Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Savage Hawkman (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Savage Hawkman
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it just me, or are the covers for Hawkman captivating?

Should Legion ever be in need of a new cover artist, I'd love to see what this John Watson fellow could do.

(And, perhaps we could have more members walk around without shirts while we're at it.)

[EDIT: Title change.]

[ October 05, 2011, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Off hand I can't think of any painted Legion covers. Any?

The Hawkman covers are "ART." Best compliment I think I could give them. It's not just that "realism," it's the posing that brings on the emotion.

Of course inside isn't too bad either. [Wink]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Believe it or not I've not seen any of these covers as my shop doesn't get Hawkman. And I just can't get into yet another title. Anyone got scans or links to these pieces of art?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Believe it or not I've not seen any of these covers as my shop doesn't get Hawkman. And I just can't get into yet another title. Anyone got scans or links to these pieces of art?

I don't have anything other than dccomics.com (shudder). You can look at the previews of upcoming months, and they still have a few from earlier in the season.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
These covers are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

LSH v3, #38. The Death of Superboy issue sported a painting by Bill Seinkewicz, I believe; It was an inventory piece, of all things. A beautiful silhouette of the Legionnaires and Superboy in front of the Legion flag a full mast,with the elegantly simple typeset "The Greatest Hero of Them All". [Frown]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

LSH v3, #38. The Death of Superboy issue sported a painting by Bill Seinkewicz, I believe; It was an inventory piece, of all things. A beautiful silhouette of the Legionnaires and Superboy in front of the Legion flag a full mast,with the elegantly simple typeset "The Greatest Hero of Them All". [Frown]
I seem to remember Grey trying to win that cover art when it went up for bid on eBay last year. I can't remember how much it went for but it was in the mid 4 figures I think.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Scott! I was just emailing you a scan of this-- let me know if you could possibly host it, so's we can share??? [Big Grin] [Love]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
Scott! I was just emailing you a scan of this-- let me know if you could possibly host it, so's we can share??? [Big Grin] [Love]

Ready to go POV. I e-mailed you the link.
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Excellent, Scott-- Thanks!!

The cover in question:

-

[ August 25, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Poverty Lad ]

Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
One of my ALL-time favorite covers. [Love] [Cool] [Big Grin]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's not forget the painted KEN STEACY covers that ran about the time of the CONSPIRACY storyline.

I particularly liked the one for (iirc) # 46, that featured many Legionnaires gossiping and pointing fingers at one another.

re: the Hawkman covers; Yes they are fantastic.

[ August 25, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Let's not forget the painted KEN STEACY covers that ran about the time of the CONSPIRACY storyline.

I particularly liked the one for (iirc) # 46, that featured many Legionnaires gossiping and pointing fingers at one another.

re: the Hawkman covers; Yes they are fantastic.

You mean this one Lash?

-

Pov

I'm surprised you didn't put THIS one up, Scott: [Big Grin]

-

[ August 25, 2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Poverty Lad ]

Pov

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa... Why the hell'd it load up like that??? [Confused]

**heh... FIXED it... [Roll Eyes]

Guess I need to go to bed now... [Big Grin]

[ August 25, 2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Poverty Lad ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.