Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Barry: Costume Designs? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Barry: Costume Designs?
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Basilos and AA - as always my sterotypical answer is 'wait and see' on anything specific.
[Smile]

Glad you liked the preview though! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi! I wanted to say the Light Lass and Cosmic Boy uniforms are the best! Great work, Mr Kitson!
From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks FK!

[Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANIMEAvenger
Rookie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANIMEAvenger   Author's Homepage   Email ANIMEAvenger         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey thanks kindly for answering, Barry! [Smile]

AA

--------------------
Look! Up in the sky!

From: New Krypton! | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi AA - sorry I wasn't any more help, but we really want to keep as much as possible as unexpected as possible for the new run - so I'm not ruling ANYTHING in or out!
Thanks for understanding! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Basilios
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basilios   Email Basilios         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks,Barry. I understand the secrecy, just glad I got a reply. I love the cover to issue2, Thom and Tasmia are two of my favorite characters and they look great by the way! Can't wait to see them in action!
Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks Basilios! If ever I miss a question or take a while to reply to something - do feel free to nudge me with an email! [Smile]

Really glad you like the cover - again the solors you've seen so far are only 'guide' ones for solicitation purposes - so it'll look much nicer in the final version!

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
Issue 2's Cover is PHENOMENAL, Barry. WAY ahead of about 99% of the other crap on the monthly rack. Legion #2's cover is good, big stuff -- interesting, weighty, gives enough story glimpses to be relevant to what's inside

are you sure that's legal in today's market? no one else seems to be doing it [Wink]

of course, i'm picking this up as it comes out monthly, but that cover has me EAGER for the trade collections where i think Legion will really stand out

now i just wish comic shops & bookstores had sections for higher-end not-just-your-average-superhero fare

closest would probably be a vertigo section, or wildstorm/image if the store has that (were there discussions about putting Legion under another DC imprint?), or the (generally hard-to-find-if-it's-there) small press section
humph

i really want Legion to succeed, but you're fighting a mountain of X/Spider/Ultimate SCHLOCK being slung at the monthly shelf space

like i said, i think Legion will really stand out in trade form -- especially if you guys continue to keep that same quality you put in the 7-page preview that had us all a-titter
[Styx]
lol

(sorry if that's a bit risque for ya -- no harm meant)

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry, I love that cover to issue 2. It has such a strong design to it and StarBoy and Shadow Lass look amazing (even better that shes going to get bluer skin in the finished article)

As the colours on this look pretty washed out, any chance of posting the black and white inked version so we can see all the glourious detail?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi FL - my own attempts to post images haven't been going too well so far - so I'll post black and whites of #1 and #2 to Nightcrawler, who has kindly offered to host them for me! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightcrawler's really great for that. He and Greybird do a lot of helping people learn how to upload pics and sharing their experience. feel free to ask and I'm sure we'll be as helpful as we can.

I'm dying to see the b/w pages now.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi YK
I've got the email and scans in my drafts folder - just need to check with DC that it's okay to send them - with a bit of luck they should be here by the end of the day! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin Bounce]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin Bounce] [Big Grin Bounce]

I cant wait look I am hopping around with excitment

[Bouncing Boy]

ps, are you still going to be in London at the con at the weekend Barry?.

(darden)

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANIMEAvenger
Rookie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANIMEAvenger   Author's Homepage   Email ANIMEAvenger         Edit/Delete Post     
WHOA! Me neither!

Seriously stylin all up stuff on that #2 cover there, Barry! [Superboy]

AA

--------------------
Look! Up in the sky!

From: New Krypton! | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.