Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Barry: Costume Designs? (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Barry: Costume Designs?
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
[Big Grin Bounce] [Big Grin Bounce]

I cant wait look I am hopping around with excitment

[Bouncing Boy]

ps, are you still going to be in London at the con at the weekend Barry?.

(darden)

hey Darden !!

what con is on at the weekend [ in London ??? ] i'm gonna be in London on Sunday .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Barry !!!

just wanted to add my [Love] of the cover image to #2 !!!

STARBOY looks amazing !!! and Tasmia looks great too !!!

looking forward to seeing those B/W versions ....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

hey Barry !!!

here's another question for you .... what's your working process like ???

like at the moment which issue # are you working on ???

and do you just work on a single issue at a time [ and complete that fully ] or do you have rough ideas planned out for a few issues in advance ??? also ....

Matthew.

Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Guys
I will be in London on the Saturday of the convention - armed with LSH sketches etc. [Smile]

My working process is somewhat convoluted - for a full(ish) explanation there's a section at the back of the Empire tpb that goes into some detail. Basically we have discussed where we're going for the first approximately 15 issues so far - though things will certainly develop a life of their own as we go along, we do know the broad outlines.
As to the actual drawing it's one issue at a time - I like to draw from the start to the end in sequence - it helps me feel fully involved in the story. I've never been one to draw one type of scene before another, though it does work for some people very well.

As for those black and white versions...if I understood Nightcrawler's instructions properly...this should lead you to them...fingers crossed... [Smile]

-

-

I think it worked! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fundamental King
Starcrossed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fundamental King           Edit/Delete Post     
I was a teensy bit trepidatious with the new version of Star Boy (thank God he's not a snake!) but your design of him is FANTASTIC!

Your Imra is beautiful!!!

I'm slowly warming to Shady (I just wish her skin were a darker hue of blue).

Brainy, Jeckie, and Cham also standout for me. Great designs!

I have one question for you, Barry. I assume the decision to omit Nura's star-mole was yours. If so, what were your misgivings about it. I'm not rabid over the omission just curious.

Thanks!

[ October 21, 2004, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Space Boy ]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Space Boy - As always I'm not going to give anything away...but have you considered Nura may still have the mole...just in a different location? [Smile]

Glad you've come to like the designs - and SL will be blue - I promise! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] What's funny is how everyone was upset by Cosmic Boy and Dr. Gym'll's purples were changed to blue, and now everyone wants more BLUE!

Anyway, thanks for sharing these with us Barry! The fine detail in these covers is amazing! Great work! (Does anybody else see a bunny on Cham's forehead for issue #1? [Smile] )

Also, I really hope that any LWers that go to London this Saturday will share everything they see and hear there! SPOIL ME! [Big Grin]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

hey Barry !!

thanks for the reply ... it's always nice to know how you guy's plan out the book [ we all [Love] ] so are you still on issue #2 ??? or further along ???

and do you plan on doing all your covers ???

and also, if and when a "fill-in" is required, do you and Mark have a say on who it would be, or is that DC's choice ???

btw where's the con in London [ on at ] i haven't noticed any press for it .....

Matthew.

ANIMEAvenger
Rookie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANIMEAvenger   Author's Homepage   Email ANIMEAvenger         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Barry!

I was just wondering bout something in paticular reguarding origin of LOSH this time around, anychance we may intime know if R.J. Brande existed or even if h'ell still be playing a part in the LOSH overall legacy? (hope so! i hope he also turns out to be really a wise beyond his years J'Onn J'Onzz, Martian Manhunter when said and done too! *fingers crossed*)

AA

--------------------
Look! Up in the sky!

From: New Krypton! | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Matthew - it's the London Comic Festival at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury...it took me about an hour to find it last year so I reccommend taking an A-Z! I'm sure it must have a website somewhere. My appearance is a pretty low-key affair - mainly to meet up with Dan Didio, and to meet certain LSH fans!

I'm working on issue #2 at present. Hopefully there won't be any fill-ins - we'll probably be joined by a superstar inker to help avoid those [Smile]

I'll be doing all the covers myself though - #3 is done and #4 soon to be.

Hi AA - sorry I'm not spilling any beans [Smile] As I've said before ANYTHING is possible in the new book! [Wink]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

ANIMEAvenger
Rookie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANIMEAvenger   Author's Homepage   Email ANIMEAvenger         Edit/Delete Post     
D'oh! oh well. Heheheh, still sure lookin forward to this reguardless, ah! [Big Grin]

AA

--------------------
Look! Up in the sky!

From: New Krypton! | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Matt,

Sorry it took me a while to get back to LW and see your posts. But it looks like Barry has answered for me. [Hug]

As far as I know the con is only on the one day, the Saturday. I’ll be going down early on the Saturday, however, I am not going back to Newcastle until the Sunday afternoon, so if you want to meet up for lunch, a beer or a coffee let me know. PM me or drop me an e mail. There are a couple of panels I want to see in the con itself. I tried to find the website but it seems to be down at the moment.

I am really looking forward to button holing Barry and getting lots and lots of teasers from him to drive Gary mad with.

Darden

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the scans Barry. They look great!

Didn't notice until now but it looks like Jan has grown a little facial hair...

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penetrable Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Barry Will Love This!

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Bgztl | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Matt,

The address of the the hotel is Coram St Bloomsbury. Its next to Russel Square Tube.

the website is here

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.