Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Or as Superman would say, "Thanks, Great Scott!" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nah, just doing my duty as zombie overlord. [Smile]

Here's a review from last October by Cory Doctrow, he of BoingBoing.net. If you don't read BoingBoing you are missing out. Another convert but, alas, not one of my army.

Oh, and I found the coolest thing today on Kirkman's forum at Image (a place I've never frequented before today). It was done by Ryan Ottley, the artist on Kirkman's Invincible who happens to live here in Utah. The title character, zombified.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Image's 2005 Holiday Special had a short story set in Kirkman's WD universe that actually had no zombies. It was actually a great little follow up with a couple of characters introduced early in the series. Any of those interested in seeing it let me know. It's only six pages and I'll post it here.

Never mind I guess. I just read #34 (catching up on my reading) and they reprinted it there.

[ May 13, 2007, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Kirkman do a zombie story in INVINCIBLE after seeing that Ottley piece...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

He did it to the Marve U, why not the Image U too?
Black Tooth
Geoff Johns' Favorite Beaver

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Tooth           Edit/Delete Post     
He thould croth it over with Liberty Meadowth... thothe Jen and Brandy galth have a great thet of... lobeth on them... [Love] [Matter Eater Lad]
From: Jersey swampland, c. 3003 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'm both intrigued and disturbed by the vision of a zombie Brandy.

And just because these deserve to be posted twice:

Here's the Kirkman zombie sketch and sig from the trade he signed for me.

Click for fullsize image

And this is a birthday present I received in the mail today from my Faraway friend Darden [Hug] . A sketch by Walking Dead artist Charlie Adlard. Darden got this for me at the Bristol Comic Con and it fits nicely with my FCBD acquisitions.

Click for fullsize image

Pov

That kicks all kindsa @$$! Darden ROCKS!! [Yes]

(And if Charlie ever needs a break, I hope Kirkman sticks to sketches and lets someone else fill in! [Wink] [LOL] )

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
That kicks all kindsa @$$! Darden ROCKS!! [Yes]

(And if Charlie ever needs a break, I hope Kirkman sticks to sketches and lets someone else fill in! [Wink] [LOL] )

Hush Pov. Kirkman can do no wrong. I will gladly wait at his knee for him to sketch an entire issue of The Walkind Dead, no matter how long it takes.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
[sigh] All right, all right. I'll give it a shot.

Whoa.

You got me. I don't know why, but you do. Zombies and black and white art are usually a surefire turnoff for me, but this was great. I opened your care package, and halfheartedly started on the TWD trade... then proceeded to read it start to finish in one sitting. I even turned off the MCR cd so I could concentrate on reading it. I found it was less horror and more a survivalist story. Being black and white probably helped reduce the gruesome aspect. Poor horsie, though... [Frown] [Wink]

I'll order the second volume from IST when I get a chance. [Smile]

--------------------

Pov

So the hardcover contains the same number of issues as the first two trades -and- the covers? Image is relisting both HC's in the September Previews... [Hmmm?] I might get at least the first one.

And they're soliciting the seventh trade, collecting 37-42, the same month as TWD #43 .

Lightning Lad
Founder

Not sure what our DCBS discount will be Bri but Amazon has both hardcovers for $39.58 total, free shipping. And, yes, each hardback contains 12 issues instead of the six of the trades.

As for the first trade I've got five more copies arriving next Monday or Tuesday. One, perhaps two, have been spoken for. That leaves at least three more up for grabs. Any more takers?

Lightning Lad
Founder

From Wizard (via Michael's Omnicom): Legionnaire zombies (assuming you can spot them).

Click for fullsize image

Pov

Oog. [Eek!]

I have now hereby honored our deal, and ordered TWD HC Vol's 1&2 on this month's DCBS order. It's funny that they listed them at their regular 40% discount, while they're on IST for 35% off. At $18 each, that comes out better than Amazon... but my order this month was EPIC. [Embarrassed]

The two TWD HC's, MG Lieam plush, The Goon: Chinatown HC OGN, LSH31c DVD, Power Girl and S/B AF's... plus the month's Countdown stuff and Black Canary wedding specials... [choke]

My regular comics cost just under $70, but my total with shipping was that and a half again! YOWZA!

And I passed on the Batgirl stuff... [sigh] The Donner collectible doll and the anime-style Babs... [sigh] [sigh] [No]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
With my distaste towards DC increasing at an ever-panding rate and Marvel doing nothing at all to let me know I can trust them again, Scott's WD trade came at the right time. I posted elsewhere about my thoughts on it (don't forget--I'm Cobie, far too lazy to find a link [Wink] ), but I'm going to try and snag something the next time I go to the CBS (prob a week & half).

The question now is, to I get the next trade or try to start getting issues chronologically? What are you guys doing?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.