Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I am serious, I'm curious about how well the whole zombie-genre translates to comics.

So If you still have an extra tpb... it sounds like solid bedtime reading!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A copy will be winging its way to you shortly.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Assuming that I'm going to love it, and to show you that I'm serious about it, I bought WALKING DEAD 35 and 36 today (these were the only issues on the new-issue shelf).

The cute CBS guy got all excited, and said I'd love it, and he said all of the trades are in-store.

Will it ruin anything if I read 35 & 36 before the first trade?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry I didn't see your question before Lash. You should be okay reading those issues first but, hopefully, by now that doesn't matter.

Okay, I'm recruiting again. I'm getting ready to purchase another stack of the first trade. So if you are still on the fence I'll send you a copy. If you like it, buy the monthly and/or trades. If you don't, pass the book on to someone you think might like it or donate it to a library. And don't be afraid to recruit others. Look at CJ. He recruited at least three other people and is currently running the Colorado branch of TWDA (The Walking Dead Army).

I'm going to buy the books in the next few weeks so give me a shout out here or in PM if you are interested. You will not be disappointed.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[sigh] All right, all right. I'll give it a shot. Would you happen to have a copy of My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade to sweeten the deal?

Mood music, you know. [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

You know I do! [Smile] And when you hear Liza on the album I bet it'll scare the pants off of you. Oh, wait. You probably won't be wearing any anyway. [Big Grin]

I may actually have a special copy for you Pov. I'll see what I can do about it and some mood music too. Anything else?

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

The cute CBS guy got all excited, and said I'd love it,

Isn't it cute when they do that? Like little kids getting a cotton candy. I remember my comics guy doing that when I picked up Abadazad.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I may actually have a special copy for you Pov. I'll see what I can do about it and some mood music too. Anything else?

Your generosity knows no bounds. That's more than enough. [Big Grin] [Hug]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
...Abadazad....

[sigh] I wish I'd had the wherewithall to promote that book the way Scooter's pushing TWD... [sigh]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

TWD has been officially added to my pull, and I'll buy the remaining trades on an as-I'm-able-to basis. Good stuff!!!

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
This is the ONE book I'm not buying that I REALLY wish I was. It looks totally up my alley.

My big problem is that I'm not ready to go to Trades yet... and yet all the back issues are mucho expensive. So maybe I have no choice but to go to Trades?

But I wanna ask a couple of questions before I take the big plunge. So if Scott (or anyone else who's read the singles) could help me out that would be much appreciated -

1. I've heard that this book has excellent letter columns. I always like a good letter column but obviously they won't be in the Trades. My question - Are they that good that I should hunt down the singles?

2. I remember flicking through an issue ages ago and noticing that at the back there was a headshot page of all the main characters and listing who was dead, alive, missing, etc. I always like that type of thing in comics and this one was especially cool. My questions - Have there been many of those sorts of things? And are they in the TPBs?

3. I think I remember hearing a while ago that The Walking Dead was getting an Annual. My questions - Is that included in the Trades? And are there any other issues missing from them?

4. I know some TPBs (Starman and Fables for example) collect the stories in a different order to what was released. My question - Does The Walking Dead do this too?

I think that's about all I need to know. Thanks for your time.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'll try to answer these from memory best I can.

1. The letter columns are excellent. They run at least three to four pages each issue. But in the trades I've gotten and the hardback collection they were not included. Not sure if they are worth tracking down though as the single issues, just for the first 10 issues, would probably run you $150 easy. I say pick up the trades. I can always scan the letter columns for you.

2. They've done this a couple of times over the course of the series. I don't recall the last time it was done and I'd have to thumb through the trades to see if they did reprint it or not.

3. The only time I heard of an annual was either on a message board or maybe in the letters pages. Someone suggested it would be a good idea to see what is happening to other people around the world. But no, one has not been printed and no issues have been skipped.

4. TWD trades are printed in order. I know there are reasons, even the Legion has done it, for printing out of order but for TWD that would be like showing hour 22 before hour 12 on 24. This is a building drama that uses the momentum from each issue.

Something else that is missing from the trades are the covers to the single issues. I don't know why this was done except for the fact the covers are the only color used and it was probably too much to put six color pages into a black and white trade. The trade covers are all new, different from the cover of the singles inside.

For my money, it is worth it to get the trades now and pick up as many back issues as you can afford, starting with the most recent, if you want the floppies. I go for both only because I'm a rabid fan who has no sense of money.

Blacula
Easy

OK - I'm sold! Thanks for all that info Scott!

I think it really will just be too expensive to track down all the back-issues of this series, so I've got no alternative but to go the TPB route.

I could kick myself though! I came *so* close to buying the first few issues when it began but never got around to it. Oh well.

Scott - If you have any spare copies of the first TPB and are still doing that deal let me know. If not, no problem - I'll just grab it from the store.

Thanks again.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

PM me your snail-mail address and as soon as my next set comes in I'll send you a copy.
Blacula
Easy

Great. Thanks Scott!
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.