Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The New Writer Is (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The New Writer Is
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Some hopefully helpful, humbly submitted rules for the benefit of our new writer, Mr. Bedard:

1. Do not make any character a snake.

2. Do not kill any of the traditional team members.

3. Do not bother invading Earth for at least 20 years.

4. Do not have any traditional team member go insane and kill lots of folks.

5. Having the issues' primary narrations done by different team members (as opposed to Cosmic Boy or Saturn Girl all the time) = a good thing.

6. Do not retcon in a gender change.

7. Bow to the magnificence of Matter-Eater Lad and Bouncing Boy.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, I got a few issues of Exiles because they featured the Shi'ar Superguardians/Imperial Guard. I consider them "Legion" anyway and buy every comic they appear in, but I really enjoyed the story too. I hadn't noticed Mr. Bedard was the writer!

Tromium said
quote:
Giffen left because of editorial interference and negative fan reaction. Blowing up the Earth was the ultimate Wham-Bam -- it was *not* Giffen's original plan (See: Hat Trick).
Really??? [Eek!] I always had the impression that blowing the Earth up was Mr Giffen's decision and it was planned from the beginning. Can't remember where I had read about it, or whether it was just an extrapolation from other information regarding v5.
I feel better knowing it wasn't his decision. Do tell more about it Tromium. Pls!

[ March 18, 2007, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Y'know, what happened the last time a Legion book was left short of writers after around 30 or so issues; with someone else stepping in for a short term stint?

Nah, couldn't happen again... [Wink]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Y'know, what happened the last time a Legion book was left short of writers after around 30 or so issues; with someone else stepping in for a short term stint?

The series was cancelled and replaced by a better one that outsold it?

I'd be in favor of that!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Awkward Pause Boy for LSH writer!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
Tromium said
quote:
Giffen left because of editorial interference and negative fan reaction. Blowing up the Earth was the ultimate Wham-Bam -- it was *not* Giffen's original plan (See: Hat Trick).
Really??? [Eek!] I always had the impression that blowing the Earth up was Mr Giffen's decision and it was planned from the beginning. Can't remember where I had read about it, or whether it was just an extrapolation from other information regarding v5.
I feel better knowing it wasn't his decision. Do tell more about it Tromium. Pls!

Dain, you'll find most of the story here in Michael Grabois' Legion Omnicon.

http://adventure247.blogspot.com/2006/07/hat-trick_15.html

Giffen's "hat trick" plan, which he was not allowed to proceed with, is there, as well as the reason he gave for blowing up the Earth as he was going out the door, i.e, because "no one was looking".

It all boiled down to irreconcilable creative differences between KG and the editors.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Don't tempt the gods by even speaking of it.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
quote:

Don't tempt the gods by even speaking of it.
I do not tempt the gods, I bait the gods. There's a difference [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

So that was the "hat trick". Thank you Tromium, that article was....most enlightening!

I don't think the magazine will be cancelled what with 52 and DC's plans for the Legion in the near future, not to mention the coming 50th anniversary next year. After that, though, no one knows what the powers-that-be will do with it.
I'm sure Mr. Bedard has the ability to do a really great job and I hope he'll stay for more than a few months.

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Heheheh. That was cool, Tamper Lad! Did you write this?
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course. I do have to thank a certain company that I tolerate having to give money to for the inspiration.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I need to add that to our error screens at work. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I don't know how, but I just KNOW doing this is going to bite me on the arse somehow at some point.

Tony Bedard forum @ CBR

Heh! [LOL] Nah, 'boot, you probably earned some good karma saving Tony B from a cyberstalking... [No] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, Bedard isn't bad. It's funny Blink (from Marvel's Exiles) looks like a Cockrum Legion creation doesn't she? [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.