Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, I know it's easy to get passionate or enthusiastic about a series. I do hope you'll keep commenting (should you continue reading).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I certainly don't expect 100% realism from a post apocalyptic zombie comic. Graphic storytelling demands a certain amount of emotional punch from its graphics. If an artist goes a bit over the top, so be it. The real story of issue #84 is the toll that the events of last issue is taking on Rick's psyche. His rambling about hope was mesmerizing.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Do not have the issue yet, but it sounds like the old Serials ending for last issue. Everything looks one way (in this case, literally) but it turns out that it is a little bit different than initally thought...in the shot persons case. Kinda cheap...but ah well, I love this book for it's drama anyway.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

It's still early to judge. The events from last issue aren't resolved yet. The story is not over. Let's wait and see.

[ May 07, 2011, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Issue #84 was a good issue overall. It seems to be heading in one direction, but Kirkman has been known to pull the rug out from under us before.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thought this arc has been fantastic.

Faraway's posts a page back proved people have lived with worse, so that however it plays out wont affect my measure of realism in the series.

Like Jerry says, Rick has just been mesmerizing for the last two issues. Really well done.

The 'last stand together' was perhaps the most heroic moment in the series yet.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Finally read 84... was glad to see everyone make that stand, and what resulted from it.

I am going to "wait and see" mode for Carl's fate. Rick's newfound hope might very well vanish were Carl to die (or, say, be brain-damaged).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

The letters page in issue #85 is quite interesting. It touches on the discussions we've had here regarding whether Carl's wound, as depicted, is survivable.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Dev - Em
KIA

85 was a good issue. Covered a lot of bases, touched on a lot of topics.

Although, it did all that, it felt kind of flat after teh last few issues...but keep in mind, for me a flat issue of TWD is still better than most other comics great issues.

Abraham is stone cold honest throughout the issue ...with varying reactions. Rick is seemingly calm considering what his true state of mind is. Good thing he wasn't outside with Glenn and Abe...woo boy, that might have pushed him over an edge.

Looking forward to seeing what Carls fate is sooner than later...hope that plot point does not drag out forever...like until issue 100 or something.

As a side note, I do believe the book would survive without Rick and Carl. Andrea and/or Michonne would carry the book for several years on their own. I could see Abraham highlighted for a while. There could also beanother ccharacterthat we meet soon that could take it to issue 200. I do not think that the book is totally dependant on Rick/Carl...

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Absolutely agreed about the book surviving fine without Rick and Carl.

I'm now thinking Carl is going to survive, but with brain damage. He's certainly never going to be the same...

It was kind-of nice to see so much hope... and nice to see the community ultimately survive... for now anyway.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Man, I haven't been on the edge of my seat hoping a character will survive like I have been with Carl. I'm just really hoping he makes it!

#85 was excellent. It slowed things down, which was needed and kept things moving forward.

Once again, Rick seems to want to take things to the next level and that is a great idea to try to rebuild civilization. But I can't shake the feeling that everyone is growing more and more scared / weary of Rick. Even some of his friends. I wonder if #100 or something has Rick becoming like a bad guy for the piece, pushed over the edge? With Kirkman, you just never know.

The issue spotlighted what a good character Abraham is, as I feel like even though he's been prominent in every issue, we just haven't seen him.

I really like Rosita too--I hope she gets some more time as she's now out of Abraham's shadow.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
87 is out today, and I just read it. If you haven't read it yet, I'll just say that we finally have some news on Carl. Not gonna spoil it any further than that.

Also, we have the return of a recurring element in the post-prison books pertaining to Rick that we haven't seen in a while. This one's a little different from the others and may bode ill for him.

Although I like Abraham a LOT as a character, it's good to see Rosalita stand up for herself some more and to see that Abraham actually has some regrets. I hope Kirkman continues to let Rosalita come into her own. Though I love Andrea and Michonne, Rosalita is probably the hottest chick in the book! If I were Abe, I'd be feelin' some regrets as well!

Eugene is also getting a little more development as well. It's rare that Kirkman lets secondary characters graduate to starring status in TWD after being in the background for so long (usually they make a quick early impression if they're going to stick around), but maybe Eugene and Rosalita are going to buck the trend.

Does it look to anyone else like Rick and Andrea may be gravitating toward each other romantically? I once thought the same about Rick and Michonne in the issues after the prison, but that never happened.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
If you haven't already, check TWD TV thread in Anywhere for a KICK-ASS trailer for season 2, from CCI... [Drool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I read 87.

Lardy, I definitely got a "vibe" for Rick and Andrea... I hope it happens, kinda.

Carl... I'm still not sure how I feel about this... there's a lot left yet to find out about this.

I'm also pleased to see Eugene and Rosalita get some more "airtime".

--------------------

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.