Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
as i didn't really follow the original OUTSIDERS !!! where are HALO, LOOKER, GEO-FORCE at the moment ??

Alive ?? Dead ?? Comic Limbo ??

i've enjoyed the first 3 issues so far ....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Computo
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Computo   Email Computo         Edit/Delete Post     
Looker last had a cameo in a Wonder Woman comic. Her alter ego is on some sort of gossipy TV show.

As for the others, no idea.

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope at some point we get appearaces from Looker Katana, Geo-Force, Faust and my favorite Windfall!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Computo
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Computo   Email Computo         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone read the second series?

I was very intrigued by a cover which had Geo-Force smashing the visor of the Atomic Knight, from the perspective of the Knight (complete with warning lights flashing inside his helmet). I never actually picked it up though.

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I quite liked the second series; it featured some nice Pelletier artwork, lesbian villainesses, The Eradicator and vampires.

Fun stuff!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Icefyre:
I hope at some point we get appearaces from Looker Katana, Geo-Force, Faust and my favorite Windfall!!!!

It seemed that Katana was going to guest in this month's "Superman / Batman" (she was in shadow along with a bunch of other heroes), but none of those heroes appeared the latest ish except Captain Atom. Maybe next issue...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I -am- liking this title, but I have to ask--

We're only four issues into the series, and we've got fill-in art alREADY?! I had my reservations about Raney when DC signed him to an exclusive contract, and again when he was announced on this book. I like his work, but he's never been good at keeping a schedule. If this keeps up, I may drop it from my preorders and take my chances with catching it at my CBS.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Awww, Povvins, I enjoyed ChrisCross' fill-in!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I should have been clearer-- I, too, like ChrisCross's work. I loved his stuff on CAPT. MARVEL. But Raney already needs a fill-in artist for 2 issues, after only producing 2 issues?! [Confused]

THAT was my beef, not with the quality of the fill-ins, but that we're having them at ALL.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[hushed whisper]

To be honest, I think I prefer ChrisCross' work... Raney draws some hella-HOT guys and the best Metamorpho EVER but I don't find his women attractive.

ChrisCross' Metamorpho isn't as good as Raney's but his chicks AND guys are hot!!!!

[/hushed whisper]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I quite liked the second series; it featured some nice Pelletier artwork, lesbian villainesses, The Eradicator and vampires.

Fun stuff!

I really loved this second series! And that lesbian team of villianess (I think only two of them were actually lesbians of the five) were awesome! Pelletier really drew some hot women in this series, especially Halo and Looker! Plus, there were a hole slew of cool characters that were introduced, like Technocrat and that Grizzly character who ended up going bad! And Faust was pretty cool too, I think he's the only new character from this series to ever reappear. I look at this series fondly.

And I absolutely love the new series. So far, my favorite characters are the girl robot (who is too cute for words) and Metamorpho, an old fav of mine. They seem to get all the best dialogue too with Grace.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

I think the new series would have been more accepted had Donna and Lilith not died before the launch!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah Icey, I definately agree. I've pretty much loved everything Judd's done since he came to Green Lantern, but when I read the issue where Donna died, I wanted to scream "Hack!" at him. We've seen way too many stupid Donna twists in her history for another like this. What a stupid bone head play DC made with this. And two of the best writers that they have right now (IMO) launched series out it that are pretty good, although I know I've been thinking the whole time that they both dropped the ball for 'letting' this occur. At least the didn't pretend that she may never come back and left that open. Let's face it, Donna will never really die.

Other than that, both series have been pretty good so far, and I'm happy with them. I try to forget the whole Donna thing, make it Judd's inevitable blemmish that had to happen sooner or later.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

YAY!!! At the CBS tonight I got OUTSIDERS 5 and the TEEN TITANS/OUTSIDERS secret files!!!!

I'm thoroughly enjoying both books!

I agree that OUTSIDERS would be more accepted if Donna and Lilith hadn't been "killed" and killed. I had to totally wipe GRAD DAY from my mind, and I'm glad I did!

--------------------

icefire
Just like old Times!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
YAY!!! At the CBS tonight I got OUTSIDERS 5 and the TEEN TITANS/OUTSIDERS secret files!!!!

I'm thoroughly enjoying both books!

I agree that OUTSIDERS would be more accepted if Donna and Lilith hadn't been "killed" and killed. I had to totally wipe GRAD DAY from my mind, and I'm glad I did!

Lash' I also feel if you just forget about Graduation Day you will enjoy the 2 seriesd better!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.