Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Barry: Costume Designs? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Barry: Costume Designs?
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys are way too kind! [Smile]
I can't claim any special kudos for being up this early - it's when I start my working day - I'm so slow I have to work a thirteen hour day everyday (with the odd break to walk the dog etc) - which suits me great, I can't think of a better life style! [Smile]

The animations are fantastic Nightcrawler - all the new symbols already! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Shrinking Violet - Re-Imagined] [Sun Boy - Re-Imagined] [Element Lad - Re-Imagined] [Light Lass - Re-Imagined] [Dream Girl - Re-Imagined] [Karate Kid - Re-Imagined] [Princess Projectra - Re-Imagined] [Shadow Lass - Re-Imagined]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are awesome Gary!

[Star Boy] WM [Star Boy - Re-Imagined]

[ October 13, 2004, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Star Boy ]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Barry !!!

what was the time span between drawing the final page of the preview, and drawing #1 of the new "LEGION OF SUPER HEROES" ???

are there any changes that we'll see appear in issue #1 ???

or were all your designs, pretty much "set" !!!???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
oh .... i have another question, are you now able to tell us what characters, appeared in the "teaser" pictures !!!???

were they actual characters, or simply made to resemble our LEGIONNAIRES ......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

3rd and final question for now ....

are you having fun re-designing any CLASSIC villians !!!???

can you give us any hints ......

Matthew.

Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi tbwUP
The first one is easy - about 24 hours I think!

Most of them are the characters you've seen already, but there are some that don't show up straight away...so I'll keep them a secret for now. Some of the others were in costumes that were 'mid-design' so they didn't look exactly as they appeared in the preview.

So far we've been creating all new villains for the LSH to face... though if I do redesign any classic villains I definietly will have fun doing it!
[Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrucePristine
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrucePristine   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
*Pants. My message didn't post. 2nd time's the charm.

Hi Barry.

Loved the art in the preview. Very excited to have you onboard. Add my voice to the chorus of approval.

Looking forward to seeing the costumes properly come #1. Some of them will take getting used to, but it's refreshing to have a new look. Interested to see what changes got made. Many things I'd like to ask would probably get a "wait til issue #1" answer, so I'll hold off.

It's really useful to hear the thoughts behind what's happening and your creative decisions. More please!

On negative nit-picky side (because how much praise can one man take?!):

E-Lad's colours seem wrong to me, a little too much like Sun Boy (whose hairdo I'm not too keen on. Bit of a basin cut there).

Love the Lightning on Garth, but i wonder if it might have more impact confined just to the classic chest 'bolts'.

Intrigued to see if Shady and Cham remain 'aliens' (and why the revamp necessitates the absence of antenna. No longer a Durlan?)

Keep up the good work. (Are you in London? _Miserable_ weather today)

From: Hoxton, London | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks Bruce!
I'll look forward to those questions after #1 comes out! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Hi tbwUP
The first one is easy - about 24 hours I think!

Most of them are the characters you've seen already, but there are some that don't show up straight away...so I'll keep them a secret for now. Some of the others were in costumes that were 'mid-design' so they didn't look exactly as they appeared in the preview.

So far we've been creating all new villains for the LSH to face... though if I do redesign any classic villains I definietly will have fun doing it!
[Smile]

thanks for the imput, Barry !!!

looking forward to seeing those NEW villians !!! guess that answers the thread i have running in the LSH forum ....

Matthew.

Brown Legion
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brown Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Brown Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks for taking the time to post Barry

loved the 7-page preview, got me really hyped for issue #1

here's to hoping drawing 40 pages a month doesn't break your wrist [Wink]

Pat!

--------------------
L.L.L. (Long Live the Legion!)

"Eat it, Grandpa!"

From: 31st Century Jackson | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mandy o'toole
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mandy o'toole           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Barry, Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but is shadow lass actualy colored blue? I also love the new designs! I haven't been excited about the legion in a LONG time, so thank you so much!!!
From: Dayton, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks Brown Legion and Mandy - I really appreciate the enthusiasm and support!

Shady will be considerably bluer in the ongoing series...she just came out a little gray in the preview pic unintentionally! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Basilios
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basilios   Email Basilios         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Barry, I was just wondering is Karate Kid a colouring mistake as well, because on the cover of issue one his lighter??? What nationality is he, is he still gonna be Japanese/or half Japanese???

The preview was great by the way, looking foward to issue one.

Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANIMEAvenger
Rookie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANIMEAvenger   Author's Homepage   Email ANIMEAvenger         Edit/Delete Post     
G'day Barry,

Lurved that preview and sure can't wait for ish #1 soon!

I was just curious as to 1 thing though, Thola. Will she be shown in full LOSH time eras Supergirl costume in ish #1? (i really hope she turns out to be both the decendant of my eva beloved recently re-introduced Kara Zor-El AND a fulltime member of the new LOSH to, when said and done)

Thanks and keep up the phenominal work, aye! [Princess Projectra - Re-Imagined] [Princess Projectra - Re-Imagined] [Princess Projectra - Re-Imagined]

AA

--------------------
Look! Up in the sky!

From: New Krypton! | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.