Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The New Writer Is (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The New Writer Is
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Obviously this is just the pre-setup for when George Perez will finish up Brave and the Bold and can take on the Legion of Super-Heroes, as artist/co-plotter! I knew it! [Wink]

Actually, I will be interested to see how Mr Bedard does. I'm not really familiar with his work.

Perez oh Perez, how beautiful this would be even in this new continuity...

As he said himself, he is a Legion fan since childhood. Good chance he would bring Wildfire back as his dowry :-)

Bedard could stay writer in my eyes - he did great on Negation which had a SciFi group superhero theme as well. As long as Perez is drawing it... I would buy anything :-) I even have his I-Bots series from Tekno Comix :-)

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Tony says something is going to happen to Mekt in his run. I am guessing he gets his trademark white hair???
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Or maybe a boyfriend [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]
Unless of course Profem is reintroduced! How about Lightning Lady?

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually wouldn't that make him Lightning Queen? [Wink]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Actually wouldn't that make him Lightning Queen? [Wink]

Depending on the portrayal, he could get a boyfriend AND take that name without the need for ProFem [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Well, in that case he's going to be the first transvestite Legion character. Another first for our fave comic book.
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
First? Not even close! Remember Ayla Ranzz disguising herself as her brother Garth, waaay back in Adventure Comics.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Ooooh, right, right! And in the 60s too! Hmm, first drag queen then (is the term correct)? [Big Grin]
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Cham's used female identities, hasn't he?

and don't forget Tenzil going under-cover vs. the Sklarians.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

I think Tenzil had become a woman, hadn't he?

That was a funny story. Tenz tried to lie his way around the Sklarians' questions by stating he's from "Bismollina" a small and unimportant Sklarian town, which was "governed" by Mother "Friggafrugga" the Great(?)

I hope the new writer will add some humor too.
Mark Waid's characterisation of Cham was wonderful in that respect.

brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
JSA #4 last page.
What has Geoff Johns got up his sleeve for the "real" Legion.

The end of Bedards run would come close to the end of the first year of JSA. Could Johns be cooking something up within the JSA title that would carry over to the main Legion title.

Perhaps with him invoking a new status quo for the book in some way?

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems to me that the Starman we see in JSA is from the original "boot" up to "End of An Era" aka the StarBOY we all grew up with and loved. The name he keeps using, isn't that the guy he killed that got him demoted to the Subs along with Dreamgirl?
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Seems to me that the Starman we see in JSA is from the original "boot" up to "End of An Era" aka the StarBOY we all grew up with and loved. The name he keeps using, isn't that the guy he killed that got him demoted to the Subs along with Dreamgirl?

Yes. But, you know... my suspicion is that the Legion we're seeing in JSA is the Legion circa Crisis on Infinite Earths. After all, by the time 'End of an Era' came along, Star Boy and Dream Girl had both retired from superheroing and were kind of out of shape, and Dawnstar had had her wings cut off (unless she got them back later on... I don't remember).

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
D'oh! That's right. This would be Thom before he became a professional Moopsball coach.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.