Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's Sugar & Spike in the photos, isn't it? If I knew anything about S&S, I'd say it's a supporting character of theirs.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
...and now I've stumbled onto the answer as well.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
At this point, stumbled upon answers are good. The obscurity if the character makes it unlikely that anyone will know the answer withouot a little internet research.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Okay, Quis. Here's the answer, courtesy of the Sugar and Spike article on Wikipedia under "Featured Characters":

quote:
Bernie the Brain, a child genius who, despite being the same age as Sugar and Spike, is an accomplished scientist and inventor who speaks and understands "grown-up talk". When he first encounters Sugar and Spike, he requires a translating device of his own invention to teach him their baby-talk (having already progressed past that stage, intellectually). He enjoys the chance to be a normal kid with Sugar and Spike, while the pair loves playing with Bernie's various inventions. The two often seek out Bernie when they encounter something they don't understand, particularly something involving grown-up behavior. Bernie made a cameo in Crisis on Infinite Earths #9 watching Clark Kent on the WGBS news report the Crisis and he appears to be very concerned about what is going on.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
SPFTZL GJSRT (That's baby talk for "You're correct")

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

What successful creator-owned character made his/her full-color debut in a cameo appearance (as a comic book character brought to life, no less) in another person's creator-owned book?

I need the character and said book where he/she appeared.

[ September 18, 2012, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Hellboy, and John Byrne's Next Men?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Es correcto, Xben!

Hellboy cameoed in JBNM #21 before his first mini Hellboy: Seed of Destruction saw print. Both were published under Dark Horse's "Legend" imprint, which also included Frank Miller's Sin City and Paul Chadwick's Concrete, among others. Hellboy had a few, short black & white appearances before the JBNM full-color appearance.

Yer up, Xben!

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Fortunately for me, I have a friend who is a big JBNM fan, and I've read through all his trades.

OK, I just borrowed from the library the TPB for "The Contest" featuring the Avengers, reprinting the early 80's mini-series, "Contest of Champions." I've only read the first few pages, in which pretty much everyone across the Marvel universe gets abruptly kidnapped by some higher power. This leads to a big double-page picture featuring dozens of characters all jammed onto a space ship (or something) together.

Which Marvel hero is given the panel's only line of dialog, saying, "Hey, where the heck are we?"

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Random guess - Human Torch?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Nope.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Spiderman?

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Also no.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I am 99.99% certian that it is not Thor.

The Thing?

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Kitty Pryde?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.