Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay guys. The extra sized #75 came out today. It's not what you are expecting. You are not prepared for this. If you didn't pick it up today, cancel all your plans for tomorrow and go get it.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I was planning to get it anyway today but now I will be there bells on!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
That was different than expected...and very well done too.

Everybody's reactions in the story were great. From the opening scene to the ending...and beyond.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Shaky camera footage of the trailer shown at ComicCon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHN6goQTP9k&feature=player_embedded

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I am soooo geeked for this. This is the only show that I am looking forward to this year.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just bummed the first season is only six episodes. [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I hear ya on that, but that trailer is making me wish it was time for 6 hours of goodness already.

Saw several things that looked pulled from the comic in there, plus some new stuff to keep it interesting.

Wonder if they'll keep Shane alive longer to draw out that tension...

The casting looks good overall, will be interesting to see who they get for other characters that come into the story later.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

If the 6-season mini-season has even half-decent cable numbers (maybe 1-million viewers or so) I bet it will be picked up for an expanded 2nd season...

I think HBO's current smash success TRUE BLOOD only garnered about 1.5 million average viewers its first season...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So how groovy is it we're getting 12 issues this year again! I just read #73-75: and like usual, what great stuff!

Seeing Rick losing it and then everyone calling him out on it was really painful. And that's the 2nd time in this series it's happened. Michonne felt like a real betrayal too. I dying to know what's going to happen.

The Ottley back-up was hilarious!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I read 74-75 just now...

Rick really HAD lost it there... what he did was in NO way justified... sure, defend the lady and kid if they appear to be in danger, or if they ask... but he went from 0 to 250. He snapped... and threatening to take over the Community is kind-of the final straw. Michonne was right to do what she did.

Rick has lost his finesse somehow... I think being safe behind the walls has affected his judgement.

Now, the *REAL* betrayal to me was The Father. What a scumbag. Casting the first stone rather quickly when he had previously left his congregation to die. That really enraged and disappointed me.

What's really sad is Rick's ballastic behavior now gives the Father's claims lots of weight...

Okay, the umm, bonus feature was really odd. I SO enjoyed seeing Tyreese and Axel again! [Smile]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

I do not actually think that Rick flew off the handle that quickly. He has been going through a slow burn since he saw the kid with the black eye however many issues ago. the end run on the burn may have been quick, but it did not just start this issue.

Seeing his son safe and happy, and missing his other family members so badly (that he talks to one on aan unplugged phone) sent him spiraling over the edge.

Two of Ricks crew (Rick himself and the Priest) both started something this issue, or tried to. Glad I called that back a few issuesago.

I think that the result of this will be different than any of us think.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Rick looks like he's gone off his nut to me... there's no way this isn't going to have SERIOUS consequences for him.

Thing is, around # 50 or so, I was ready for him to die... I felt it was time to move forward without him...

now I don't want him to go and I'm worried about him.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

TV SHOW INFO SPOILERS!!!!

Forgot to mention the cast pics... THEY LOOK GREAT! I was reading the issue in my room, all quiet with my door shut, and the instant I flipped over to the creepy 2-page zombie spread, the bf opened my door!! Scared 3 weeks off of me!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^I've had a moment or two like that with TWD!

What was so well done about Rick's flip out is that I totally think he was over the line. *BUT*, after all these issues, I relate to Rick more than anyone else and in my view, even if he's wrong, I still want to see him win against everyone & everything--whether its the Community or whatever. I want it to turn out he was justified. I totally feel for him and understand where he's coming from.

My absolute favorites that are still alive in this series are Andrea, Glenn, Michonne and of course, Rick (and also Carl). I like many of the other characters too, don't get me wrong, but those are my favorites. I want them united!

Lash, I also totally agree about the Priest. I found myself actually infuriated by his betrayal.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

What I'm kinda hoping... and think Kirkman might be planning after having a night to sleep on it... is that Michonne and Rick *ARE* together on this, and this freakout is elaborately staged to draw out information on the Community and its residents.

Neither Rick or Michonne are idiots... Yeah, something is going on here... they are united with this.

(I hope!) [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.