Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Barry: Costume Designs? (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Barry: Costume Designs?
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Barry and Darden !!

thanks for the info on the LONDON comic con .... i'm really thinking about going to this ??

i could probably get the day off work and get there for around 1pm !!

so what time will you be there till, Barry ??

and will you be at a particular stand [ do "DC" have their own ?? ]

and it would be cool to meet up with you, Darden !!

i'll have to see if i can get the Saturday, off .......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Matthew - I'm going to be there from about noon - I'm signing at the Titan desk from 3-4.
Hope you can make it!

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It's taken me awhile to weigh in on this, but here are my reactions to the costumes (or asmuch as we can see) from the back of Titans/Legion:

Starboy: awesome. simple and powerful as well as a clear connection to the past.
Cham: Though I can understand the reasoning behind the symbols, they actually seem a little too simple for me. Will they change like E-Lad's glyphs? That'd be cool. I like the coal black eyes and the forehead markings, but like everyone else, it'll take awhile to not feel like he's missing antennae.
Cosmic Boy: Great update. I like the streamlining.
Shadow Lass: Like the costume, not so hot about the hair. Glad to hear she's actually going to be blue.
Lightning Lad: Cockrum should be happy. I wonder if the glowing legs are a bit too much.
Triplicate Girl: Doesn't seem all that different from her old costume (pre Coipel). I'm neutral on it.
Brainiac5: seems good to me. I don't mind the crew cut or the colors. He seems like he'd have a darker or less flamboyant color scheme. The wires are better than the pads on his face, but I wonder where those wires lead to?
Light Lass: Awesome. My favorite along with Starboy.
Sun Boy: Another nice updating of an old look.
Dream Girl: Looks ok - the clouds or whatever on her legs might be really nice depending on how it turns out.
Element Lad: Great look. I totally get the "mystic" aesthetic in relation to the nature of his abilities. Love the shifting glyphs. I'm not sure if I totally dig the colors, but it seems like what we're seeing here might not be exactly what we'll see when the series launches. For some reason I think Jan should have more muted colors. Soul patch? Um....I dunno about that one.
Colossal Boy: Looks kinda bland from what I can see here.
Phantom Girl: It's a nice design (I like the gloves, not so much the earrings), but I was never a big fan of the bell-bottom look and I loved her previous look so it'll take me awhile to get used to the change.
Vi: can't see too much, but I like the return to green and black.
Projectra (Sensor Girl?): I like the costume a lot. Only reservation is the "headboard" part of her carapice. Looks cumbersome.
Saturn Girl: I think she looks too close to her previous incarnation (especially the center stripe look). Could've done with more updating.
Karate Kid: Not crazy about the pajama look, apprehensive about the apparent race change.

Thanks for participating in the thread Barry. I'll chime in my appreciation for the tidbits and feedback! [Smile]

Oh yeah ... where's WILDFIRE?!?! [Smile]

[ October 21, 2004, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Hi Matthew - I'm going to be there from about noon - I'm signing at the Titan desk from 3-4.
Hope you can make it!

thanks for the info !!!

i'm working on getting there ........

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i think i can go to London tomorrow [Big Grin] [Big Grin] !!

so i guess i'll see you there, Barry !! i can't wait ....

and hey Darden !! we'll have to meet up ??

[ my train gets to London around 1pm, and i have to leave around 4.30pm ]

hope fully that will be enough time ....

Matthew.

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yippie I get to make the Princess Jealous [Wink]

Matthew, I get in a bit sooner than that am and staying over on the Saturday night so I can be pretty flexible. There is a panel at 1.00 that Dan Didio is on that I fancy seeing so we could meet up at that or just after.

Then we can gang up on Barry and I'll hold him down and you can "persuade" him to tell us lots of teasers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
See you guys there too, am trying to persuade B and Alan to stop doing DIY and come too.... and it must be B's round [LOL] (like that'd ever happen!)
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like the new Legion look. Just enough connection to the Legion I read 15 years ago with the promise of being something better than we've ever seen.

My 2 cents-worth:

Unplug Lightning Lad's legs from time to time. It hurts to look at them.

Ditch Saturn Girl's cape and cuffed gloves.

Ditto Element Lad's. If he is still/was ever gay, he'd never cover up a cute butt with a table cloth from the Martha Stewart K-Mart collection. (Please let him be gay. It seems I was attracted to him long before I knew that either he or I was gay.)

Long Live the Legion's new creative team!

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:

Matthew, I get in a bit sooner than that am and staying over on the Saturday night so I can be pretty flexible. There is a panel at 1.00 that Dan Didio is on that I fancy seeing so we could meet up at that or just after.

Then we can gang up on Barry and I'll hold him down and you can "persuade" him to tell us lots of teasers. [Big Grin]

yeah i can go [Big Grin] [Big Grin] !!

see you tomorrow .... and hopefully we'll get some [Cool] info off Barry !!

btw you met him a while back, didn't you ??

Matthew.

Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie:
See you guys there too, am trying to persuade B and Alan to stop doing DIY and come too.... and it must be B's round [LOL] (like that'd ever happen!)

DIY is very tiring and thirsty work you know. [Wink]

And if I get B to buy me a drink then she can show me exactly what to do with that trumpet. [LOL]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:

yeah i can go [Big Grin] [Big Grin] !!

see you tomorrow .... and hopefully we'll get some [Cool] info off Barry !!

btw you met him a while back, didn't you ??

Matthew.

Matt

Yup we met up at Bristol. Not sure if he'll remember me though, it was pretty busy for him.

If Sonnie, Numf and B can turn up then we have a mini LW gathering.

--------------------
Faithfull

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Pictures pictures PICTURES!!!

I don't even know what Kitson looks like.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Pictures pictures PICTURES!!!

I don't even know what Kitson looks like.

sorry !! but Darden and i didn't get any pictures !! [ although, i had to leave early, and Darden was going to the station with Barry, so he may yet have one !! ]

but !!! we did get some cool info !!!

so my other thread on the LSH page .....

Matthew.

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
That's ok Matt. That sketch more than makes up for it!!
...and all the great gossip has me giddy.

[Dawnstar]

Now I can't wait to "debrief" Faraway too.

All in all a very successful mission for a pair of experienced LMBP operatives such as you two. Well done.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice job on your mission Matt...
We will see what we can get out of him in Dallas.

Maybe a few beers will loosen him up. Right Barry? lol

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.