Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name that Horror Scene (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Name that Horror Scene
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, here's another fun game for all the horror fans on this board. Someone names a famous/classic/ultra-gross horror scene from a movie, and the next person guesses what movie it's from and the characters that were involved. Anything that you consider horror is game, although if it gets obscure, try to give hints.

Here's hoping this thread doesn't drift into nothingness...

I'll start with a relatively easy one:

An annoying guy in a wheel chair is sawed completely in half by a chainsaw.

What movie is that classically from, and who did it?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurking Violet
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
[Shrinking Violet] I'm guessing but I'll say it's Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I've never seen the original just the remake and that was scarey enough for me!

Assuming I'm right, this scene is from the first horror movie I ever saw:

A man moves back to his aunt's home with his young son and, ultimately, goes on a killing spree with a Nazi hunting old man! What movie and what are they killing? [Shrinking Violet]

[ August 27, 2004, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Lurking Violet ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yup, you're right LV, it was Leatherface from the original. I'll have to think about your one though before I answer...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking Apt Pupil, it has a Nazi (I think, I never saw it)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obsidian Lass           Edit/Delete Post     
[Umbra] I haven't seen Apt Pupil - I'll look for it.

Hint #1: Dr. Fate and Days of Our Lives share this locale with the movie. [Umbra]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Talok VIII | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Alt ID confusion... I'll guess 'House' with William Katt. I haven't seen it since I was like 9 but I know it has something to do with a man and his son moving into an old house. I'd guess that what he and the old man are killing is goblins or something.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Saturn
unregistered

[Saturn Girl] If you realize it's me (the original poster), then where's the confusion? - not trying to be snotty in asking this

Hint #2: Jack Kirby may be the King of Comics but this Maine-born writer is the King of horror! [Saturn Girl]

[ August 28, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Sister Saturn ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ok, I'm totally stumped. I've thought of every Steven King movie I remember, but none really fit! I may have never seen this...

PS- Zoe, Apt Pupil is a GREAT movie. I just got it on DVD. It has one of the most heart-wrenching scenes I've ever seen in a movie, when the Holocaust survivor recognizes Ian McKellan and realizes it's him.

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, but had something to do with the Nazis right, at least I got that right.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Saturn
unregistered

[Saturn Girl] Well it is the first horror movie I can remember seeing - so maybe I remembered it wrong.

But what I remember is that in Salem's Lot a father and son move back to his aunt's house and eventually team up with an old man/Nazi hunter to kill the vampires of the town. Maybe I misremembered it as Stephen King? Sorry guys.

I just saw this on Sci-Fi today so I know I'm right with this one:

The angels were borne of the light, the men were borne of the earth, and the djinn were born of the fire comes from what horror film franchise? [Saturn Girl]

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Salem's Lot was Stephen King, and they did hunt vampires, but I'm not sure if there was a Nazi hunter in it or not.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Saturn
unregistered

[Saturn Girl] Do you remember the old man who helped the dad & son, Lou? He didn't survive the film but I remember his character as being a Jewish Nazi hunter. Heck, I'm going to need to remember to rent it now. [Razz] [Saturn Girl]
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really don't remember. I saw Salem's Lot probably 15 years ago. TNT just aired a remake of it a month or two ago, but I didn't watch it.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The TnT remake was good but not great. You know, I've never seen the original Salem's Lot, even though I know the plot pretty well. I was going to guess it too, but it just didn't seem right! There could have been a Jewish Nazi Hunter in it, it seems like something Stephen King might throw in.

Do you want to add another one Miss T? Any classic horror scene will suffice!

(I'm hoping more people stop by this thread before I start getting obscure with them...)

Sister Saturn
unregistered

[Saturn Girl - Post-Boot] I posted this earlier ~

The angels were borne of the light, the men were borne of the earth, and the djinn were born of the fire comes from what horror film franchise?

It's not a specific scene from a horror movie, though.

So I'll also post: A young brother and sister are on a road trip to their parents' house, but instead find their path intertwined with a strange pickup truck and a driver with major road rage. The licese plate on the truck is memorable too.

Answer one or both - I hope I chose better this round. [Saturn Girl - Post-Boot]

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.