Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Savage Hawkman (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Savage Hawkman
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Latest issue (#43):

We finally get the origin and full story on Golden Eagle, and despite there being no big shockers, I really, really liked it and I like Charley Parker now.

<snip>

Well, we got Charley's story *up to the Wildebeest attack*. And after learning of his juvenile delinquency, I'm a little nervous wondering just how he managed to get rich.

Warning!

Semi-

Spoilerish

Hypothesizing

Below!

You've

Been

Warned!

I need to review the current series to check if we got a definite explanation for where Carter's body came from; right now, I have to wonder if Charley's telling the truth about the DNA test.
IIRC, that body's a lot younger than Charley.
*If* Charley *was* telling the truth, and there is a biological connection between them, then I suspect we're going to see Carter reincarnated in Charley's body, much as Shiera was reincarnated into Kendra's body.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
But if Charley is using it how can he be reincarnated into it?? I thought you were reborn if you were reincarnated.

I hope that does not happen.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I was implying that Charley *wouldn't* be using it -- yes, in a few short months, I've gone from "Charley will take over the Hawkman ID permanently (insofar as anything is ever "permanent" in comics [Smile] )" to "The writers brought Charley back just to kill him off again."
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

I re-read some of my back issues tonight, and discovered that my memory was faulty: Carter didn't get a new body when he reappeared on Thanagar. Rejuvenated, but still the original.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Just what did happen to the Hawkman character after Zero Hour, coz it seemed that all the Hawks had been merged into one entity. Or did Carter/Katar get rebooted?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#44....

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers...

... and Charley's crack begin to show. I've been loving this storyline; next issue will decide how much I will when the story's complete.

Whatever happens, I hope the creators create the excavation and rejuvenation of old GA villains, reincorporating them into the current DCU.

I'd like a Thanagar connection, too-- not sure how that could work out. I know I miss the happily married Hawks, and have for a long time. I don't see their return as advisable, particularly. The next best thing (barely 'next', really) was the character of Shayera Thal, an untapped jewel. Her return might be made impossible by events in the RANN/THANAGAR miniseries. We'll see.

As for Charley Parker-- can his story be wrapped up in one more issue? Will he have a future as a Hawk-character?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I am not sure about Charley Parker being REAL Charley Parker.....I still think that he is an imposter posing as Charley Parker - Fendal Ahl or something like that - is the one I suspected because he got away scot free the last time he was found out. Whatever happened to him?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I kinda had this vibe that Charley was in this just to get the mantle of Hawkman. So, who is his real father if his father was the real Hawkman?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Katar? But is this really Charley Parker? He sure doesn't act like the guy from the Teen Titans of the 70s.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stargazer:
But if Charley is using it how can he be reincarnated into it?? I thought you were reborn if you were reincarnated.

That didn't stop Shiera from reincarnating in the adult Kendra.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Currently we've got Carter, Shiera, Charley a possible Katar, a deceased Shayera (reincarnation in the wings?) on the canvas.

If a more or less 'permanent' Hawk family is established after IC, who should be it's members?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I have a feeling that Katar is Charley's father.

I'm still loving this series and think it's kicking some serious ass. I'm glad Hawkman had his swift and harsh revenge on Fadeaway Man and his pals (we got to see the cool Indian Elephant guys again!). I'm looking forward to the showdown.

I know Golden Eagle is popular with a bunch of posters here, but my preference is for (1) Hawkman and Hawkgirl team of Carter and Kendra at this point. But if Golden Eagle stuck around, that'd be cool with me, as long as they kept him interesting and dynamic. I miss the Katar and Shayera too, but have a feeling that their days are long past, and other might find it too confusing.

I just want to see more Hawk-villains established and recurring! And more intersting supporting characters! And more beastial action! And more hot sexy Kendra (and Carter too for fellow hawk-fan buddies!).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
i dropped Hawkman after issue 12 (i will give a new series a few issues up to a year) but couldn't really justify spending any more on it ...

the re-introduction of Golden Eagle (one fo my fave Titans, visually, anyway) brought me back too ... and even though this story is turning into something far different - and meaner & darker-- than what i was expecting, I LOVE IT

there have been several turns that i said "NO WAY" and fully expected some miraculous "and then he woke up"/nth metal solution to escape events .. instead, the creative team lets each ugly turn sink in and they move the story forward into ever-more-interesting ways

how long is this arc?

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash not like psycho Charley. Likes sweet Charley. [Frown]

Hopefully, he isn't an imposter and he is Carter's son and one of the bad guys we haven't seen yet did something to his head and Carter's gonna slap him around for a bit until the mental conditioning breaks and then all 3 of them will go after said as-yet-unseen villain and kick his ass. And it's Hawk-Family bliss from there on.

Loved the swift retribution against the posse of recently-revitalized Hawk-foes. WAY cool. DO wanna know how Carter-- who we last saw as a half-eaten corpse-- survived/returned so quickly.

I don't like psycho-Charley, but HAWKMAN is good stuff!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Well, when I was reading my back issues recently, I noticed that Carter was asking Hector for one more favor as the story cut away from their scene ...
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.