Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
Amentep

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amentep   Email Amentep         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I should have been clearer-- I, too, like ChrisCross's work. I loved his stuff on CAPT. MARVEL. But Raney already needs a fill-in artist for 2 issues, after only producing 2 issues?! [Confused]

THAT was my beef, not with the quality of the fill-ins, but that we're having them at ALL.

Probably everyone has heard this already, but Raney got sick, hence the fill-in issues so early.

Personally I'm enjoying the series pretty well. Not great, but fun enough. I'm not sure if it'll last that way, I'm worried about how certain things are going to pan out, but I'll wait and see.

Just wish they hadn't had to have Graduation Day to do this and the new Teen Titans series...

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks fellow OUTSIDERS fan, you've given me a new topic idea...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Another fun issue # 7 was!

Quite an interesting twist to the Metamorpho mythos.

Raney's back! His femmes looked hotter this ish, which is good.

next issue: HUNTRESS! I thought she was a BOPper now!

My only complaint: WAY too much swearing this ish and you guys KNOW I'm no prude.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Amentep

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amentep   Email Amentep         Edit/Delete Post     
Bleh...I'm just not sure what to think of the book. I thought the emotional content of the issue was handled rather ham-fistedly [Rex's transition towards the end, asking "Rufus" if he remembered his/their parents was just awkward as all get out].

Still it had its moments, but this titles on the cusp with me, and next issue with the Huntress [a character I never really liked when she was an Earth 2 character, much less the new version of her] has me wondering if this book is earning my $2.50 or not...

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still enjoying this series!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I actually thought the 'morpho 1 & 2 conclusion was handled fairly well. Rex has never been the smoothest of characters so everyhting seemed in keeping with his personality. SHould be interesting to see how this plays out.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ger
an old newbie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ger   Email Ger         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm very surprised that I'm liking Titans more than I am Outsiders. VERY surprised.
I liking the Outsiders, but I think CrisCross' art threw me out of whack when I was SOOO looking forward to Raney. The first few issues were wonderful but it has kind of derailed for me since then. I'm hoping I'll be super-pleased again now that Raney's back. I did enjoy the metamorpho issue and I was loving Raney's new take on him, but now that I see Raney's take on the classic Metamorpho, whoah!!! Oh well, maybe he'll at least get rid of the blue jeans.

From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
I've actually dropped both Outsiders and Teen Titans now. Neither was doing it for me at all. Motivations seemed to be off (more to please TPTB at DC than actually story driven) and a lot of the characterisation in both series was just majorly screwy. Good art on both undeniably but nothing to keep me interested in terms of the stories.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone else think that Jade is being underused for such a powerhouse character? I don't see her meshing with any of herher teammates. Love the latest costume in the last issue.

And did anyone else notice that the team is being run by 2 white guys over 3 non-white females? I know this shouldn't matter, just throwing it out there.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
But Nightwing is the natural leader [Smile] !

Outsiders has seemed a bit off to me too lately. I really don't like it that Metamorpho isn't Metamorpho. Winnick just created a character that will undoubtedly be killed off in a story sometime in the future. Either in a JLA or Metamorpho story once Winnick leaves Outsiders. They should have just used Metamorpho, it would have been so much cooler...

Indigo is now the only one that I really like out of the whole group, so hopefully Winnick can give me reason to make another my favorite.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So issue 17 was groovy. Nice colors from Rhonda, and some pretty dang sweet fill-in art. I liked it a lot.

I can see how the subject matter would be very touchy to some, though. Definitely not for everyone.

This book is still one of my favorites every month.

--------------------

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] for #21--

Batman's on the cover, and Nightwing looks pissed about having to share a book with Bruce again! [LOL]

Might have to at least flip through this at the shop, see if someone can right Dick without making him a pussy anymore... [Embarrassed] [Roll Eyes]

[ February 23, 2005, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes and no. Hit and miss.

Still better than the work on his main title, though, and good enough to keep reading.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OUTSIDERS continues to be a favorite series of mine.

I am LOVING Carlos D'anda's artwork and hope he is Raney's replacement.

I sure didn't see the end of # 21 coming....

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Neither did I, and it'll be interesting to see how this is explained.

D'anda's work wasn't bad, but the art by and large has been a bit murky for my taste. Maybe a different inker would help.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.