Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree! (Hey Icey!)

Also loved the Dibny's appearance.

Loving Ollie here. All I can say is "Yay Chuck Dixon!". I actually feel genuinely happy with myself for buying an Outsiders comic again!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So we've got a tense issue, more setting up for the big bang next month. Batman recruits some help to rescue the China team while Rex takes a space walk.

There's a number of small moments, and you get the feeling next issue is going to be PACKED with action. I'm with Cobie, this title is all kinds of fun!

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got to say that Grace, a character I liked at the start but grew to loathe when Winnick began forcing her machismo in my face, is actually really great when Dixon's writing her. He might actually make me start liking her after I'd written her off as a stereotypical female powerhouse (again?!!) meets the stereotypical "I'm liberated which means I sleep with everyone" (also played out 1,000,000 times by now).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well Tieri is writing the two part tie in with Batman RIP. And with an announcement on CBR, it looks like Dixon is done with DC.

Dixon no DC

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This sucks so much. What the hell.

Now Robin and Outsiders can go back to sucking completely again. I've collected Robin since #1 so I'll cut it some slack. Outsiders better prove itself post-Dixon fast.

At least Dixon was able to restore Stephanie/Spoiler.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

If anyone can make the Outsiders a good book, Tieri can. Sine they are suppose to be the down and dirty team, he's got the experience needed to pull it off.
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Nobody's seem to have bitten on this book in awhile. I just read the latest. It's the 2nd time they're using Looker here. I obviously didn't follow the book before she became a vampire. How did that happen?! -And how can it be rectified?

Having Batman MIA and Batgirl take over the reigns, as Batman planned all along in the event of his disappearing, is brilliant, although I would've preferred Katana as the older, more experienced leader. My big beef with this issue is that Grace seems to have lost her Chinese features. Is this another case of "de-Asian-ating" another character? I don't follow Batgirl's story, but isn't she supposed to be Asian too? With the Japanese Tatsu, I've never seen a book with 3 Asians as part of its roster.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the cover to #11. The end of the issue surprised me. I've always thought that Batman's involvement with this generation of the Outsiders was a bit of an afterthought, but here, it gains some much-needed importance.

After the Last Will and Testament special, Geo-Force's appearance here is a bit off-putting. But then, Final Crisis just doesn't seem to be occurring in much of the DCU.

I have a feeling that the general muddle that happened after the first Crisis, way back in the 1980's, is about to be repeated. Lessons unlearned. Sigh.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#16 has Metamorpho acting like Chameleon while describing how each Outsider is a projection of a part of Batman's persona.

A pretty interesting scene, though I'm not sure I'd agree with all the analogies Rex draws.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I only flipped through the book on the stand to see if it piqued my interest with Dixon on board. It didn't enough for me to buy, but I'll keep my eye on it to see what happens.

So what's the deal with this Metamorpho? Is this the real one? I remember there being two of them running around at some point.

And while Metamorpho's analogies were interesting, I would've preferred if the writer didn't feel a need to spell it all out for us. Sometimes you can let the readers excercise their brains.

And who's this Owlman? Where'd he come from?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

He's detective Roy Raymond, Jr. who (apparently) walked away from a gig on TV to be Owlman.
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

There were two Metamorpho- Rex and a piece of himself that splintered off after one of his deaths. Shift was reabsorbed into Metamorpho sometime after Infinite Crisis. It's suppose to explain Rex's more plastic man like tendencies.

I like the new line up, and Tomasi is impressing me with his work here. The tension between Brion and Jefferson is good, as well as Katanna's new grim attitude. Halo is always confusing to me, so I'll just accept her for now.

Owlman and the Creeper? They have the most potential here.

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the explanation guys. Seems to me like Rex was the one absorbed into Shift - I don't see much of the old Metamorpho there.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have always had a soft spot for Halo. I hope she sticks around this time.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

#17-- I don't know what's up with these 'Insiders', but I'm liking this team more and more. I wish Halo'd be featured a bit-- it's been a loooonnng time since she appeared. I want to see Geo-Force lighten up a bit-- Metamorpho get serious (well, just for a little while)-- Owlman display his powers of detection-- Black Lightning act the statesman he's been in the DCU...

What do you want to see for and from these characters?

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.