Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » FABLES (Spoilers Possible For the TPB Folks) (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: FABLES (Spoilers Possible For the TPB Folks)
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Ass-kicking Cindy! Yes.

I'm rather fond of Babe, the not-so-big Blue Ox.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
He'll grow on you, apparently...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I keep rereading #'s 73 and 74, looking for possible hints at how the Empire might get back on the board.

But with Click Here For A SpoilerGeppetto practically fetal in mourning the loss of the "Golden Horde" of his wooden armies and the sacred grove, the Snow Queen asleep and the Emperor trapped alongside her in the vine-overrun capital city thanks to Sleeping Beauty's curse, who's left for the Empire? Baba Yaga in the Mundy? She's been left relatively unsupervised in the Fabletown holding cell. Bluebeard and Shere Khan were with the sorcerers in the capital... would Beauty's spell affect ghosts? [Hmmm?] Who was the last dragon the Emperor held back from the attack on the Arabian skyship bombing the portals?

The end of 74 promises something bad in 75... I'm on pins and needles... [Eek!]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I too, have no idea, but you can't help but feel its going to be bad, given how well things are going for the Fables. This series has aged like a fine wine, hasn't it?

I just really hope my favorite, Blue, makes it out unscathed.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Well, he narrated issue 74, and was speaking in the past tense about the "horrors of the next day" at the end there... I think he's safe? [Hmmm?]

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno, it's not unlike Willingham to sacrafice a major character for a good story. Plus unlike Snow he's probably not got the same level of healing abalitiy as one of the really major Fables so I wouldn't assume anything. But then I'd say that about pretty much all the characters with the exception of Jack (if he ever crosses back over into the main title) what with him having a solo title and all.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Good point on Blue's mortality. I was rereading my trades, and I'd forgotten the injury to his hands from Baba Yaga during The March of the Wooden Soldiers arc... he needed several surgeries from Dr. Swineheart to recover full use of them.

Unlike Snow being shot in the head, or Goldilocks taking a hatchet to hers, falling down a cliffside, being hit by a tractor trailer truck AND knocked into a lake. [Eek!]

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Snow did need major surgery to recover from being shot.

I don't know the details of Goldy's recovery - maybe Revise has a good surgery team? I don't think it was mentioned in JoF, was it?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I know Revise pulled her out of the water... have to go check the first JoF trade for more.

--------------------

Pov

She -was- healing on her own, but was stuck in a state of perpetual drowning, too weak to surface as the river eventually fed into the Pacific. The healing was taxed by fish feeding on her, until she was finally rescued by Revise. Yuck. [Eek!]

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
So, #75 came out this week. Thoughts?

I actually thought things were going to go down in a much worse way than they did. There's an obvious out with the big death but it still shows that no-one is safe in Fables.

The resolution to it all was a bit of a surprise for me but it was pretty damn satisfying all in. I'd have liked to have seen Cindy this issue, even if only in passing, but there's such a lot going on that you can't have anything. Blue absolutely rocks though.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So now that the story is over and the Fables are safe and they will all be going back to various worlds for adventures, whats the betting the adversary takes over Fabletown?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

A WEEK AND A HALF!!! [AHHHH!!!!] [sigh] :frustrated:

--------------------

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
There's an obvious out with the big death

Meaning the classic comic adage "If there's no body"?

--------------------

Pov

Oh, yeah... so I finally got 75 this week, as well as 76. [Smile]

I actually liked that it wasn't completely onesided, and that the Empire soldiers showed some battlefield ingenuity. That final dragon the Emperor held back was a wowser, even if he was shot down as he delivered a crippling blow to the Glory. And the one-on-one battle between Bigby and the Emperor was cool. Especially after his earlier wounding that added drama to the proceedings. And yes, Bevis, Blue indeed rocks. [Smile]

The epilogue was a shock, and lead directly into #76. It'll be interesting, to say the least, to see where this goes. It was nice that they got Allred to spell Bucky after the epic #75. But did anybody think his Pinocchio was a little... off from previous stories he'd drawn using the character?

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.