Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Did -you- blur the contact info?

...You just wanna keep him all to yourself, don'tcha? [Wink] [LOL]

So Lori was originally Carol? It's interesting to see Rick and Carl(by name only) were in the initial pitch. I'm glad Kirkman went the way he did, having Rick wake up to a world already engulfed in the "zombie apocalypse", though the pitch scenario's pretty funny... "War of the Worlds", I'd probably be leery at first, too...

Thanks, Scott! [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Robert is all mine! [Big Grin]

Here's a combination of a couple more pages from before the proposal and after. This completes the story behind the start.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Tooth
Geoff Johns' Favorite Beaver

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Tooth           Edit/Delete Post     
If my mathter doeth't get hith firtht volume TWD trade thoon, I'm gonna eat the thecond one...

booooookth... boooooooookth... 8op--- [Drool]

--------------------
Got WOOD?

From: Jersey swampland, c. 3003 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Bucky, getcher undead varmint @$$ away from my ADV #247! [Mad]

I think zombie beavers might be more dangerous than regular zombies... Regulars'll just eat me, but zombeavers eat [choke] dead wood... like comics... [Shudder] [sob]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

[ROTFLMAO]
Pov

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The good news is zombeaver upkeep is surprisingly easy... just lock'em away in a dogcrate and keep stuffing old MILENNIUM and NEW GUARDIANS books in there. [Smile]

They're surprisingly content. [Shudder]

--------------------

Pov

Say-- It works with LADY DEATH and EVIL ERNIE titles, too! [Cool] Cleans up unwanted comics AND it's nutritious! ...For zombeavers in captivity, of course.

I'm afraid to try all those early Image titles, though... [Shudder] [Shudder] Maybe it's some zombeaver antivirus... [Hmmm?] [LOL]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Just don't feed him any Liefeld issues. I don't know if it will "kill" him or mutate him further. Most likely the latter.
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There's some serious buzz about the upcoming arc, and I won't be reading it til it's over and they've moved on. (I'm a trade reader.) I may finally convice a trio of friends to start buying the monthlies.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Okay, a minor peeve... but it's difficult reading the second HC and being able to tell where the individual issues stop and start. I wish they'd put the covers between "episodes" instead of all collected in the back.

Of course, I'm only b!tc#in' because I ended up reading what -was- labeled as Chapter Three: Safety Behind Bars all in one sitting... I didn't know where to stop 'til I reached the next chapter... what was that, six issues' worth...? [LOL]

(Thanks to Scooter for filling in the issues I was missing electronically so I could finally -start- reading Vol.2, btw... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Anything to feed the Army.
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Yeah, Robert is all mine! [Big Grin]

I'm telling Bruce! He had a wedding planned and everything...
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Last night I re-read all my TWD issues in one sitting (the first 2 trades, and issues 35-42), and began to have no trouble identifying characters. Even my gap in issues wasn't too jarring and I was able to identify (or figure out) everyone. It just needed a re-read.

And I am now more than ever ready to fill in the gaps. Gotta get the third trade next Friday!

Carol's death in 41-42 was particularly horrifying. A new way to commit suicide. Poor Sophia.

But if there's one thing we learned from the barn in the second trade, it's NEVER a good idea to keep ANY of the zombies around.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Man! The trades and HC's for Walking Dead are RED-HOT on eBay! I've recently been prospecting for TPBs there based on Scott's (and friends!) word of mouth. They've got plenty of multiple-TPB lots there, but I'm not finding the bargains I like to get. Just lost a lot for the first 4 TPBs (used) that went for $31 (including shipping). Not exactly sky-high, but I'm a little squeamish about going too high for something I've never even sampled before.

I'll keep plugging though, and possibly going higher in future auctions, but I'll need some spoiler-free reinforcement about how great the product is, okay?

BTW, what do the trades retail for? They're all six issues per? And what do the hardcovers retail for?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.