Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It did seemed a rather forced reaction.

But I guess it *does* set into place the events that lead to the crisis. With Indigo and Nightwing gone (and Starfire likely returning to the TTs since Dick's outtie), can Arsenal, Jade, Thunder, Shift and Grace carry on?

Maybe they need to bring Captain Marvel Jr and Huntress back.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Starfire's not leaving. She's on the cover of the next few issues... so yeah.

And Huntress is a Bird of Prey atm, so I don't think she's availible. (Besides, what fun is it to have her on the team when she can't torment Dick??)

I think the team'll be okay. Let's just hope the book will get better now that detatched!Dick is out.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The latest issue was good, although the battle seemed a bit anti-climatic. What happened to Luthor and Brainiac? I guess Luthor goes on to Villains United, but did we ever really learn what his whole plan is?

What about Brainiac? Was this whole storyline a hint of things to come in Infinite Crisis and beyond?

I’m sad to see Indigo go. You know, I think she might have been my favorite character. Now I’m wondering if Shift has much more of a role to play, before he eventually is killed off—basically, without his love-story, he doesn’t have much more of a purpose.

I think Nightwing will be back sooner than later. I am glad if Starfire sticks around though, since I think Kory needs a nice solid home. With no Indigo and Nightwing now, it’d be nice to have Jade, Thunder and Kori get some serious panel-time.

And I still feel like Arsenal and Kon-El’s days might be numbered. Not that I’m rooting for that, but I feel like it seems more likely to happen to them than any others.

Is the old artist coming back? I liked his style for this title…

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Is the old artist coming back? I liked his style for this title…

Doubtful... Raney's a Marvel exclusive. Two years, I think.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I liked Raney for the most part too, but he sure didn't last long at DC. So I'm rooting for D'Anda.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Have to say I haven't been impressed with the latest two-part arc. The writing and art didn't do it for me, despite seeing Kitana, Rex and Black Lightning in action (and Geo-Force in a flashback).

One question: what the hell was that with Kitana? Did she kill that guy in cold-blood in the end? I admit that I wasn't really paying attention by the end and just skimming (hey, it bored the hell of out me!), but how in the heck did it get to there?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Back in the day I thought Kitana fought against the urge to kill. I believe that is why Batman had her in charge of Halo. Am I correct?? I may have to pull out the old series and find her origin issue.
Thought the story was rushed..would have liked to see a current team up insted of the flash back.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
now that detatched!Dick is out.

tee hee tee hee!
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Im a little behind here...

Where are Metamorpho, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo and Looker?

Who conmprises the current line-up of the Outsiders at present?

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Have to say I haven't been impressed with the latest two-part arc.

Neither was I, to the point where I've now dropped the book.

I know it was a fill-in, but this title was on the bubble with me anyway, and with Nightwing out for the forseeable future, my interest waned fairly quickly.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Y'know, I'm pissed off. That's how BAD OUTSIDERS # 26 & 27 were. What a waste of $5. I've been probably the biggest OUTSIDERS fan that posts here, but this sucked ass, even for a fill-in.

Thank all that's sacred that this fill-in garbage is over with.

Looking forward to the debut of Clark & Thibert next issue and the return of Winick and his OUTSIDERS.

--------------------

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i too felt the last 2 issues were poor !! they weren't totally CRAP !!

but i just felt they were a bit 'nothing' !! as someone who didn't follow the original version of 'BATMAN & The OUTSIDERS' did this FUSE character actually show during that original run ?? or was it made up for this 2 part arc ??

i was thinking of dropping this book a while back [ but i stayed on for the TITANS crossover ] even though i quite enjoyed the run so far, i never quite took to the more 'adult' feel to this book !!

with the news that MATTHEW CLARK is coming on board [ i like his artwork ] i may stick around a little longer ??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I mostly read it for Nightwing, so I'm on the fence about what to do. I dislike the majority of the characters and, not only do I think they've been handled poorly, but I'm also disappointed in their interactions. And these people are FRIENDS??? Yeah, right.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is... we'll see. [Poverty Lad] I'm semi-hopeful with the new creative team, I guess. More apathetic, really.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Im a little behind here...

Where are Metamorpho, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo and Looker?

Who conmprises the current line-up of the Outsiders at present?

LAM, those were the original Outsiders. This title came out of Graduation Day (when Donna Troy and Lilith were killed) Two new groups were created from the aftermath of Grad Day, the new version of the Teen Titans and a new version of the Outsiders.

These new Outsiders include: Nightwing (although it appears as if he's out for now); Arsenal (Roy HArper, formerly Speedy); Thunder (Black Lightning's daughter); Shift (a Metamorpho offspring?/clone?/duplicate? not sure how to describe him [Big Grin] ); Indigo ( a robotic entity from elsewhere...turns out to be the future); Grace (big bad bouncer type chic) and recent additions Jade and Starfire.

The 2 story arc everyone is talking about is a two issue fill-in that followed the culmination of the Titans/Outsiders crossover event "The Insiders". Last month and this month the original Outsiders (or most of them anyway were featured, wrapping up some loose ends from a former case they dealt with when they worked together. It sucked big time.

Hope that helps bring you up to speed somewhat.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I've also been giving serious consideration to dropping this. I mostly bought it for Dick and Roy. I really don't like Grace, never have warmed up to Thunder or Indigo; Shift was about the only one other than Nightwing and Arsenal I liked. It was neat to see Jade and Starfire join as well but I hate all the infighting and backstabbing that bought them to where they are.

This group has never gelled as a team and never will. I'm going to check out the new creative team for a few issues but will likely be dropping this title from my pull list.

It's sad really. When it first came out, I had high hopes for this team. Sorry to see them sink so low.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.