Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
But isn't that when Rick should buy it...when it isn't an event. Just some random thing?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
word. true dat.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anybody read #101 yet? I haven't been to my CBS this week... curious what the immediate aftermath of #100 is...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I did, last night!! Good issue-- SPOILERS FOLLOW!

Maggie and Sophia get left at the Hilltop, but not before Sophia has the best scene she's had since the series debut, involving putting ever-annoying Carl in his place!

Also, an off-panel battle happened between the hordes of New-enemy-guy and the Community.

A surprise capture is revealed at the end!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I did pick up 101, and was surprised how nothing new happened ... and more than that, the crew was set back to the same situation they were in in issue 99.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
RE: Issue #102

This is a definite change of pace issue with some touching and revealing character moments for several cast members. Is this issue a game changer? I was thinking so up until the last page....

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed issue 102. I liked that all was not exactly as it seemed by that last page. It would have frankly made sense if the pre-last page scenario was the course of action being set up under the circumstances. Little confused why Rick would go through all that hand-wringing and deception with his inner circle, though.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Um, I guess I feel a little ripped off after buying the Michonne Special. The first few pages are just a reprint of the Playboy strip. Adlard's art for the rest of issue isn't up to his usual standard, and there really isn't that much new information or insight.

Recommended only for the most diehard TWD completists.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I got it today, but I didn't already have the PLAYBOY, so I'm cool with it.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

RE: Issue 103

The threat is real. We're in on the plan but most of the cast is not. Watching their reactions builds a unique kind of tension. Negan provokes with his parting shot.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm....what to say about issue 104?

Spoiler-free, I'd have to say that what Carl does in that issue is a borderline jumping-the-shark moment. Also, the immediate consequences or apparent lack thereof.

Not sure at all what to think about this issue. [shrug]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

I'm having mixed thoughts on #104, as well. It didn't seem to have the emotional punch that it should have. Carl certainly has gotten himself into a mess.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked 104 but I certainly can see the worry that this is a borderline jumping the shark moment. I guess it all depends on the resolution. And I really don't want anything terrible to happen to Carl, either. With Carl so well done on the show, I keep hoping Kirkman will slowly make Carl a little more like his real life counterpart.

It is hard for me to accept Rick even play acting as such a pushover. I know that is Kirkman's intent, but it's annoying the hell out of me. Even Michonne's passiveness is alarming.

With the loss of two pretty major characters in recent months, we really could use some growth for the supporting cast outside of Rick / Andrea / Carl / Michonne. And Heath & his girlfriend aren't doing it--I still can't see them as anything other than cannon fodder.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
105 was an interesting look into Negans stronghold and his power over his Saviors.

We see something that they have not shown in a while, and I noticed that Carl followed what Negan said regarding it as they went to do the unpleasant ironing business. Negan suggested something about it earlier in the issue and Carl did it. Interesting.

Also, Negan 'dancing' while someone sang was hilarious and disturbing at the same time.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.