Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Barry: Costume Designs? (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Barry: Costume Designs?
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well maybe that layover on the way to Dallas isn't too short afterall......
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luca
Sensor Kid of the European Legion Outpost

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luca           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-El:
 -

Element Lad? I like him with the chin hair and apparent blue underoos. The red and yellow is too much like Sun Boy. Sure the blue/yellow is too much like Dr. Fate...but the Doctor isn't on the team. [Wink] Plus blue/yellow are complimentary.

Jorge

hi i'm Luca of the micros group! you too???
this micros are great!!!!!!!!!!!

[ October 27, 2004, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Luca ]

--------------------
Ciao by Sensor Kid...from the European Legion Outpost

From: European Legion Outpost | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Barry, the new stuff in B and W looks great. Here's hoping the right colors only add to it.

I know some folk have said that this is it for them and the Legion. Can't say in all honesty i was that high on the new concept, but i will trust ya', lol. But the art work looks fantastic.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Rickshaw - advance orders suggest there are a LOT more people joining us than leaving! So I'm hoping even the doubters will be won over!

Hope you enjoy the new series [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
If possible, i wanted to ask about Easter eggs.

I know that a lot of us will be disecting each panel until the excitement wears off. But i cant help thinking about it after reading about Mr. Lampert's passing. Since Flash had a certain connection with the Legion, albiet tenously, will we be seeing any lil easter eggs to past versions and creators? Thanks.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EuroMutt
flight, super strength & super territory marking

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EuroMutt   Email EuroMutt         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of easter eggs, are we going to see more 21st century aliens in the 31st than in pervious versions? I'm not saying they have to be Legionnaires or important characeters or anything (I'm not saying they can't be either), but I would hope we could see a lot of the alien species that have been introduced to the current day DCU to give it a bit of continuity without being overt about it.

--------------------
-j.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

I guarantee plenty of easter eggs [Smile] but I should caution that they won't always be easy to spot - that's where the fun for me comes in [Big Grin]
So far no one has been able to spot all the little visual 'eggs' I've included - even Steve Wacker has needed a couple of clues to decipher some of them! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
....and the gauntlet has been flung. [Smile]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EuroMutt

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EuroMutt   Email EuroMutt         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry, out of curiosity, is the macrobot that Colossal Boy is fighting based off the Iron Giant? the proportions look about the same, and I just get that vibe from it...
I loved that movie, and was disapointed that it didn't get more attention. It was a great animation flick that didn't break out into song every five minutes.

--------------------
-j.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Euromutt - any similarities were definitely not intentional -
I thought it was a great movie too though - and I'm very glad the creator is now getting the credit he deserves with The Incredibles - which I also thought was fantastic [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

EuroMutt

yeah, the Incredibles was awsome. When the characters were using their powers, I thought, every superhero flick should look this good. I think one of the reasons the CGI movies are so great is that they have to be so well thought out. They can't afford to spend the money or time on something they aren't sure will work, so everything is really well planned. Too bad the rest of Hollywood doesn't opperate that way (National Treasure, anyone?)
Funny, when I first saw Violet on screen, All I could think was of Shrinking Violet. Maybe someday we'll see the Legion up there.

--------------------
-j.

Barry Kitson
Advisor

I agree on all those points...buy wouldn't it be great to see a Legion movie as good as the incredibles! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

EuroMutt

If a Legion movie like that came out, I think I would live at the theater.

Now to get away form that tangent, when do we get to see more character sketches?

--------------------
-j.

Barry Kitson
Advisor

I posted the latest (Karate Kid) today - which I think may be the last for now - as other sheets are still under wraps...but I will try to find more roughs etc that I can share.

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.