Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RPM Discussion Thread (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: RPM Discussion Thread
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Porcupine Pete and (unfortunately) Andromeda. I agree with Teed's comment from above: Andy is gold-blonde, not platinum! I think that's what irked me the most about her picture.

On notice: Dawny. She looks as if she just came out of the shower. And IK2, what a bland picture!

Lazon, Night Girl and Colossal Boy are great (this challenge really goes well with Lazon's and Night Girl's powers...) Pulsar and Gas Girl are OK.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Is Aton Glissand related to Zaton Glissand, or are the two in fact one who is really embracing "less is more" ?

Sometimes Zaton goes by Aton because when you translate names on his homeworld, the first and last character of their alphabet can be exchanged, left off or otherwise altered.

(Did I explain that with enough authority? Or does it seem like I'm just trying to back peddle my way out of an error?)

[Wink]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:
Is it too early to start thinking about the next competition? I'd like to propose a round devoted to 'elderly gentlemen'. It could include people like Universo, Aven, Brande, Loomis, Marla Latham, Ra's al-Ghoul, Leland McCauley, President Desai, Chief Zendak, King Voxv, Ambassador Relnic, King Jonn of Pasnic, some of the old versions of Starfinger, etc.

Fat Cramer once brought this up...Silver Foxes, I believe? It sounds like a great idea, but on the back-burner for now.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:
So, Dean, I'm curious, what would Anton have done if Blok had still been in the competition? I'm trying to think about a sexy outfit for Blok, and I'm coming up with a blank. And a giggle.

Maybe you should take this up as a challenge?...

Since he gave Gas Girl a gas dress, and Dawnstar a feather enemble, I can only assume he'd put Blok in some sort of marble or granite masterpiece. Alas, we'll never know!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

VERY early on....

Pete and Andy are the current bottom 2.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I came to the same conclusion as Doctor 1.

Goodbye
Pete
Andy

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm rejecting Invisible Kid II & Colossal Boy

I think Gim was trying to be someone else with that hair style and Jacques just didn't pull it off with his lighting/color effect.

Dawnstar looked very high humidity sultry. Night Girl played it safe with the dark color, but safe doesn't mean bad. I liked Pete. He looked quite fierce. If he looked that good at his Legion Try-out, he might have made the team. Lazon made good use of lighting as he should. Pulsar & Andromeda looked good, but not outstanding.

Gas Girl is the real stand out in this challenge. Followed by Pete.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
This time I've really got to go with Pulsar Stargrave and Porcupine Pete. Those boys really let me down. On notice: Gas Girl, Invisible Kid II and Night Girl. All had aspects I liked but none WOWed me.

The big winners for me this time were Gim (once again) and Dawny. She eyes just looked so... exposed. Lazon was absolutely fabulous, too. Really liked the color you chose for him and the way you used it on him. Great work, Dean!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote to kick out Pulsar Stargrave. Sorry to say, I really wasn't groovin on Porcupine Pete this round (kind of grinchy lookin), but I'm stickin by him and tossing Lazon to the wolves instead .

I love what your doing with Gim. Night Girl looked very exotic. But it was Dawnstar that amazed me this time around. But then again your work is usually amazing.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Forget a title, I'm declaring my luv for P-Pete here & now.

Favorite colors: Dawny's purple/pink palette, Jacques' serene aquamarine, and (though on the pic I'm not so keen) Pulsar's glowing green.

Although I usually don't pay much attention to Dawnstar, this holo is compelling.

Space-kudos to Gas Girl and Porcupine Pete. GG looks like a Vogue fashion illustration circa '67. Now, for PP, the colors aren't as lush or pretty as others'. They're actually kind of off-putting if you don't take into consideration that this is a replication of an OLD COMIC BOOK enlarged and reprinted on good paper in a coffee table retrospective. He's giving you what you like, sentients, how could you vote him out?

OUT:

Pulsar Stargrave

Andromeda

Totally on notice: LAZON. Dude. Be interesting or go home. (I totally mean to be mean.)

Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Andromdea and Gas Girl get my vote.

Jacques and Dawnstar on notice... ;-)

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Pete is at the lead of the fashion curve, some just haven't caught on and it's costing him.

Reject

IK II
has been my man all competition but he chose the colorist and he chose wrong. IK you have a free pass to watch the rest of the competition.

Reject
Dawny
Linear Gouraurd shading was a small but happily passing fancy, a mistake to dig it up and the star appears to be channeling Sandra Bernhard. The wet hair look did however send me to my private quarters for a little alone time.

[ March 09, 2007, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Reject:

Andromeda
Stargrave

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lovin' Lazon and Invisible Kid.

Not lovin' Andromeda and Pete (too 90s EXTREME comic).

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Pete and Lazon,

no that's just me being a hater,

Pete and Gim: Final answer, Regis!

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.