Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The New Writer Is (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The New Writer Is
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Tony Bedard will do a few issues after Mark Waid

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Bringing Pelletier with him????
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"A few issues", huh?

I wonder what that means for the long term.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Waid's comments:

quote:

Reached for comment Friday evening, Waid told Newsarama:

"Since it's been announced, I may as well confirm. Because Barry [Kitson's] moving to Marvel and we've been the Legion team since the relaunch, I can't see doing the book without him.

"The timing of it all means we had to move our plans up a few months, so issue #30 will be our last, and I'm moving on.

"That booming noise you hear is the sound of message board posters around the world whooping in delight. Judging by the internet, I will not be missed."

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steampunk Lad
--

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steampunk Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Steampunk Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Bringing Pelletier with him????

Ugh, please. I hope not. Pelletier should stay at Marvel. Put someone like Chris Batista on the book.
From: Bremerton, WA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
"That booming noise you hear is the sound of message board posters around the world whooping in delight."

What's the point in "whooping"? Damage is done now...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
I was the one who asked the Question at DC Nation. I makes me very sad Waid feels this way as this series is what brought me in. I have since gone crazy filling in my collection, but the legion was never accessable before. Even now that I have gone back and bought 100s of legion back issues there really was a horrible run from the late 80s till this run. I really really enjoyed his world and hope they don't abandon it because of a few old timers longing for the past. Even my husband admitted that most of what he dislikes about the current legion is waiting for his favorites to get more screen time. Poor Mr. Waid. I apreciate what you've done. It worked for me.

****BTW I will be the girl in the Interlac St Patrick's day Day shirt tomorrow.****

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and it isn't long term Didio said it was only a few issues and it sounded like Waid's leaving was a bit of a srprise and they were trying to find a way to fill the gap until they can work out a more longterm plan.

I was a pretty regular Negation reader so I have my fingers crossed Bedard will do something interesting.

[ March 17, 2007, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: wndola1 ]

--------------------

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
"That booming noise you hear is the sound of message board posters around the world whooping in delight. Judging by the internet, I will not be missed."
Notoriously hard to please Legion fans and their writers. You know Mark loves the Legion because he was willing to subject himself to this a second time.

Seriously given how divided the LSH fan base has been since about 1990, only a nut or someone with skin as thick as a nut would take this job. [tease] I think someone asked Giffen to come back at a panel last year and he just let out a pathetic whine of "no".

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm sorry he's leaving, too. I looked forward to the many different subplots/backstories being completed. He raised a lot of ideas about how people are supposed to behave as heroes and what makes a villain, in addition to what our future (perhaps our very near future) might be like. He was building a very detailed 31st century.

I don't know Bedard's work; I just hope we aren't on a carousel of rotating writers and artists now.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

See if you can get your hands on a cheap negation trade. It was a vedry good series.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by wndola1:
Oh and it isn't long term Didio said it was only a few issues and it sounded like Waid's leaving was a bit of a srprise and they were trying to find a way to fill the gap until they can work out a more longterm plan.

There was word that Waid was originally scheduled to stay on until #36, but I have no idea if that was accurate or just the rumor mill.

I do hope they find a regular creative team soon. I don't think rotating creators will bode well for the book's sales unless some really big names are involved.

[ March 17, 2007, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Outdoor Miner ]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Vinson
Libertarian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Vinson   Email Nick Vinson         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Waid's run on the book. I'm sorry to see him go, but I think Bedard is the right guy for the job. Either that or McKeever.

-N

--------------------
-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Outdoor Miner said
quote:
I do hope they find a regular creative team soon. I don't think rotating creators will bode well for the book's sales unless some really big names are involved.
You said it, Miner. What worries me is this emerging pattern with the Legion in the past few years. When the major creative team goes, there's a string of other writers/artists, sales plummet, the magazine gets cancelled, no Legion for a little while.
Then a new version of the Legion in a new magazine starting with #1, sixth months until the new premise is established and all origins retold (again, and again, and again).
And when the book gets finally good, off goes the creative team, and we are at square one again.

I can't honestly say that I'm sorry to see Mr Waid go, even though I by no means believe this version of the Legion was all bad (there's another version that holds the "all bad" title as far as I'm concerned, but that's another story.) [Razz]

Mr Bedard proven in Negation that he can handle a gigantic cast of characters and write good stories too. I liked Negation a lot and I recommend it too.

[ March 17, 2007, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I can see why Mark wouldn't want to continue without Barry. BK's done such a wonderful job with both the art and absorbing/deflecting the book's critics with grace and dignity. Well done Barry. I'll miss both members of the WaK team.

Yeah I'd love McKeever. Because he knows nothing about the characters, has no real links to the old-school DC fanbase and is known for manga fusion style romance/superhero stuff means his Legion would be quite different. Imagine a Legion Girls comic in the style of his Mary Jane Stuff. (I know Lash would be buying)

(Yes I can see LSH fandom with the knives out, might not want to put your latest exclusive out to slaughter on his first asssignment.) *sigh* LSH is the Verdun of DC assignments.

If he weren't Marvel Exclusive I'd love to see Kirkman write Legion for the same reason. It would be amusing at the very least.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.