Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RPM Discussion Thread (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: RPM Discussion Thread
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject:
Lazon
Pete

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Update:

Pete 6
Andy 6
Pulsar 4

The rest are 2 or less

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Andromeda and Lazon.
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
PorkyPete and Gas Girl aren't doing it for me.

I'm still sucking my thumb and rocking from the trauma of losing Gigi.

Come near Lydda, and I'm gonna snap!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote against Porcupine Pete (who looks like he escaped from a Dr. Seuss book in the Library of Unwritten Books in the Dreaming...) and Pulsar Stargrave, AKA descendant of Marvel's The Leader. How *that* could happen boggles the imagination.

I liked Gim the best this round.

Y'know, Dean- Gas Girl doesn't *have* to have the gas-effect hair in every pic. She can have normal looking hair and have gas appear somewhere else on her body. I mean, it's a signifier of her power, not a permanent condition. An effect like in the animated opening of "I Dream of Jeannie" could work for her...

It's gonna take some work for anybody to beat Lydda's opening round pic. That dress was amazing...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Pete 8
Andy 7
Puls 5
Lazon 3

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

What do you guys think of this idea... the top seven are the tour guides for the Seven Wonders of the 30th Century. They will appear in an omnicom designed especially for the tour.

The thing is, the models only appear in a very small portion of the screen. I suppose the test for them is to really stand out, to POP in the midst of all the other stuff going on.

OR...

Should I come up with something else for them?

Please let me know what you think.
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
You should do whatever you like, Dean, you've shown again and again that you have a great artistic vision. Just draw whatever you're thinking of, we'll sure tell you whether we liked it or not...

Regarding the Night Girl picture, maybe we can have the guides be more active, more involved in what they are showing. Otherwise they just look like TV anchormen (anchorpersons?). Or is that what you're going for?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It might be more fun to have them as part of the action. Night Girl *in* the trans-earth tunnel, for instance.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I agree. I'd love to see the Seven Wonders as backdrops, but the models need to be in the picture itself.

And, if you really want to give Night Girl a challenge, put her in Sun City.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Doctor One about just having a head shot in the corner. We need more interaction.

Perhaps a future challenge would incorporate them using their powers.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm glad I posted that example, because even though I like the idea of using "footage" from the comics, I agree with what most of you have said about having the models be more interactive with the exhibits. I'll be taking a bit of time to get these sketches right.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, coming soon, the Top Seven Pinup Models and the Seven Wonders of the 30th Century!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Incidentally, I do think the basic omnicom design is pretty cool, but I just don't think it's really great for a modelling competition.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.