Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Savage Hawkman (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Savage Hawkman
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree the Batista art is AMAZING. This guy is quickly becoming my fave artist probably. I've been a fan since Marvel's Spaceknight...and sooner. I actually got Spaceknights cause he was the artist! I just can't remember what title I first really noticed him. Some 2099 stuff? X-stuff? Or Spidey stuff?

This issue was a nothing special. Another Rann/Thanagar battle...which have gotten old IMO.

Worried about Carter. He's one of my fave characters of all time. This has been my fave solo title since #1.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmmm... the future doesn't look too bright for Kendra:

From Newsarama:
Click Here For A SpoilerKendra is someone who has relationship problems with the world and other people Chaykin said, adding that to address this Kendra will be “dating most of the DC Universe”.

”Just the boys?” Rucka asked immediately?

”That’s an issue. That’s something we’ve discussed,” replied Chaykin.

”It’s going to be a book that’s sly, funny, sexy, and have a great deal of airborne violence,” he added.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I was worried that Chaykin might have a hand in the plotting, and that just might confirm it.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Doesn't look bright? But it does look fun! [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah... tramps are a blast [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah!

GO, TRAMPS! [Styx] [Stiletta] [Love] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I just went through and read the entire run of Hawkman, because I was considering dropping the title (not because of future changes, just because I'm trying not to buy comics just because I already have umpteen hundred of that series...). You know, it's been a really good title. More violent than I'm used to, but great villains, inventive, sexual tension, love stories, most of what I want a comic book to be. Kudos to all the creative peoples. It's a keeper. Hopefully, One Year Later won't turn it to poop.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So do we keep this thread, change the title, or start a new one? This book is all about Kendra now, and I'm eager to see her fly.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
So do we keep this thread, change the title, or start a new one? This book is all about Kendra now, and I'm eager to see her fly.

Bully a mod into changing the title to Hawkman/Hawkgirl [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
All right, which one of you wimps caved?! [Mad] [Wink]

Eh. I read 50... and was a might underwhelmed. Maybe I need to give it a second read. Chaykin's work had too many talking head panels for my tastes, though I'll admit he draws a GREAT Kendra. [Love]

Hopefully we see more HAWKGIRL in the next issue... we only got her in-costume in a dream sequence. [Frown]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought # 50 was okay, enjoyed the Chaykin art.

Nowhere near as good as the Golden Eagle/revamped villains arc, which may be the best HAWKMAN story *ever*. I'll hang in there a few more issues.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Vinson
Libertarian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Vinson   Email Nick Vinson         Edit/Delete Post     
This has the feeling of 'decompression.' I like decompression if its good. This promises to be good.

--------------------
-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I agree with Lash. The Golden Eagle/revamped villains arc is probably the best Hawkman story EVER. This title has been great.

I really want Carter to be a part of it though.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Vinson
Libertarian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Vinson   Email Nick Vinson         Edit/Delete Post     
When I worked at the comic store, the Golded Eagle/revamped villains arc was going on. I got more people to start reading Hawkman during that run.. everytime I saw Hawkman climbing in total sales my heart lept with joy.

Its a real feather in the caps of Palmiotti/Gray as writers.

--------------------
-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The latest solicit of Hawkgirl shows Hawkman and talks about him possibly returning. I *really* hope thats the case! He's become one of my favorite heroes in recent years.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.