew me away. Gas Girl was by far my favorite of the fem. At first I didn't like Pulsar Stargrave but, upon second viewing, I realized how much it suited him.

Great show, Dean. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...better late than never on these fast moving competitions! [Big Grin]

I guess I'm also out of step with the majority of the voters on my picks for the 2 to go.

Gas Girl
Pulsar Stargrave

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Pulsar 6
Gim 5
Lazon 4
IK2 2
Gas Girl 2
Lydda 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thought this would be a good time for some notes from the Artistic Director at Pinup Models, Inc.

The Zaton Glissand fashion show...
Zaton and the models collaborated on what to wear. None of the models had any conflicts with the designer and vice versa. It was a very calm and pleasant event. I was a bit surprised Calorie Queen was eliminated. I thought Tasmia looked great in pink, though I do admit that Zaton's headpiece for her was rather odd. I thought Gigi was hot! Evidently too much.

Extreme Close Up Colors...
I'm in love with that picture of Dawnstar! If I do say so myself! I was very happy with all of these except for Andromeda and Pulsar. That drawing of Andy would look great in regular color. I may do that someday. I did a drawing of Cal for this contest, which I still may scan and post sometime.

Seven Wonders.... This contest result is still pending, so I'll talk about the ideas that were rejected. I posted the Omnicom idea. I was going to use "footage" from the comics plus a new little headshot of each model, but I agreed that it should have been more about the model than all the other stuff. I found it very difficult to place the models near their exhibits, because they are all pretty large. So, the Wonders needed to be in the background. Another idea was to have them in old fashioned, kitchy tour guide uniforms, and work for Oli-3 Queen Enterprises. Cute, but kinda dull. Then, I was going to have them selling holo-maps to the 7 Wonders. They were going to be nude, but covered up by a sandwich board showing each person's individual Wonder. Gim would have been giant, so his board would have been right in front of the private bit. Dawny's wings would have been fully extended, to draw attention to her sign. (.... see, that's where the idea lost its charm... what would the others do?) So, to hell with it! Put 'em in bikinis and stick 'em in front of the wonders!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the wind blowing Dawnstar's hair back. Neat. Plus the whole native american / sun city thing made me laugh, in a politically incorrect sort of way.

Colossal Boy, eh, but I like him, so he gets a pass. Had he been standing behind the strat-lab, hands over it like some movie monster, it might have been more dramatic. Little people running and screaming in sub-titles...

Night Girl is awesome, as always, although her 'cups' are differently shaped. Lop-sided boobies! I'm gonna fall out of my chair!

I like Pulsar's stance. I guess I won't vote him out.

Oh Jacques. You're not Lyle. Go away and take the skunk-lock with you, 'cause you're not Rogue either.

Gas Girl's been hitting the botox. Check out those lips! Such big eyes you have grandma! Sort of a mix of 'ooh' surprise-and-alarm and 'quiche me baby.' I'm not feeling it. The whole expression says to me, 'Wedgie!'

Nice placement on Lazon. The lopsided smile suggests mischief. Or possibly a killing spree. So hard to tell with that boy...

Ditch Gas Girl and IK2.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.