Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dev's Legion Fanfic project...What happens after Zero Hour - The Attack Continues (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Dev's Legion Fanfic project...What happens after Zero Hour - The Attack Continues
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a reason for the number of them, and why one is empty as well.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay. I'm even more intrigued now. Patience, patience...

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
JEEBUS, Dev-- I loved that the Empress made everyone so afraid... they SHOULD be... and then next you reveal BION to be there? You aren't taking it easy on the kids, are you?

Gotta go back and finish-- I got so excited I had to switch over here and comment real quick... BBL...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Awwww, SANP! HE'S back? I **HATE** him (that is to say, good choice for a villain!!). How is HE back?!?!? Okay, back to the story...

ps/ lovin' Mekt's role... he's like RJ brande/Marla Latham and adult Cham to the sw6 Legionnaires, all rolled into one...

ps2/ As I read this, I am picturing the scenes in Giffen-style art...

BBL...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Aha! Nice reveal re: Tharok there...

"Preeeeeettty"! LOL, I loved that!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Whoa!! Forgive me for posting so much, but there is a LOT going on, one startling reveal after the other (much like the 5yL-- fitting!!) and I don't want to miss commenting on anything... I am just going to start one final post and keep adding to it as I read...

I love the "li'l Legionnaires"... Pol, the twins... Aunt Ivy!! yay!

Ironhides' ID = SHOCKER. Didn't see that coming at all. Damn...

WHOA. The Assasssins, too? YOU AIN'T PLAYIN' here... I'm a little scared for everyone...!

"city shift activity"... cool term. I like Geff and Tara!

Well, I'm completely caught up. Dev, you have REALLY amped everything up now and it's all very exciting! I'm loving the mile a minute feel coupled with all the awesome reveals... If I may compare to previous LEGION runs, it was kinda like the excitement and roller-coaster ride of the first 5 or so issues of DnA/Coipel on THE LEGION mixed in with the danger of TMK.

There's a LOT going on and a TON of characters to keep track of (which I **love**)... you've got me hooked.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Aha! Nice reveal re: Tharok there...

"Preeeeeettty"! LOL, I loved that!!

The Tharok thing just made soooo much sense to me.

I thought you'd get a kick out of the Pretty thing.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Oh yeah, and I now know why Paul used notecards.
Dev - Em
KIA

The Return of the Legion of Super Heroes: Part 1

>click<

Good evening again to all of you in the United Planets. Welcome to this special look at the Legion of Super Heroes. The New Legion of Super Heroes, if you will. The team formed by the twin sons of Gath and Imra Ranzz, better known to the U.P. as Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl.

We have a very special guest with us tonight, that guest is Graym Ranzz, who goes by the name Discharge. Now Graym, you inherited your fathers ability to wield lightning.

"That's right. I followed in his footsteps in that respect."

Now, watching you operate in the field, your leadership style seems to be that of your "Uncle" Rokk Krinn, who was known as Cosmic Boy of the originall Legion of Super Heroes. Very calm and cool under every situatuion you have been seen in, and unlike your father, who was often known to loose his cool in certian situations.

"Well, my dad was a bit of a hot head back when he first left home and joined the Leguion, but he learned a lot with age and mellowed quitre a bit. Especially after he and mom both retired to Winath."

Very true, he turned into quite the respected businessman. Now you have been the Leader of the Legion of super heroes since it reformed five years ago in response to the return of Sarya, the Emerald Empress and her new Fatal Five.

"That correct. The Legion used to have a rotating leader, but we decided that stability of overall leadership style was more important than following that particular tradition...besides, we couldn't find what Tenzil had done with the Planetary Chance Machine."

Hahahahaha, that's pretty funny. You're referring of course to Tenzil Kem, Matter Eater Lad of the Legion. Now what made you decide that the return of the Fatal Five was the time to emerge as the new Legion, as opposed to the other uprisings of old criminals that your parents had fought?

"Well, for one thing, we were finally old enough to get away with it. Our Uncle kept us in check for a long time, but finally gave in once he saw that Sarya was back and in control of the Eye again. Weird thing about that, is that there were two Eye's for a while, but nobody can seem to locate the second one...not even Sarya herself."

You say we, you're referring to your brother Garridan correct?

"Oh yeah. y brither is something else. He still goes by the code name Validus. He's our major power, which is no secret. He is the same hulkking creature that used to keep kids up at night all over the U.P., but since he's a bit older now, he's in fulll control of that form. It's also no secret that he can control his transformation from average guy to hulking beast. He weilds mental lightning, a strange combination of our parents powers, and he also has the strength and invulnerability that he always showed. He's actually more comfortable in his Validus form, because he's free of the special transuit that he still needs to wear to keep the Validus Plague at bay. The Doctors' say that the plague has been successfully exterminated as a threat to most known species, but he won't take any chances."

You're referring to the plague that ravaged Winath all those years ago?

"Yeah, he's still a little sensative about all that, but we were just babies at the time. So, he refuses to open up, if you will, and does not want to take the chance of another outbreak. He also has a wicked sense of humor, and keeps us all on our toes around the headquarters."

On Talus still?

"Yeah, but we have a new name for the former asteroid."

I'm sorry, did you say former asteroid? What is it now then?

"He...is one of my parents former teammates."

I beg your pardon?

"I'm referring to Blok. When his body was destroyed by Roxxas, he lingered around and came to rest in the asteroids core. Apparently his race has had one member

every generation or so that has been able to do this, or so he was told by someone he refers to as Strata Prime. Anyway, he somehow came to rest on Talus, and the asteroid is now sentient and has all of Bloks character traits. So he's a valued member of our team that has remained a secret if you will until now."

Why reveal this now?

"Oh, I've got a whole bunch of other surprises for you tonight. Do you want to go over the remaining members that you know..."

There are new members?

"Let's cover familiar ground first, then we have a few surprises in store."

Alright...you've just taken this out of my control, and I couldn't be happier...

"Good. I thought you'd like this."

Definately, first we have Zoe Saugin, also known as Kinetix. She of course possesses telekenetic ability, and an arsenal of magical trinkets.

"Yep. We've identified a few more well known ones for our...I mean your, audience. She carries with her the Amulate of Dr. Fate, the cloak of the Spectre and the

Trident of the Blue Devil. She has others, but most of them are things I've never heard of."

Right, next we have Jenni Ognats who goes by the name XS. She possesses the super speed that most of her family has for generations. Now I'm to understand that she is somehow related to the original Flash?

"Actually, that was Jay Garrick. No she is the Granddaughter of Barry Allen, the second person to hold the name Flash."

Right...the granddaughter of someone who lived more than a thousand years ago.

"Never said it was simple."

Okay, very true. You also have Gates. Zyryx of Gildishpan. The teleporter of the team.

Yeah. Gates is awesome, and he's totally into trying to prove that the perception that most sentients have of the Gildishpan is wrong, and they're all not like Zymyr was. He has a lot to prove to the U.P. and means to do it by any way he can."

The other brothers of the group are Greatfire and Greybird of Starhaven. Are both trackers like their older sister Dawnstar? It never seems clear to the general populace.

"Yeah they are both great trackers, and they came to the Legion with something to prove, and a strong desire to find the Bounty entity that atttacked their sister.

They figured that we would be the most logical first step in their journey...as they call it."

You also have a Braalian on your team as well. Dyrk Magz, known as Magno. He was born off of Braal, and has never set foot on the planet, yet he wants to make a statement to the UP that all Braalians are not insular.

"Correct on that, and he's been doing a great job there. Braalians have totally embraced him as a symbol."

The last two members that we know about are Mykl Grimbor, known as Lash Lad. Now he's been called the greatest escape artist since the famed Mister Miracle of New Genesis. Broke away from his father at a young age and sought out you and your brother for help.

"Again correct. He's a good kid that had a really messed up dad. He's unbelievable when it comes to escaping things, and containing things as well."

Last, but definately not least is Princess Alyssa of Orando. Known as Karate Kid in honor of the legendary Val Armor, she Combines the illusionary powers of her heritage, and the training given her first by her cousins husband Val Armorr, and later by Myg of Lythyl, she is the most feared hand to hand combatant in the UP.

"Imagine being hit in the chest when your mind tells you that she is aiming for your face. It's really messed up how good she is."

Well, we've covered the team as it has been known. How about those "surprises?"

I think that guy over there is trying to get your attention..."

Yes, thank you. We'll be right back after these words from our sponsers."

>click<

"I don't like this. Waiting backstage like a piece of meat."

"Trust me, my brother knows what he's doing. The four of you are going to be great. The audience is going to love you."

"But why make a show like this of it. It seems pompous."

"Yeah, but it makes for good publicity, and Uncle Mekt said this was a good idea, and it's what Chief Erin wanted as well. Make a big show, and then tell them what we're going to be trying to do."

"I still think that that is a terrible idea."
"Oh well, it's too late now. We finally have a lead on the guy we've been looking for, and he'll lead us to our parents."

Dev - Em
KIA

Interlude 1

Devin Connor stood next to the newest members of the Legion of Super Heroes. As Graym talked onstage with the interviewer, joking and talking about the team, he thought back to how this all started for him.

It was on Talus, in the time that the Legion was being hunted for treason against the United Planets. He was just out of the Academy, being fast-tracked through for all the wrong reasons, at least to him.

Science Police Officer Devin Connor was just trying to keep people from staring at him. It was always about trying to blend in, and to be taken seriously as an Officer, not just a half breed freak with strength and magnetic ability.

Here he was again though, milling around when he heard Lt. Jameson calling for him.

"Officer Connor reporting sir," he said with a quick salute.

"Hold it a second Connor. A'Tony, transmit copies of those files to Central command A.S.A.P." A loud resounding "YES SIR!" echoed through Devin's head. He sometimes hated his abilities to hear things drop miles away, especially when someone a few feet away decided to all but scream his responses to Lt. Jameson.

Jameson turned to him and handed him a cylinder container with a twist off top. "See if your Daxamite and Braalian abilities can open this."

Devin glanced down at the container, it looked like it had a Neusloian Seal on it alright. tough to break, but not impossible. "I'll try sir," he said with no real hesitation.

He gave the cannister a good twist with his strength backed up with magnetic force as well, but not enough to mess up A'Tonys' transmission. "Here ya go, Lieutenant. Somebody already loosened it..."

He cut off his sentence when a humanoid jawbone fell out of the cannoster. It was accompanied by various other small bones and a whole mlot of dust.

"What the hell...?" Lt. Jameson said in amazement with what he was seeing. "What the hell would the Legion want with someone's remains?"

It turned out that the cannister had belonged to Molock Hanscom, although they never knew what he wanted with the remains in the cannister either...until that fateful day a few years later.

He was awoken in the middle of the night by Chief Erin himself. The thing was, Chief Erin was knocking at his door, and not calling on the intercom like usual.

"Officer Connor. We have a situation at home base. I was returning from vacation on Winith, and got a transmission that was cut off before it finished. It involved that cannister you and your team found on Talus four years ago."

Devin was stunned. He had worked two years to get out from under Jamesons command, and now that case was coming back into his life. "What does this have to do with me sir?"

"Nothing, and possibly everything." Chief Erin thumb and middle finger of his right hand on either temple and rubbed them.

"I'm not sure I understand sir..."

"This is all off the record, so please, for right now call me Sean," Chief Erin said as he turned his eyes back to Devin. "What happened is this...the Emerald Eye attacked the base about an hour after the science team opened that cannister again."

"It hasn't been opened since Talus si...Sean?"

"No, because of my fears, and it turns out they wee founded in reality. Lt. Jameson however felt that I had held back long enough and ordered that they open and determine whose remains they were."

"Without your approval?"

"Yes, and I guess that will never be addressed really. The entire science team and several officers were slaughtered when the Eye revived her."

"Her?"

"Sarya of Venegar. The Emerald Empress."

"I thought that the girl Cera..."

"She's dead as well. The eye abandoned her as soon as it sensed that part of Sarya's body was still in existance." Sean walked over the the table in the kitchen, and sat down. "Please sit, I have to ask you something."

"Okay," said Devin as he pulled out a chair with his magnetism and sat down.

"I know that you try your hardest to get by on your training and not relying on your power. While that's entirely admirable, I have to ask you to totally reconsider and use those abilities to their fullest in your new assignment."

"New assignment...what are you..."

Sean held up his hand and Devin stopped.

"I want you to take a new assignment. One that I held for years. You see, there's a reason I was on Winath. and I need someone like you to help with what's about to happen."

"Whatever you want. I'm an Officer, and will do what you ask of me."

"No, I want you to do this because you want to...not because I want you to. I want you to be a :Liason between the Science Police and the new Legion of Super Heroes."

"The new who? Who's taking that name? And if you were their liason, then those rumors are..."

"Yes," Sean started to laugh, "they're true."

Devin sat stunned, by everything. "I always thought that it was some sort of initiation thing, trying to get us to do or say something stupid."

"It's turned into that, but it was something I did for all the right and wrong reasons at the time...something I'll never regret, and something that was a relief to be free of." Sean hung his head in thought for a moment and then continued. "As for who the new Legion is, you remember that the Ranzz's had twin sons..."

They were breaking for a commercial, and Garriden was discussing the merits of what they were doing with one of the other new guys.

"I don't believe I'm doing this," Devin thought. "A codename, an outfit. No more Science Police." But that meant other advantages as well.

It's what he wanted. Sean always got what he wanted. He wanted him as Liason...and he was that for five years. Now it was time to actually join them as a member.

Bigger things were on the horizon for this group, and they needed his power...even with Validus on the team, they needed him.

"Is this what I wanted though...?" He thought to himself as he readied himself to go onstage for the United Planets to see. "Yeah, yeah it was. Plus it meant not having to lie about his relationship anymore. That was the one real benifit.

He barely heard what was going on onstage, but caught enough that he knew he was up.

He stood and started to walk onstage when he was introduced. He was to be the first one out, since he was a known quantity among the team...even though he was never official until now...

(Note: Some of this story is taken from the Legion of Super Heroes (Vol 4) #56, Apr 1994)

Dev - Em
KIA

The Legion Returns: Part 2

>click<

Welcome back sentients. We're here with our special guest Graym Ranzz, or better known to all of you as Discharge. While discussing the Legion of Super Heroes, we've discovered that he has a special surprise for us tonight. The Legion has inducted four new members, and we're going to meet them here tonight.

Graym, thank you again for deciding to give us this honor.

"No problem. Shall we begin?"

By all means.

"Okay then. Our first new member has actually been around helping us from the beginnning. Everyone out there knows Special S.P. Liason Connor. Let me introduce you to our longtime friend, now with a new name, Power Boy."

Power Boy. Very good to have you with us tonight.

"Thank you. It's very nice to be an official Legionnaire after all these years."

Nice to see. Graym, who do you have for us next?

"Well, this next one is going to be a bit of a flashback for followers of Legion Lore. The little guy was a Legionnaire once before for a relatively short time. He finally was able to return, only to find that things had changed quite a bit in his absence. We're very happy to have him with us now though. Welcome back Quislet to the Legion."

Quislet. This is a day of surprises. Glad to see another old member return to the Legion. First Blok, and now you.

"Fun fun fun."

Okay then, there goes camera two. Ummm...Who else do you have for us?

"Well, next up is Quarry, Ket Martun of Zwen."

The home planet of Stone Boy of the Legion of Substitute Heroes?

"Yes. He decided to follow in the footsteps of Zwens favorite son and came to us several years ago. He's been training with some of the best, and is going to be a great asset to the team."

Quarry. Nice to meet you.

"Thank you. It's an honor to be amongst such great friends.

Quite the powerful team you're building here. With some very experienced members among them.

"We've got some things coming up that are going to require their help. If the rumors are true, there are threats coming that definately require the biggest and most powerful Legion that has ever been."

Now, you said youhad four more surprises for us after dropping the Block bombshell. Who is your last mystery member?

"The last member is someone that came to us in a surprising way. She was found years ago on an outpost bordering the Khund frontier by our very own Laurel Gand. Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III, who has herself chosen the name Monstress."

A Khundian member? This hasn't happened sinc...

"Nobody said she was Khundian. She was found on the Khundian frontier. She's not Khundian...that we know of. Not that it would make a difference to us, Monstress is a sweatheart."

Welcome Monstress.

"Thank you cutie. It's good to be here."

Wow. it's been quite the show you've given us tonight.

"I'm not done yet."

What?

"We're on the cusp of truly turning this time into the greatest in the Legions history. There are things in the works that are going to astonish the entire United Planets."

What kind of...

"I can't say, but trust me...you'll all know it when it happens. Big things are coming. Big things. There are others we haven't talked about tonight that are joing with us to accomplish what we have planned."

This sounds very interesting.

"More than you or our audience can know. If we're right...we'll truly be Legion."

>Click<

"THE LEGION!"

"Calm yourself mistress..."

"Do not dare to tell me what Eye should do. Tell him that it's time..."

"Time?"

"Yes. Time to assemble the Five again, and strike before these young upstarts are actually successfull in doing what they are attempting."

"...but mistress, surely they cannot find the..."

"GO!!!!!"

Dev - Em
KIA

The Legion Returns: Part 3

The cruiser was quiet.

"C'Mon guys! We were a hit!" Validus bellowed as quietly as possible.

Discharge turned his head from the forward viewport. "Will you just change back already..."
"Fine!" Garriden said as he shrunk and morphed back down to his normal size. "But why is everyone so quiet?"

Mekt Ranzz and Power Boy walked onto the bridge of the ship and Mekt looked at his nephew. "Because they know what comes next," he said serenely.

Quarry looked over and seemed about to speak, but just looked back out the side window. "Never been comfortable in space...not enough to manipulate, unless there are some asteroids around...or a planet" he muttered under his breath.

Power Boy just shrugged in Quarry's direction. "Besides Gar, not all of us are publicity hogs," he said with a wry smile on his face

Garriden stuck his tongue out at him. "Well, I think that they loved you guys, and we should be having a party when we get home. Not training more."

Mekt ignored him as he walked past toward Graym. "Have we heard from the twins?"
"Yeah, they said that Greybird checked in about an hour ago, and that they tracked Burroughs to Lythyl, but lost his trail there. They want us to drop off Quis as soon as possible to see if he can sense him."

"Have you..."

"Yeah, they're alerting Gates, and he should be popping in any time now. He's also dropping off the Kid and Lash with us, and taking Quarry with him as well."

"Good. Hopefully we'll find him soon, because the longer this takes, the more unsure I am that this will work. Have you contacted Orando?"

"Yeah, they said that they will have what we asked for ready to go when we get there."

----------------------------

[Elsewhere]

The Empress looked at Thorak. "That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen."

"Yeah," he said as his head turned toward her, "but it's so powerful."

The Persuader barged into the throne room. "We're here."

"Ah...as eloquent as ever Nyeun. the others are ready?"

"Ready, and willing. They beleive what they have been told and want revenge against the Legionnaires. Nemesis was no problem at all, in fact he wants to do this without any persuading. Ironhide is so messed up in the head, all wwe have to do is point him in a direction and let him go. He should make for a good first strike against them."

"We need to be on Orando before them. Is Mano ready?"

"On his way with Mordecai."

"Good. Prepare our ship."

"Done. Justwaiting for the three of us."

"Let's be off then," the Empress said as she stood.

-------------------------

[Winath]

"Uncle Mekt is waiting Gates," the twins Dacey and Dorrit said in mental unison.

"On my way with cargo I am."

Karate Kid and Lash Lad walked over to where Zyryx was floating.

"We're ready to go," Princess Alyssa said, "It will be nice to see home again."

"Wait for me," Magno called out, "I want to see Orando too."

Princess Alyssa allowed herself to smile a little. "You're sweet Dyrk, but..."

"Uncle Mekt says it's alright with him," the twins said again in mental unison, and then giggled like the ten year old girls that they were.

Gates said something in his native language and all four of them popped off of Winath.

Gates dropped his guests off, and gathered the others to go to Lythyl.

"Off we are going," he said as he, Quislet and Quarry dissappeared with a loud popping sound.
Everyone around the cruiser stretched their jaws in mock yawns tro try to pop their ears.

"I hate that feeling," Garriden said shaking his head.

"How far are we from Orando Mr. Ranzz?" asked Karate Kid.

"Almost there Princess. Your Queen is looking forward to seeing you again."

"As I her. It has been too long."

--------------------------

The Empress led the others off the craft.

Mano walked up to her and bowed. "Empress."

"Is everything prepared?"

"Yes. They are approaching the atmosphere now, and will be passing over this spot in minutes."

"Mordecai," the Empress called, "please pick up Ironhide and prepare to launch him at our guests. Are you ready Ironhide?"

"yeeeessssss..." was the only answer Ironhide could muster.

Mordecai grabbed Ironhide and adjusted his grip as the man changed density.

The whine of the Legions engines could be heard over the tree line.

The Empress turned, moved her hands out from her body and rose into the air. The Eye staying close by her at all times.

The Legion's ship entered the atmosphere.

"Two minutes until touchdown," Graym called out to the passengers.

Garriden turned from his conversation with Magno. "Wait...something is..."

-------------------------

The hull of the ship exploded into shards as a missle came plowing through.

"We're going down," Graym yelled out over the noise of the air rushing into the ship.

"IT'S THEM!" Validus screamed. "SHE'S HERE!"

Mekt looked to Power Boy with a look of a concerned Uncle and friend.

Power Boy looked back, nodded and mouthed "The Empress" and grabbed Validus and flew through what was left of the hull.

Dev - Em
KIA

The Legion Returns: Part 4

[Orando]

Power Boy emerged from the twisted metal hull of the Legions cruiser with Validus in tow. "Get her Gar!" he yelled as he threw Validus in the direction of the Emerald Empress. He quickly glanced around and saw something that chilled him to the bone. B.I.O.N. was standing amongst the other members of the Fatal Five. He arched back to pick up speed and headed towards the grouping on the ground.

On the ship, Mekt Ranzz was seeing the same thing. There were at least six people on the ground and air, and Validus was heading for the Empress. He hoped Garriden was ready for this. Power Boy was heading for the possibly most dangerous member on the ground. He was about to speak when Discharge started shouting instructions.

"We're getting out of here now. Do not come down in a group. Scatter and give them individual targets...we cluster and we're toast.Lash, take Mano. Immobilize that hand as quick as possible. Magno, take figure out what went through us, it looked like a man. Candi, take out Mordecia. Uncle, can you..."

"I'll take him."

"Thanks. Kid, go get your ...Kid?"

----------

Karate Kid had already left the ship and was heading towards the young blond man standing still as the rest of the Five scattered.

"Come and get me pretender!" the man screamed at her. "I died here on this god forsaken mudball once, it's not going to happen again. Once I kill you, your precious Queen is next."

----------

The Empress looked in amusement as Validus flew towards her. "My little pet thinks he can betray his Mistress?"

"YOU'RE GOING DOWN EMPRESS!"

"Do tell my pet," she hissed as Validus' mental lightning reached her and the Eye.

Validus grabbed at the Empress and the Eye as he flew past.

----------

Power Boy met B.I.O.N. in mid-air and the collision sent both of them through a good portion of the forest. Trees that had grown for hundreds of years were torn from the ground in seconds. Splinters and limbs hit a villiage several miles away.

B.I.O.N. stood up and looked at Devin as he stood about 25 yards away. "I think I shall enjoy killing you today. It's about time to give this body a true workout."

"Oh gods," Power Boy muttered, "I don't believe it."

"Oh yes halfling...Tharok's back and better than ever," B.I.O.N. said as he started running at Devin.

----------

Mekt lowered himself towards the Persuader. "There are better ways to go about life..."

"Save me from your speeches old man."

"White hair, no hair...does not make one old or outdated..." Mekt said and let loose with a full barrage of lightning.

The Persuader lifted his ax and 'sliced the barrage in half.

"You'll have to bettter than that..."

"Oh, I plan on it."

----------

"They send a pup after Mano?"

"Even Puppies bite you in the ass at times you has been," Lash Lad said as he looked at his target. "Take care of the hand and this guy is nothing," he said to himself in a whisper.

They began circling each other. Lash looking for the opening he needed, and Mano looking to slap his young opponent as soon as possible.

----------

Monstress stood before Mordecai. Ready for anything, but not expecting this.

"Preeeetyyyy..."

"Oh my," she said to herself.

----------

Magno flew through the air looking for whatever had hit the cruiser. He finally noticed a large crater about three miles away.

He took the time to contact XS at the headquarters to let her know what was happening, and to send help if she could. Mid converssation though, the connection went dead from her end. "Crap, that can't be goo...ooof"

Ironhide used the magnetic attractiuon that Magno was giving off to propel himself towards him. Tackling him in mid air.

They hit the ground and Magno tried to repel the man off of him.

"Doesnnn't work againsssst flesh and bloooood doess it killer?" Ironhide said in a weird twisted voice. "You killed my brother, now I'll kill you."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Yooooouuuu killled Andrewwwwwwwww..."

"Aw crap. You gotta be kidding me..."

----------

[Winath]

Pol Krinn ran into the hologame room. "Aunt Ivy! Help!"

Ivy turned around. "What's wrong kiddo?"

She barely got the words out of her mouth when she knew. They were under attack.

"They're getting through the outer wall," came the twin voices of Dacey and Dorritt in her head.

"Zoe! We need to get the kids out of here."

Kinetix emerged from the shadows where she had just not been. "Agreed. Handle the attackers and I will remove them to Bloks' protection."

"We're all under attack..." the girls said in all their heads.

"Just get them out of here..." Ivy yelled as she ran towards the exit.

The plantation had been set up as a safe house/.mini headquarters for the safety of the kids. As Ivy ran through the halls, she thanked everyone she knew for the indulgence of plants they had allowed her to use around the place. It kept the kids from getting into the kind of trouble she had gotten into as a child on Quarantine, and gave her eyes all over the plantation.

Caress and Flare were destroying everything they could get near.

Ivy ran past the hallway they were currently in screaming for the kids to prepare for her arrival and that everything would be alright.

It worked better than she could have hoped. The two followed her immediately, and headed away from the actual location of the others.

"Good luck, bad luck," Ivy panted as she ran around a corner just missing being hit by a wall of flame, "they should be gone by now...leaving me alone. Oh joy. Hurry back Zoe..."

----------
[Legion Headquarters]

XS was talking to Magno when the communications array exploded. Not a problem for her, she avoided the debris by vibrating her body so that it all just passed through her harmlessly. The next thing she saw was another bolt of lightning chasing her. keeping up no matter how fast she moved, she couldn't outrace it, but it couldn't seem to catch her as well. "oh god...oh god...oh god...oh god...oh god...oh god..."

Animal Man heard an explosion and XS jabbering at high speedas she raced past the door. He then heard Blok announcing that his old team was attacking.

He started to move towards the door when the outside wall exploded. Titania stiid there clenching her fists and smiling from ear to ear. "A living legend, who nobody will ever know was still alive..."

"Assassins," Animal Man muttered. But that means that this mist is..."

Dev - Em
KIA

Interlude 2

[New Earth]

Geff Hortner was a maintenance worker that didn't mind his job. He and his partner Tara had spent the better part of the last decade manuevering through the underbelly of New Earth. Sure, the powers that be knew generally where the cities had removed themselves from the planet during the great catastrophy, but their job was to verify and document every last inch of the bottom of the floating cities.

Geff was a happy content man. Wife of seventeen years, three kids. He liked to say he had one of each. A girl, a boy and a little monster. The oldest two had been born on Earth proper. That had turned into a big thing as time went on. It was becomming a status thing among the kids to be able to say they had been born on Earth itself. What kids will find to fight about.

By taking this duty, he was about four years away from retirement. Danger pay theory for all the teams scurrying about under everyone elses feet. He'd be taken care of, and so would his family. That was what he cared about...not the dangers that dwelled down here. One team had been sucked into space when they moved one wrong hand sized rock. Another team had been crushed when a tunnel collapsed. There were accidents all the time, and he had had his fair share, but he and Tara had been lucky so far. Only a frew broken limbs, and one regenerated toe.

They were making good progress today. They had done about three weeks worth of scouting in the last seven work days, so they were due for a long weekend when this shift ended, courtesy of Earthgov.

Tara was slightly ahead of him when he heard her call out.

"Geff, we got something weird up here!"

That was one thing you never wanted to hear, or ever say to your paartner.

"What is it Tara? Trouble?"

"Not sure. Looks like it's actually left over from the Dominators. Did anyone do a prelim pass on this section?"

Geff pulled out his Omnicom and started hitting buttons. The glow illuminated his face with a pale green light, making his expression seem even worse than it was.

"What is it Geff?" Tara asked as she walked towards him.

"One team did a prelim pass down here a few months ago, but they reported nothing unusual. Let me check for any city shift activity around here."

City shift activity was their new term for Earthquakes. As the cities settled over the years, things shifted, exposing new and interesting things for the teams to find. Preliminary passes were done before full fact finding missions were sent out to insure it was safe.

"Small shift about a month ago. Nothing major reported above, so nobody came down to double check. It was right about the time we lost the team in section 4967."

"So anything we come across is fully undocumented."

"Yep. Better call in the Espies."

----------

Cheif Erin was relaxing in his office when his heads up display came to life.

"What is it?"

"Team Gamma found something in section 3247 sir."

"Understood. Carry on."

"Ummm, sir..."

"Yes Lt. Spenglr?"

"I think you may want to come and see this. It's old Dominator equipment...near where the young Legionnaires said they awoke."

Sean's eyes opened wide as he finally looked up from what he was doing.

"What kind of equipment?"

"You just better get down here quick sir."

"On my way."

Sean stood and headed toward the door.

----------

Sean walked through thte tunnels toward where two of his officers stood.

"Status?"

"We found four cannisters sir. One of them was destroyed some time ago, but the other three are still intact. Apparently there was a city shift not long ago that must have jarred them loose to be found by the teams."

"Is it..."

"We think so sir, but without Presidential authorization, we can't proceed."

Sean reached into his bag and pulled out his Omnicom and handed it to the Science Team member standing to the left of Lt. Spenglr.

"There's your authorization. Let's get this over with."

"Yes Sir."

"Lieutenant, seal this entire area off and take the team members that found this in for debriefing. Then release and retire them with full benifits to the planet of their choice. Standard confidentiality clauses included."

Lt. Spenglr saluted and and walked off barking orders as he went.

Sean rubbed his temples.

"Here we go again..."

Dev - Em
KIA

The Return of the Legion: Part 5

[Lythyl]

Greybird and Greatfire flew around the surface of Lythyl, keeping their rendevous point in sight at all times.

"When will the others get here brother?"

"Soon," Greatfire said with the impatience coming through in his voice. I hope once this pointless chase is over, tehy will assist us in finding the Bounty Entity."

"I should hope so. they have been saying for over a year now that they would help us."

"Well, they have been known too..."

He never finished his sentence because at that point, Gates popped into view with his 2 guests.

"It is about time that they arrived, Greybird said as he began flying toward his just arrived teammates.

Quislet quickly approached the brothers in the air.

"I'll find him...quick, quick, quick," Quislet said as he flew past them in a hurry.

"He thinks he can do what we could not?" Greatfire mumbled so that only his brother could hear.

"Pompous, arrogant..."

Greatfire cut his brother off as Gates and Quarry were now approaching.

Quarry said nothing, but looked at both of them with a questioning look.

"He says he can find Burroughs where we trackers failed."

"Oh...that explains the grumbling then..."

"Following him let us be," Gates said as he passed by.

----------

[winath]

Ivy ran around corners and shut doors as fast as she could. The two members of the Fatal Five were constantly right behind her. Of the two though, Caress wasn't the

immediate problem for her...Flare was.

"C'mon Zoe, where are you?" she said as she shut yet another door and locked it. There was of course no answer, but she had finally reached the inevitable dead end.

"Okay, this is it then," she said as she picked up an extinguisher and moved to the best strategic position she could find. "Maybe I can at least take one of them out

with me."

The door was glowing red hot and beginning to melt when she heard one of the women scream. Then the other woman, Flare she thought, shouted something about there

being no way that she could be here. The sound of a brief scuffle in the hallway was over before she knew it.

"Zoe?" she called out, hoping er best friend was out in the hallway.

"Aunt Ivy? Are you okay?" A young girls voice called out from the outside the door.

"Yes sweetie, I'm alright. A little singed in places, but nothing that can't be healed.

"Stand away from the door."

Ivy backed up, and smiled a smile of relief.

"You got it kiddo."

The door bent up and open and a short sandy blonde haired girl came in.

"I'm glad to see you Lauren. Is your..."

Ivy's sentence was cut short by the young girls flyng hug.

"She's on her way to save the others."

"I'm sure they'll be glad to see her. I take it you guys got our message?"

"Yeppers...and momma said we'd help."

Ivy sighed and sat down. "You wanna help me put these two in the cells?"

"YAY!"

----------

[Tallus]

Zoe emerged with the kids on Talus.

"Blok, protect the kids. I'll handle the Assassins," she said as she walked into another shadow on the wall.

Animal Man had struggled to change Mist Master into anything else...but had only managed to make the Assassin reform into his normal self screaming in pain.

Titania charged at him and he barely avoided her punches. Back peddling across the room, he managed to change her into a mouse. A very mad and strong mouse.

Zoe Emerged from the shadows in the room and Animal Man let a look of relief come over his face. "Be careful, she's a mouse, but still as strong as anything."

"Change her back and I'll handle her."

Animal changed Titania back, but before Zoe could make a movement Titania fell over unconscience. Mist Master just regained himself to look around and surrender.

Zoe and Animal Man looked at each other in amazement as to who was standing in the doorway.

Animal Man finally smiled and said, "I thought you were dead?"

"I'd heard the same thing about you," Laurel Gand said with a smile coming over her face.

She glided over to him and gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Glad to see the rumors were false."

"So am I," he said returning the hug and cheek kiss, "but how..."

"We can talk about that later, Lazon is still chasing XS."

XS burst into the room carrying a small box. "IfoundthisinBrainy'soldlabandthoughtitmightworkanditdid!"

Zoe burst out laughing. "Slow down Jenni. You mean Lazon's in that box?"

"Sorry. Yes. I did a quick passthrough of Brainy's lab and saw this mirrored box, so I thought it might work. I caught him in it and he's pretty much bouncing

around it constantly."

Zoe smiled at her friend and motioned her eyes towards where Laurel was.

"Laurel!" XS screamed as she darted over and gave her a hug.

"Hi Jenni. I got Mekt's message and decided it was time to come out of retirement. Besides, if what you guys have in mind has a chance of working, I'm in."

----------

[Lythyl]

The five Legionnaires flew along the barran landscape of Lythyl, one sand and rock covered view after another.

"Going Quarry and I must be," Gates said suddenly and the two of them dissappeared.

"Legion is fun," Quislet said as he playfully buzzed aroud the brothers.

"As much as I hate to admit this brother, I am starting to sense our target again."

Greatfire looked from his brother to Quislet. "How did you do that? How did you find him when we couldn't?"

"Helped his brother have fun with body, traced radiation."

"We have him now...let's go," Greybird said and banked toward a city far in the distance.

----------

[Orando]

Gates appeared on Orando with Quarry in tow in the middle of a massive fight.

Mekt smlied to himself when he noticed the new arrivals. This was the tide turner. He glanced around and saw that his nephew was already shouting to Quarry to take

action. And if what he was being told by the twins on Tallus was true...everything was changing in their favor.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.