Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Todd and Jennie-Lynn were conceived inside an energy bubble of their father's, Alan Scott. It was revealed many years later, the they were genetically his children, but were actually the children of the Starheart, the source of Alan's power: Jen was the light side and Todd the dark.

They were both born as brown-haired caucasians. In their teens they developed their powers by which Jen could turn green and Todd as black as a shadow.

Back in the Infinity days, Jen used to change to her original skin and hair colour, but eventually went to being green full-time.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes they are LAM. They're the children of Alan Scott (GL of Earth-2) and the villainess Thorn. Jade inherited her Dad's emerald power and it somehow turned her green (though originally only when she powered up).

The cover to me looks like its Shift at the top (ugh - I was hoping he'd die in IC), Grace top left, Katana bottom left, unknown top right (probably Thunder though) and Arsenal bottom right (isn't that a bow/crossbow he's holding?).

I was hoping I'd be able to start picking up this title post-OYL but it looks like Judd Wininck is still making me save money both here and at Green Arrow.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Todd and Jennie-Lynn were conceived inside an energy bubble of their father's, Alan Scott. It was revealed many years later, the they were genetically his children, but were actually the children of the Starheart, the source of Alan's power: Jen was the light side and Todd the dark.

They were both born as brown-haired caucasians. In their teens they developed their powers by which Jen could turn green and Todd as black as a shadow.

Back in the Infinity days, Jen used to change to her original skin and hair colour, but eventually went to being green full-time.

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Yes they are LAM. They're the children of Alan Scott (GL of Earth-2) and the villainess Thorn. Jade inherited her Dad's emerald power and it somehow turned her green (though originally only when she powered up).

Many thanks for the origin recap, Rockhopper and Blacula. By the way, how did the GA Thorn reform?
I think I got her mixed-up with the GA Harlequin (Molly Maynne)coz i thought she (Molly) was Todd and Jennie-Lynn's actual mother...

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Rockhopper Lad probably knows more than I do but I don't think the Thorn ever reformed, or at least not permanently. When she died she was still a villain IIRC.

Molly Mayne (Harelequin) is Alan Scott's wife (not that we ever see her anymore... <grumble> <grumble> JSA writers...) and so would I guess therefore be Todd and Jennie-Lynn's stepmother.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
The character at the bottom looks to be wearing a scarf.....Could this possibly be the new Captain Boomerang?? I agree though that it looks like Shift, Grace, Thunder and Katana though.

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Starting from the bottom left...

Katana
Grace
Shift
Thunder
Arsenal (wielding dual vert crossbows?)

I think Jade bites it in space, in the Rann-Thanagar Special. There's some hint that a hero dies and a Green Lantern is affected by a great tradgedy.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Jade dying would mean TWO Green Lanterns are affected by a great tragedy. Kyle is in love with her (or was) and Alan Scott is her dad.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Yep.

Kinda.....convienent all three of them are going on this space mission.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course Jade will die. Why not? Infinitors are cannon fodder! Two just died, I've heared rumours of two more, the others are (except Power Girl) de-powered, evil, in jail or recovering from insanity. Except for the ones who are already dead!

As for Thorn (Jade and Obsidian's mother), she was taken by Jay Garrick and Alan Scott to Paradise Island (pre-Crisis to Diana; post-ZH to Hippolyta; in between, who knows?) and the Amazons reformed her. She adopted the name Alyx Floryn upon her return to the States and married Alan Scott. She left him on their honeymoon, letting him believe she was killed in a fire and abandoned the twins she conceived to keep her evil side from harming them. When they were grown, she found them and, ultimately, killed herself to prevent her from killing Alan and their children.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

At least when Jade dies it'll probably be in an heroic fashion and after they've given us an emotional send-off with her father and Kyle.

Poor Mal will be lucky if he gets a single word of dialogue in this whole series before getting unceremoniously blasted away in the background of some panel without anyone noticing! [Frown]

Damn that Donna Troy! Taking all these good characters to their deaths! I'm beginning to understand now why Judd Winnick was so intent on killing her off. She must be stopped! [Wink]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
This whole IC thing as my nerves wrecked for all my favorite titles.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, there is an interview with Judd over at the Newsarama that has me very excited about this title.....Also the rumors are growing that Boomerang Jr will be a member!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
At least when Jade dies it'll probably be in an heroic fashion and after they've given us an emotional send-off with her father and Kyle.

Poor Mal will be lucky if he gets a single word of dialogue in this whole series before getting unceremoniously blasted away in the background of some panel without anyone noticing! [Frown]

Damn that Donna Troy! Taking all these good characters to their deaths! I'm beginning to understand now why Judd Winnick was so intent on killing her off. She must be stopped! [Wink]

Whats going on with the comics these days? Over in Marvel, the Scarlet Witch and Polaris are corrupted (presumably) by Magneto...and now Donna/Troia...why are these good people being altered? It doesn't make sense! [Confused]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by icefire:
Lash, there is an interview with Judd over at the Newsarama that has me very excited about this title.....Also the rumors are growing that Boomerang Jr will be a member!

Sniff sniff.

I'm in a serious case of denial, ever since the cover image for #34 was released. With the rumours Boom JR has replaced Arsenal on the team, I've begun to fear for Roy. I'm a big fan of the second stringers like Arsenal and Tempest.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OUTSIDERS #33

I can't believe even the Outsiders were going to leave people to die in an explosion. Sure, they turned back- but... maybe Alex Luthor and Kal-L are right. Actually, I'm even more surprised that the Rogues left Owen behind. Captain Cold, in particular.

Guess this gives credence to the rumors mentioned in previous posts. Could be fun.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.