Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
InStock Trades has TWD trades 1-7 @ 35% off-- vol.1@$6.47, vol.2-3@$8.42 and vol.s 4-7@ $8.44. They also have the second HC volume for $19.49.

The regular trades have six issues collected, while the hardcovers have twelve, plus the color covers.

IST offers free shipping on orders over $50.

[/shill] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
So I have the first 5 Trades which collect issues 1-30. I started buying the monthlies with issue 34. I decided to forego buying the 6th trade and try to track down issues 31-33. My CBS had 31 in the back-ish bin tonight, yay! Also got the new issue. So I'll be completely caught up but for 2 issues (though I already know what happens anyway, having read issues 34 to present already).

Runaway fave: Michonne! She RAWKS!

WEIRD PLACE TWD IS GIVEN PROPS DEPT

I was having lunch at one of outreach clinics, absentmindedly flipping through a SOAP OPERA DIGEST mag. I don't watch soaps but do like to look at cute guys. Anyhoo, this one actor guy was listing his fact-sheet or whatever-- have no idea what soap he's on, he was handsome and African-American... And he lists TWD as a must-read for him...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

re: TWD # 43

I rather enjoyed the flashback, I think it was necessary. Of course it has only prolonged the agony of having to wait until the carnage begins!

And the upcoming covers for the NO ONE IS SAFE arc have me VERY scared... I mean, who needs zombies when the HUMANS want to kill each other?

I can't thank (curse) Scott enough for getting me to read (addicted to) TWD! [Big Grin] It's fast entered my personal top 5, now that I have read (nearly) all the story!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Pov

-

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
Update: I recently won an eBay lot for TWD Vols. 1 & 2 tpbs for $15 including shipping. Not too bad of a deal and slightly better than the In-stock Trades link Pov shot me. Unfortunately, it was a no Paypal auction, so I had to mail a money order to Hawaii and probably won't see the items for a couple weeks.

They'd better be worth it guys! [Smile]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Officially hooked on TWD now, by the way. Got the eBay lot of the first to TPBs (after a loooong wait--first Hawaii-originated auction I won, see above post).

Anyhoo, after I read the first two, I went to In-Stock Trades (thanks, Pov!) and ordered all the other trades already in existence! Got 'em Thursday and have read Vol. 3 so far. Wow! All the deaths in that story ("Safety Behind Bars") were murders by other humans!! I'll be curious to see who of the core cast is left standing after Volume 7--no spoilers, please!

The only negative so far is that the male characters seem more interesting and three-dimensional than the females. I especially like Tyreese, Carl (his interaction with Sophie is priceless!), Glenn and Rick, of course. Andrea shows potential, though. Lori just whines too much.

LOVE the black and white art! It's perfect for this series. And Charlie Adlard is an absolute revelation here--I've never liked his stuff much before, but this kind of story and mood suits him so well!

Methinks, the "walking dead" in the title refers more to our protagonists than the zombies, especially after the brutal events at the prison. I'm sure things won't get much brighter any time soon...

Thanks, Scott--and consider me enlisted in your
army!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, I would like one little spoiler...does Rick ever (to date) run into the father and son again who were the first living people he encountered after leaving the hospital after waking from the coma?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
He doesn't Lardy but the father and son do make an appearance elsewhere.

I think this story appeared in one of the trades or other collections but here are the pages from the Image Comics Holiday Special 2005.

Page 1 Click for fullsize image Page 2 Click for fullsize image Page 3 Click for fullsize image

Page 4 Click for fullsize image Page 5 Click for fullsize image Page 6 Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Image is announcing a 1-in-25 "Larsen&Ottley Superhero Variant" for TWD#50.

-

Kirkman originally planned for the variant cover to run at 1-in-100, but lowered the ratio to give Scooter a chance at owning iterrr... placate retailers and collectors. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pov

Oh... And still no freakin' word on when the new printing for the TWD vol.1 HC is shipping... [Mad]

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm a trade reader, so a little behind.

I read trade #8, collecting issues 43-48. It came out today and it's always my first read.

whoa

just... whoa

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Waiting for the fourth HC to be solicited now that TPB#8 is out... :frustrated:

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:

I read trade #8, collecting issues 43-48. It came out today and it's always my first read.

whoa

just... whoa

Aaah, the "No One is Safe" arc... the feces hit the fan there, huh?

(I know most/all of you but for me read TWD in trades and I get craZZZZy not being able to post about the monthly issues!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:

whoa

just... whoa

Aaah, the "No One is Safe" arc... the feces hit the fan there, huh?

(I know most/all of you but for me read TWD in trades and I get craZZZZy not being able to post about the monthly issues!

I just received and read the latest TWD trade (Vol. 8) today, and...wow! I lost one character who was one of my absolute favorites halfway thru and saw two others die in one of the most gut-wrenching scenes ever published. Devastating stuff!

While waiting nearly two weeks for this trade to reach me, I decided to pick up 49 & 50 at my local CBS (I have one now!!!). I decided, during that wait, that I will now buy each issue as they come out, as the wait between Vols. 7 & 8 was just TOO LONG! I read 49 & 50 immediately after reading the trade.

Thanks guys, for making me part of the Army!

And just when, exactly, is it okay to talk about plot developments here?!?!?!

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Any time Lardy. Just use the spoiler tag for those not up to date.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.