Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And WHAT a 3 pages! Love the choice for white/light backround on pgs 14/15, because it makes the characters pop and some of these guys have had less 'screentime' so far.

I do think I've done OK juggling the huge cast and am glad I started things where I did and got the team all together in 1 issue (except for those 'insiders' Gorgonna mentions).

EXCELLENT work on the 10-panel grid on pg 16.

I can't believe this issue is almost over, and I look forward to what I feel will be a powerful ending scene...! Dean rules!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
OK. I have finished reading Starsearchers!

First, the art. Simply amazing, the pencils, the panel layout, the colors! Just WOW! Each character looks distinct and unique! Bravo!

The characters. In an ensemble piece like this, certain characters about bound to stick out to diffierent people. I currently love Bluu, Iriit, the Unnamed and Vamp. The newcomers are also intereting but I will reserve judgement until we see more of them, The only one I personnally don't like is Seven, just because of her character type (Big Strong Warrior Woman)but that doesn't mean I won't fall in love with her eventually. Lash, huge KUDOS on an amazing cast that I cannot wait to see more of.

The writing. LOVE IT. The character bits combined with the space opera epic story remind me of two of my favorite writers (Levitz and moreso Englehart). I find myself comparing the writing style to Englehart more than Levitz, but since both are my favorites, you can do no wrong either way.

For one reason or another, the one scene that chilled me to the bone was when the Unnamed freed the prisoners. His line there totally creeped me out, reminding me of a cross between Obsidian and the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I cannot wait to read more!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

YAY MATT's onboard!!! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it so far.

I echo every ounce of praise you give to Dean. I love that boy (his art too)!! [Big Grin]

I can only blush with pride at your kind words about the script. That means so much coming from another whose stories I have enjoyed here. Thank you.

Hang in there with Seven. There's more to her than we've seen so far. There's quite a story behind how she came into possession of the Jewel of Siffra that gives her her powers.

Yeah, Unnamed is a bit unhinged. It ain't gonna be pretty when he meets up with Venoma (the other survivor of his home planetoid that you will meet in issue 3), who is one of Omarr's top assassins.

Thank you for reading and commenting, Matt!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I especially loved page 15's layout!
Sketch is really varying the look of the pages and I love it.

Great inclusion of Rexall and Omarr.
I just can't stand him or that culture!

Poor K'zle.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you Matt and Candle, for the supportive comments!

Lash, I'm SOOO close to coloring the final sequence of issue #2. I'm also quite pleased with page 17, which features the lil rebels in Click Here For A Spoilercivilian attire!

Hang in there!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OMG, YAY, new pages!!!! MUST GO READ!!!

Also, FYI... 15 pages of # 4 are done... the final sequence is going to be quite violent so I thought I would take a brief break before I tackled that.

Glad I did...! Off to read...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

WoWwwww... PuuuuuuuRDY!!!! LOVE Hoppa's new look! Awesome! I notice a new plan with Temp's look, thanks for providing the explanatory dialogue there!! And again, the colors SNAP, CRACKLE and POP!

Issue 2 is SO almost done!!

Dean, I gotsta axe... is Starsearchers the longest sequentials you've done as an adult artist?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Annnnd # 4 script is DONE. First a proofreading then an e-mailing.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dean, when this issue is complete I will plug again on FACEBOOK... do you know any other places/sites I can attempt to spread the STARSEARCHERS word?

Also, how do you get the stats from DRUNK DUCK that you have posted previously? I'd be interested to see. I can tell from the comments there we have a few followers, but not everyone comments...

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I think page 17 is my favorite so far!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Glad the pages please.

I've begun colors on that last scene, and I've done actually a LOT of pencils for #3.

Lash, I'm glad you're good with Temp's verbiage regarding his uni. Honestly, a color change maybe could happen, but the design is as is.

As far as sequential pages, yes, this has become my largest body of work in that regard. I love it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Date / # of views

5-18-2010 10
5-17-2010 140
5-16-2010 40
5-15-2010 20
5-14-2010 120
5-13-2010 50
5-12-2010 60
5-11-2010 170
5-10-2010 230
5-9-2010 80
5-7-2010 10
5-6-2010 30
5-5-2010 100
5-4-2010 110
5-3-2010 440
5-2-2010 20
5-1-2010 10
4-30-2010 10
4-29-2010 130
4-28-2010 20
4-27-2010 20
4-26-2010 80
4-24-2010 40
4-23-2010 100
4-22-2010 10
4-21-2010 40
4-20-2010 20
4-19-2010 80
4-17-2010 50
4-16-2010 10
4-15-2010 10
4-14-2010 20
4-13-2010 20
4-12-2010 60
4-9-2010 120
4-8-2010 40
4-7-2010 30
4-4-2010 10
4-1-2010 10

Our biggest single day was on 5/3 with 440 views!
We have a total of over 5,000 views. I want MORE!
[Smile]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's so funny when Hoppa strikes a sexy girl pose in her new bathingsuit.
lol

And my poor blobby K'zle is all frowny and homesick for his mom.
lol

What a joy, kids!
Thank-you.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

I can't wait for more!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Issue #2 will be over SO soon! (and thank you, Mattrop & Candle)

So, Lash, which short scene from #3 should I post as a spoiler sneeky peeky?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.