Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The New Writer Is (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The New Writer Is
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Badass killing machine = an out-of-control agricultural device.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
on the wizard website, the description of the news at the DC Nation panel of the LA Convention, is a little bit more detailed:

-> Tony Bedard is writing some issues of Supergirl & the Legion of Superheroes after Mark Waid departs the title until the new creative team is announced.

Source: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/la/003905355.cfm

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I predict:
Badass killing machine = Murdermaton!

b.k.m.= Soljer
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
I was the one who asked the question. It felt like a dodge like they had lined up Bedard to fill an emergency opening.
I asked if they had a new writer for the legion.

Didio said yes they had a writer.

To which I asked "A good one?"

He said yes and it would be announced soon but in the meantime (and here he kinda acted as if revealing a big secret and not sure he was supposed to) that Bedard Would be picking up a few issues until the switch could be made.

Since then they've

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
ok but anyword on who's taking over the art chores? i would love it if it were Pelletier but i think he's still on Exiles and also doing the FF with Dwayne Mcduffie.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kevin Sharpe
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... let me see... signed up for six issues... Barry and Mark are set for a couple more... plus two, carry the one...

Obviously this is just the pre-setup for when George Perez will finish up Brave and the Bold and can take on the Legion of Super-Heroes, as artist/co-plotter! I knew it! [Wink]

Actually, I will be interested to see how Mr Bedard does. I'm not really familiar with his work.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Obviously this is just the pre-setup for when George Perez will finish up Brave and the Bold and can take on the Legion of Super-Heroes,
[Eek!] ...Dare we hope...?
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Can you even imagine? Every active Legionnaire appearing in every panel! [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Legion Worldians I am here today to proclaim my running to be the new LSH writer.

As a new fan to the LSH, I pledge a new day. I am not beholden to special interest. I am not in the hip pocket universe of anyone. China gave the world the Gang of Four; I will give you the Fatal Five.

You heard of the Fair Deal? I will provide everyone with a bouncing boy deal. No matter eater the cost, I will provide fun and short story Bloks.

It is time for a new dawn star. To quote the famous Narn prophet G'Kar," Their time has come and gone. It is our time now!"

As for my credentials, I have read the best in the business: Bester, Heinlein, Asimov, and others to numerous to mention.

So please Legion Worldians, vote me to be the new LSH writer. Thanks for your support.

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Heheheh. OK, Wamu! The Fatal Five will be back, right?

Spellbinder said
quote:
Can you even imagine? Every active Legionnaire appearing in every panel!
Ohhh, I can just picture myself holding a magnifying glass like an entomologist, trying to look at every Legionnaire - each drawn in full detail in his/her distinctive way of course - and loving every minute of it! [LOL]

[ March 20, 2007, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
The "logical" choice for Legion leader is Sun Boy. I've just been re-reading the WaK Legion (bought the trades). Man, Sun Boy was cool. Can't wait to seem him back. But I agree Mekt will probably end up as leader.

Obvious that Bedard is "finishing" Waid's run. They must have something lined up after Bedard that is pretty newsworthy, or we would have heard about it already, like Bedard continuing. My guess is that they were planning on a new team starting for #37 and Barry's early departure mucked things up a bit.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
You kep thinking that. I think this whole thing caught them of guard and they are doing damage control.

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
It could be both.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Hmmm... let me see... signed up for six issues... Barry and Mark are set for a couple more... plus two, carry the one...

Obviously this is just the pre-setup for when George Perez will finish up Brave and the Bold and can take on the Legion of Super-Heroes, as artist/co-plotter! I knew it! [Wink]

Actually, I will be interested to see how Mr Bedard does. I'm not really familiar with his work.

I immediately thought the same thing. WOuldn't that be amazing? And during the anniversary stretch especially.

One can hope [Bouncing Boy]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.