Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
They are being up front about it being different, so I hope fans will go in with an open mind that thigns are not going to play out the same. That trailer looks awesome...I cannot wait.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Having reread the most of the series, I can vouch for the fact that there was an abandoned tank in Atlanta. But I don't think Rick got in it or anything. (He may have gotten on it?)

In any case I'm okay with there being changes and enhancements to how events went in the comics. I kinda hope Morgan survives because I really like Lennie James as an actor, though. The trailer sure looks like he's preparing for a 'last stand'. I might be presuming too much.

It also looks like Rick's injury is less severe than in the book. I've only watched the trailer once, but it looked like a shoulder shot, one that wouldn't put him in a lengthy coma.

Funny thing is, in the book the injury looks like it should've been FATAL! I mean, it goes in his chest and exits thru the back, appearing to take his guts out the other side! It's the primary reason why I occasionally entertain TWD as being Rick's death throes delusion, or even a kind of horrifiv purgatory/hell-type afterlife.

I don't really subscribe to it that often, but the thought occasionally pops up. I think Kirkman denied it as a possibility early on in interviews and/or lettercols.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It looks like a shoulder shot, but with a shotgun, so the damage could be more severe than what it seems.

Something I noticed about the scene with Morgan:

Click Here For A SpoilerWhen Morgan is shooting out the window, he sees his wife among the dead...gut wrenching...

It does make me wonder if they'll change his fate in the television show.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder who that guy is Rick's threatening with a gun to his head?

Also, the actor playing Rick appears to have an obvious English or Australian accent. I read he was from one of those but assumed he was going to disguise it.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

It also looks like Rick somehow doesn't encounter any zombies before he meets Morgan.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Two bits of TWD news, today.

First, a teaser for an upcoming story in the book. Is the Community storyline entering its final stages already?

Second, encouraging news about the TV series' future beyond the six episodes! Hope it's accurate!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Excellent news indeed!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

YESSSS!!!!!
Dev - Em
KIA

Issue 77 in the bag.

Wow. Things are going to get really messy really fast. We all know from the preview posters what is coming...and this issue sets things in motion to that end.

Great issue again. New alliances strengthened. Old relationships healing. New relationships starting.

Kirkman seems to setting up several possibledeaths in the coming arc...but he has thrown wrenches into seemingly straightforward stories before. I cannot wait till the next issue again.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

The previews suggest Rick and Carl are in danger of dying. I'm skeptical because Rick's been the only character we've followed since the first issue. Also, I just don't see Kirkman killing Rick just after the TV series has launched. Carl...maybe. We'll see.

Anyone else skeptical? And what would you think of TWD potentially without Rick?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm thinking it's a red herring.

TWD without Rick would be a very different animal. I'm curious as to how it would play out but I don't see anyone else filling his role.

Rick, Andrea, Glen and Maggie (plus Carl and non-entity Sophia) have been around longest now, right? Followed closely by Michonne. I don't want anything to happen to them.

But the cast has gotten way too big for Kirkman to handle properly. When was the last time we saw Abe's hot girlfriend or Washington-liar scientist guy (both of whom I can't name, and should be able to but they never appear).

Sometimes I wish he would work old-school Levitz-style and try to show just about everyone in every issue.

But I'm pretty sure the cast is about to be whittled down to a more manageable amount.

And the deaths of Carl or Rick would certainly hit harder than those of the castmembers we never see. This arc will be one to watch closely.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

The previews suggest several/all of them are in danger...more than at just about any other time since the series began...except maybe the prison war against the Gov.

I think Glenn is in serious danger, and the scenes with him and Maggie seem to cement this theiry.

As far as Rick, and/or CArl being in danger...it would take guts to kill your main character, or, arguably, the second main in the series in Carl. I think the series would survive without one/both of them.

What if Kirkman did an arc or two after this with no indication whether the two of them were alive? They take off, but we stay with Andrea or one of the others as they deal with the Zeds. The tension as they try to firnd Rick and Carl would be unbelievable.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
Second, encouraging news about the TV series' future beyond the six episodes! Hope it's accurate!

Oh yeah, a few days later, Darabont refuted that report, saying there was no pickup as yet.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I personally think it's too soon since the prison for another mass killing of established characters. Hopefully, Kirkman feels the same.

It wouldn't bother me much if most of the Community was killed off (the most likely scenario, IMO, with a couple of established characters biting it as well for enhanced effect) because they're mostly pretty faceless. However, it would seem a bit of a waste.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Shoot... I'm sorry to hear the 2nd season pickup hasn't happened yet. Everything I've seen points to the TV series being fantastic.

CeeTee, I agree it's a little too soon for another massacre and I hate to see the Community go down also. If it's going down this easily, it makes it harder for me to believe they ever established it to begin with.

I hope my posts don't sound too critical... TWD remains my most-anticipated read every month.

--------------------

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.