Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Murky. Yeah, really HEAVY on the lines, I see it.

Yet I still find myself loving it, it's a bit different than other stuff out there right now.

And he draws an awesome Starfire!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, he can't KEEP her! She's gotta go back to the Titans and that's THAT! [Razz] [Wink]

I mean, she's in the TTG cartoon... not Outsiders:The Animated Series! [Big Grin]

Question: Is Gina still coloring, or did Tom R. take the Ball-and-Chain with him when he left? Not sure if they're a husband-and-wife team like the Dodsons...

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
(Teehee-- the first time I saw Gina Going-Raney in print I said to myself: "Why's Gina goin' grainy? She need more fiber??? [ROTFLMAO]

I crack my self up-- so YOU DON'T HAVE TO! [LOL] )

((I'm like the Dow Scrubbing Bubbles of comedy... [Wink] [Big Grin] ))

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just read # 23 & 24-- WOW!

SPOILERS FOLLOW for real real.

After the "revealation" about Shift in # 23 we get Indigo going bonkers as Brainiac 8.0-- actually seen in Teen Titans # 24!

I know a lot of people didn't like Indigi because of her hand in Lilith & Donna's death, but I sure grew to like her a lot. I'll miss her, because I doubt there's any going back now.

Lots of great moments between the team members. OUTSIDERS remains a big favorite of mine.

Shawn Moll does a nice job on # 23, though I missed Carlos D'Anda. Dandy D'Anda returns for # 24 with his BEST ART YET-- WOWZER!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked this issue too, the title has improved a lot over the past few months.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS - Outsiders24 and LSH6

I found it quite ominous in issue 24 in which Brainiac 8 intimated that her mission was to save the future of Colu by slaughtering the heroes in the upcoming crisis came out on the same day as a Legion of Superheroes where the villain said that Colu is next on his hit list.

I don't think things look good for Colu at all in LSH. B8 is from the far far future and barring any alternate future mumbo jumbo Colu may go boom in the 31st century.

I sure am excited about DC Comics this year, I don't think I've ever seen a story unfold over such a huge number of titles over such a long period and continue to gain momentum each month.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Totally agreed. DC is where it's at right now!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I totally agree with that. That alone has made both my brothers get really big into comics--they read almost every DC title these days. It really is a great time for DC right now.

Outsiders was great this issue, although Arsenal continues to annoy me! Shift and Indigo were my favorite two characters, but it looks like one or both might not be around soon. Indigo as Brainiac 8 was a great twist though, and I was shocked when I read Titans! I get the feeling Shift will be killed by her by the end of this though...

I also for some reason feel that Connor/Superboy and Arsenal's days might be numbered. Arsenal seems like the most likely of all DC's Silver Age characters that might bite the dust, although I can't place why.

I'm excited about Outsiders, big time! To me, this is Judd Winick's best title right now and the one were he nails his characters the best (with the possible exception of Nightwing on occassion).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah the Roy/Arsenal Character is DC's silver age whipping boy for sure. Drug addict, denied succession when his mentor dies, in deadly situations twice already in this series not to mention having his daughter taken.

I see it as this, when writers can only make a character interesting by whipping them ie. lost the ability to write positive stories about the guy, it's a sign. Eventually editorial just tells them to get on with it and off the guy.

I think they call it "Barry Allen Syndrome" in the DCU.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I get the feeling Shift will be killed by her by the end of this though...

I get the same feeling. Actually, I've felt all along that Shift was created in order to be killed. Really, did the DC Universe need another Metamorpho? Not hardly. (Though I'll admit that I like this one better than the original)

quote:
I also for some reason feel that Connor/Superboy and Arsenal's days might be numbered.

Don't agree about Conner, but I wouldn't be surprised about Arsenal.

quote:
Arsenal seems like the most likely of all DC's Silver Age characters that might bite the dust, although I can't place why.

Hmmm...maybe it's because there are now THREE mini Green Arrows running around, Conner, Roy, and Speedy (over in TT.) And, since Roy doesn't "do" arrows anymore...

[ May 31, 2005, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Offing Aresenal would be a horrible mistake, one that DC would no doubt eventually regret. As far as I'm concerned he still has much potential for fun and edgy stories.

If DC needs an arrow-character for cannon fodder, it had best be Connor.

Hmm. Shift destined for death? That would be a shame too, as I really like the kid. Kind-of like a son that leapt full-grown from Metamorpho. If we lose Indigo AND Shift, we find ourselves losing 2 great OUTSIDERS castmembers in one fell swoop.

I hope it doesn't happen!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Those are my favorite two too! I hope it doesn't either! Although, to be honest, Shift not being Metamorpho kind of felt lame to me, but I was going with it b/c I like their romance together.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
I sure am excited about DC Comics this year, I don't think I've ever seen a story unfold over such a huge number of titles over such a long period and continue to gain momentum each month.

i totally agree with you, i'm really enjoying this unfolding storyline, infact i'm buying more DC titles that i ever had, over my 25+ years of reading/collecting them [Big Grin]

i [Love] DC !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#25's out... spoiler

space

spoiler

space

spoiler

space

spoiler

space

spoiler

space

... concluding the TEEN TITANS crossover, 'The Insiders'. Starfire, Wonder Girl, Shift and Kid Flash had some good moments-- while Thunder, Robin and Arsenal shone for some good nanoseconds.

The Superboy/Brainiac 8(Indigo)/Luthor Brainiac I combo didn't quite build up to critical mass, as it might've. Their corporate threat loomed convincingly, though. Perhaps this strange intergenerational foursome will reuinite someday... maybe with the old Superboy character, Match?

Though I came to like Indigo a bit for her romance with Shift and her unique viewpoint as a living computer, I never quite forgave her for Degraduation Day... so I'm not sorry to see her gone for awhile (you know she's going to return one of these days... probably not as Indigo, though). The Shift scenes were sad... the use of the word 'real' was poignant-- just the 'good' side of trite, for me.

Once again Nightwing decides to quit. Oh, Dick Grayson, will you *never* learn? You just can't stay away for long...

I'm surprised there wasn't more of a direct link-up to the RETURN OF DONNA TROY... I'm looking forward to the Titans and Outsiders meeting up with her again. And I'm quite intrigued about how thing's shake out membership-wise when the whole thing's done.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*choke!!* I found the Shift/Indigo scenes so well done... I'll really miss her as a hero despite GRAD DAY. She was just so fun and omnipotent.

Surely there is no longer any doubt that Dandy Carlos D'anda is ROCKING THE HOUSE. Why hasn't he been announced as permanent OUTSIDERS artist? Will there even BE an OUTSIDERS after the upcoming Crisis?

Nice to see that SOMEONE remembers that it wasn't *just* Donna Troy that was killed in GRAD DAY (though I think this mention happened in TT).

--------------------

Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I just dont underdtand why Nightwing gives up so easily. I love the Nightwing character but I sure thought he was a stronger individual.
He keeps quitin...hos disappointing.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.