Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Is anyone reading this title? I love it Though I really miss Donna. I really like Grace and Thunder. Not sure about Indigo yet though. What does everyone think??

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
After 3 issues I'm still not sure. Maybe it's because the group is so radically different from the previous incarnations. The only continuing member is Metamorpho. I want to see Geo-Force, Halo, Black Lightning (not as the concerned dad) and Katana. I know their "fomula" didn't always sell, but they were the Outsiders to me.

Ultimately, Roy and Dick belong with the Titans, and Jade belongs with the JSA. I blame the really crappy "Graduation Day" book that they used to launch this title for leaving a bad taste in my mouth when I read it each month. The artwork is good, so it must be the writing I'm finding so "blah". Didn't Judd write both books? Hmmm...

On the flipside, Teen Titans is absolutely amazing. Great take on the characters by Geoff Johns, and amazing artwork by McKone.

Bring Donna and Lilith back already DC, you buncha yahoos! You know you're gonna!

[ August 29, 2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I read the first arc to see if it would interest me and it hasn't, so I won't be buying any more. ("Power Company" was a more interesting read, dammit! [Frown] )
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
("Power Company" was a more interesting read, dammit! [Frown] )

Yeah. [Frown]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
From what I've heard about PoCo, that's sying something! [Eek!] [Wink]

I'm STILL waiting to find out what's so important about Indigo that Lilith and Donna had to die and she's still AROUND... [Mad]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Indigo is nothing but rehashed "Data" from Star Trek, imo in terms of personality.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying Outsiders but I like Judd's writing and I love Raney's art. I hope they look in on Halo, Katana, Looker and G-Force.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I had to totally divorce myself from GRAD DAY to even BEGIN to give OUTSIDERS a fair shot. (GD was, to me, the WORST premise for re-launching 2 titles I've EVER seen. There are a THOUSAND other ways this could've been done-- but I digress...)

I love THE OUTSIDERS so far. I've only seen the cover of issue 3 and It's titter-inducing, always a good sign.

Winick has the potential here to have a (slightly more serious) version of the 80s Justice League here-- he needs to run with it.

After reading the last issue, I said "I smell a hit!" I'm willing to bet I'll say the same thing after issue 3.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I don't care for the OUtsiders one bit. Maybe it was the Graduation Day beginnings, or maybe I just don;t like Judd's writing.

Whatever the reason, it's coming off my pull list.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, if you 're looking for Katana, be sure to check up in Superman/Batman series...she was in silhouette on the last page of S/B #1.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I had to totally divorce myself from GRAD DAY to even BEGIN to give OUTSIDERS a fair shot.

Me too.

I just reminded myself that GRAD was driven by TPTB, where Judd has said he's been given a free hand on OUTSIDERS.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
That's not really a good thing. His GL was horrifyingly boring and Exiles was a real step backwards for comic books.

Grace, Thunder & Indigo are three of the most unimaginative characters i've seen recently.

Artwork was nice, villian interaction was nice.

Arsenal forming the team works, but Dick seems out of place.

And if you're trying to establish some continuity with the old team by having metamorpho, why have him as an amnesiac? At least his old look's back.

If this is a hit it's because the readers don't have high expectations of comics anymore.

[Evil]

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Now Kid, just what DO you expect from a comic? I expect to be entertained for 22 pages and a few yuks thrown in earn brownie points.

OUTSIDERS 3 provided this for me.

I like it.

Winick had a lot of fun writing The Joker, 'twas obvious.

I like Thinder, Indigo and Grace.

I like that Jade is an experienced veteran... COOL!

I even liked the Batman appearance and that it wasn't plastered all over the cover.

Next issue, BROTHER BLOOD...! You guessed it-- I *like* it!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Kid Psychout

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
yeh. i like to be entertained as well, but there's gotta be a bit more originality for me.

Nothing really grabbed me from the book and i'm kinda allergic to characters called Thunder.

Surely he could have come up with a better name while still tipping the hat to BL. (and why does she have density powers?)

And i really, really hate Indigo. The last time i could stomach that "What is this thing... Love?" characterization and dialogue was in the tin can flying round with the FF. HAL had more personality.

I've seen all the elements of this book many times in other forms, and the way they're put together now just don' do for me.

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout

ps, when i can plan on getting to computer i'll have to say hi to you and all properly.

hope you've been keeping nice. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.