Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The New Writer Is (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The New Writer Is
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The man speaks. Should be an entertaining 6 months. Sounds like he's a funny guy.

Bedard Interview (Newsarama)

But I really take issue with any LSH writer who would prefer Naomi Watts over Scarlett Johanson. The Scarlett faction demands one of our guys be given the book.

[ March 19, 2007, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm now cautiously optimistic.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Well Naomi is hot and dangerous. She would make a great Emerald Empress. [Wink]

Tony had me at the round table of the 31st century and Levitz Legion.

But lost me when he went on and on about teenagers and Bouncing Boy.

But the ones he will focus on are Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Sun Boy. Nice!

Click Here For A SpoilerTimber Wolf, Shrinking Violet and Shadow Lass, three of the Legion's fiercest fighters, run into one badass killing machine that will shock and delight you. Seriously, it's the return of an old favorite that you're going to love...and it is brutal! Plus, you'll see a fate for the Wanderers' ruthless leader, Mekt Ranzz, that no one sees coming! But mostly you'll get a lot of small, personal, funny, scary, sexy, memorable moments between Legionnaires to remind you why Legion of Super-Heroes is such an enduring fan favorite.

Even nicer! So maybe it won't be so bad. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The return of Soljer? That issue is one of my earliest favorites... it made Phantom Girl one of my favorites for quite a long time.

I agree with UJ about the lineup of Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Sun Boy being featured. I'm most pleased that Sun Boy will apparently be back as a full-fledged member. SV certainly needs some focus.

I hope he gives Saturn Girl a bit of the ADVENTURE spine.

More Wanderers, too. That's good.

This is an interview well worth reading, I think. There're lots of hints and hints about hints with the LSH all-wrapped up in 52 and COUNTDOWN and the gods know what else.

2008 may well be the Year of the Legion (though another article elsewhere is calling it the Year of Captain and Mary Marvel...)

I'm sad that there's that undercurrent of the fans (or, 'the internet', wouldn't they be the same thing?)vs. Mark Waid and, by extension Mr. Benard.

I loved NEGATION, though I still haven't read a handful of it's last issues. That title had interesting aliens and takes on characters very similar to Dream Girl, Chameleon and super-pets. I'd love to see some of the imagination introduced in *that* title applied to the LSH. I was less impressed with EXILES, but that had more to do with the nature of that book's premise than anything.

[ March 19, 2007, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought Jim Shooter wrote the Soljer issue???? [Confused]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
LEts try not to slam anyone for at least 2 issues this time though guys... Maybe Wayne wont be so frightened next time I show up in an Interlac shirt

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Like I posted at the Clubhouse, can't fault a guy who has the same first issue in common and will be using Lightning Lad in his arc. He's got my initial support.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
"Legion was always one of my dream assignments (along with Aquaman, Green Lantern, Iron Man and Captain America). I've always loved the high concept of the Legion -- the round table of the 31st Century -- the idea that heroism is timeless, and the sheer multitude of great characters."

He got me right there. That's about as great a description for the Legion as I could hope for from a writer.

"Mon-El was always one of my all-time faves (loved his hair, those weird gold disc things holding on his cape, and the puffy sleeves). Also loved Timber Wolf, Brainiac 5, Bouncing Boy, Ultra Boy."

Anyone who lists Mon as one of his all time faves is aces in my book! And Chuck! He likes BB! Now if he brings back Condo, he will be forevermore know as Vee's favorite writer! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Encouraging interview. It's a riot reading the replies about how they can't possibly tell a story in 'only' six months...

Gosh, the Great Darkness Saga was five (with some prologue in a sixth), the Legion of Super-Villains War was five. The best stories in Legion history have been wrapped up in less than six months and some of my personal favorites (election issues, tryouts issues) tend to take only one issue!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm definitely encouraged by this interview.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
"Following the grand finale of the Dominator War (you won't believe how that one turns out), we will deal with the aftermath of the election of a new Legion Leader ..." (Bedard @Newsarama)

-- Finally! I'll take a stab and guess the new leader is one of the characters he mentions in the article as getting "serious stage time". I don't even care who it is anymore as long as it's not Cos or Brainy.

"Plus, you'll see a fate for the Wanderers' ruthless leader, Mekt Ranzz, that no one sees coming!" (Bedard @Newsarma)

-- Mekt becomes Legion leader? [Big Grin]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Tony Bedard: I was going about my business, baling hay at my Uncle Jonathan's farm, when a bubble-shaped craft sort of shimmered out of thin air, and these youngsters came out and told me I'd inspired them to form a super-hero club 1,000 years from now. Then my Aunt Martha walked up and opened her mouth, but the sound of a telephone ringing came out...and that's when I woke up and answered my phone. Editor Mike Marts was on the end, chastising me for dreaming about comic books instead of Scarlett Johansson. I tried to explain I prefer Naomi Watts but he cut me off and ordered me to write six issues of Legion of Super-Heroes. When they come out, he plans to pop some corn and laugh like a modern-day Nero as the internet tears me to pieces.
[No] Oh, he's going to fit in here just fine. [LOL]

Click Here For A SpoilerTimber Wolf, Shrinking Violet and Shadow Lass, three of the Legion's fiercest fighters, run into one badass killing machine that will shock and delight you.

[Big Grin] Do I really need to say anything about this? [Big Grin]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I predict:

Badass killing machine = Murdermaton!

Or maybe not...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Great interview! Tony Bedard has a sense of humor, he loves the Legion, his energy and enthusiasm is contagious, he's written two series similar to the Legion. I know I'll like what he writes! [Smile]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I predict:

Mekt Ranzz gets turned into a super-baby!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.