Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I won't say Carol was killed too soon, but I would like to see how her presence affects Lori and Rick after her rather interesting offer. Plus I think it would be intersting to see her (someone) slide into utter batshit madness. She was on that slide for sure in the comic and it seemed that halfway through, that was it, it was over for her. I'd like to see the slide last a little longer I think. I'd like to see her ACTUALLY "befriend" one of the zombies at the gate, talk to it every day. [Smile]

Hm...yeah, when you put it that way, her character could've been taken a bit further. I think her proposal may have been taken more seriously had it been given to some other man and woman who had met during the apocalypse and had kids with them from previous relationships. In that situation it could've been taken reasonably with society collapsing. But a big "nuh-uh" with a pre-existing married couple!

So far, btw, I don't think Carol has even been cast...but I could be wrong? [Hmmm?]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The helicopter being seen over Atlanta was different...and interesting. In discussing this with my wife (she reads TWD, too), she thinks the scenes with a lot of unfamiliar people we saw in the previews will be a pocket of survivors in Atlanta that Glenn and Rick will encounter before meeting up with the others at the camp. These survivors may be the source of the conflict hinted at in those scenes. Definitely a big change, but a logical and exciting one, potentially. In hindsight the helicopter sets that up. So the wife may have made a very astute call!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Okay, so according to IMBD (thanks, Dev!), we should definitely see...Click Here For A SpoilerCarol, Sophia and Jim among the comic book's familiar characters in these six episodes.

--------------------

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
My DCBS order is coming in today-- and among other things I'm receiving the sixth hardcover volume, containing issues 61-72. w00t!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I read # 79!

It was a good set-up for the big arc starting in # 80.

I can't help but wonder who will still be standing when the dust settles.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Poverty LASH:
My DCBS order is coming in today-- and among other things I'm receiving the sixth hardcover volume, containing issues 61-72. w00t!

I honestly don't know how anyone can STAND to trade-wait this series! [shrug]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Agreed! NO WAY could I do it.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I've just made the transition seamlessly from the Walking Dead Trade PAPERBACK #13 to issue 79.

I was thinking I could wait 5 or 6 months as they seem to be putting out the trades on time and regularly. but, there's something nice about the comic book, no advertisements, and interior cover graphic things ... it's like an old 'zine'

i was afraid it wouldn't be as satisfying, cause how can one issue compare with the amount of story in a trade .... and the walking dead is sometimes paced kinda slow.

but 79 was just right. think ill try the comics now that im caught up.

the trades are good for travel though.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Also a plus about the monthlies: LETTERS PAGE! [Smile]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
God. Great books and a great television show. #79 was a great calm before the storm issue, showing how off balance these people are for what's about to hit them.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yep, great time to be a TWD fan! [Yes]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
I honestly don't know how anyone can STAND to trade-wait this series! [shrug]

I'm a TPBer! And TPB #13 just came out. Which means it's time for my six-monthly review of The Walking Dead! [Big Grin]

Umm, can't think of much to say about it though... I definitely enjoyed it. I read all six issues in one sitting.

There wasn't a lot of action - just a lot of good character work. Which I appreciated. All you Michonne-lovers will be happy to know I've actually started to warm up to her. Kirkman's finally starting to give her some depth at last. Loved seeing her knock Rick out with that rock. He really lost it for a while there.

When I started this TPB I thought things were going to go bad and the Community storyline would be over only one or two issues into it. I'm glad it lasted the whole TPB. The Community (and everything it represents i.e. the closest thing our characters will ever probably get to a return to the way things used to be) seems like a big deal and worthy of a much longer storyline than that.

I think losing it even one or two issues into the next TPB (which seems evident based on the way this one ended and the previews) is too soon. Still, I won't deny that part of me is looking forward to getting back to the mayhem and excitement of a bloodbath for survival.

I just hope more than just the usual faces survive it. That was one thing that bugged me about the prison arc. All the minor characters got killed off there and (nearly) all the main ones survived it. If Axel or Billy or Patricia had survived that arc I think it would have made things a lot more interesting and less predictable.

Haven't seen any hints that we might be losing Rick or Carl but wouldn't mind it if it happened. The book could *definitely* live without Carl IMO since he really doesn't add much to the dynamic other than someone for Rick to worry about. Losing Rick would be weird though. I can't see it happening. Having said that though, I definitely think Kirkman has built Andrea up to the point that she could take over as the new lead. I think I'd really like to see that happen actually.

As long as Morgan, Abraham, Rosita, Andrea and fat worker dude with the long black hair, beard and sunglasses (that Abraham chatted with) survive then I'll be happy.

Anyhoo, see you all again in six months. [Smile]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
This post is about the show, and where I'd like to see it go next season.

Putting it here as to avoid spoilers in the show thread, and since it is about issues long ago, talking about it here should be fair game.

I think next year will encapsulate the second trade. They will have covered pretty much all but the carl/Shane issue in the first six episodes. Covering the first trade pretty thoroughly.

Thus, the second trade...Meeting Tyrese and the teens, and an episode of them all on the road. You can have an episode or two covering the estates. An arc of several episodes on the farm...add in a few one off episodes for deviations which have been handled well so far, and wrapping up with them finding the prison in the finale of season 2.

I think that there is a good amount of drama to be mined from the farm story, and a few good characters to explore that were not given the chance to shine in the book. I personally think there is probably a good 5 - 6 episodes worth of stuff that could be pulled and explanded on.

One with Carl's accident and getting them to the farm. Glenn and Maggie hooking up, and more relationship stuff growing from the characters that have joined spread out over teh multi episode arc. One just on what's in the barn and what happens with that. Add in a few offshoot stories with Hershel and his family, and you have a good arc for the season.

What do you guys think?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah I pretty much agree. The Shane storyline will need to wrap up before Wilshire Estates. I can see Wishire estates being NO LESS than 2 episodes. The snow melting off the Wilshire Estates sign was one of my early "scariest moments" in the book, so I remember that scene well and hope they copy it to a tee from the comic.

But how are they going to progress from the heat of summer to the snow-covered Wilshie Estates story so quickly... I need to reread the 2nd trade (I didn't go monthly until after the 5th trade).

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I think they're going to combine the Wiltshire Estates and the Farm into the same storyline. It's been a while but other than the people that they met and the people that died, I can't remember much of a thematic difference between the two storylines.

And knowing how much time the show would need to give to them, it seems like that would be about a season each for those two stories.

Show spoilers for those not watching it -

Click Here For A Spoiler We know the Shane/Rick/Carl thing is already stretching into season 2, plus who knows where this scientist angle is going, or what they're planning for new characters like Merle, Daryl, etc.

That's already a lot to work into a six ... just remembered that next season is longer. 14 episodes I think. They may work both places into the show next season after all. I definitely think Tyreese and Michonne especially will show up before the end of next season though.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.