Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Dani Moonstar (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Dani Moonstar
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks. [Smile] I guess this means I should check out Avengers:The Initiative #1 next week.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Cheung is doing the covers. That's interesting; he drew X-Force when Dani was back on the team.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! Pity I most likely won't be able to get my hands on the series until it's tpb-ed.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I read this, but I didn't see Dani... unless she was the very... well-developed woman making comments about the new 'recruits' when they arrived at Camp Hammond.

I like tha name of the camp and I think I'll like Cloud 9 (I *know* I will if her power comes from where I think it does), but that's about it. Dan Slott has earned lots of credit, for me anyway, with SHE-HULK... so I'll stick around for awhile.

I think the super-powered army could work in a brand new comic universe in a pretty powerful way. But I don't think it will stand the test of time in an ongoing shared universe like Marvel's.

Soldiers are at their most effective as a mass; individuality's not the name of the game. That's a direct conflict with super-heroes, in general. I don't know that that's something that can be overcome, here. We'll see.

I really didn't like the drill sergeant guy. His counterpart in SHE-HULK, Southpaw, was the least successful thing about that series, for me. I'm sort of sorry to see her mirrored here. Basically, I think the gigantic one-armed thing looks stupid. All I can think when I see these characters is 'future horrendous back problems'. Aside from my dislike for his power-set, he came off as generic and completely stereotypical. Which might have been the aim, come to think of it.

I loathe the direction Marvel seems hellbent on following till everything's lost in the dustcloud of their passing. I keep thinking there must be *something* behind it all. And there's enough bits I *like* here and there to keep me interested... appalled, but interested.

Reed Richards was taken to the brink... some probably would say over it... and only just pulled back before becoming irredeemable (funny, they chose that adjective for one of their recent titles, isn't it?).

In this title, Hank Pym looks to be dancing along on that line still. He was somewhat of a cypher during CIVIL WAR-- he seemed to be squarely in the Iron Man camp, but really wasn't focused upon too heavily (that I read, anyway). Lord knows, Marvel's been dumping on Hank for what... half a decade, now? Maybe Dan Slott's the one to give the guy a break.

He could start by getting Hank the heck out of that Yellowjacket suit! It's a great *looking* costume, but don't we all know what's around the corner whenever Hank adopts this persona?

Marvel's only got so many Captain Americas, and Iron Men, etc...

[ April 06, 2007, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

I'm trying not to read much of your post, Mystery Lad, because I don't get the issue until tomorrow, but I think Dani's first appearance is supposed to be in issue #3.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I browsed through the issue and I didn't much care for it, but I'm saving the details for the All Avengers thread. What I can say here is that I'll definitely keep browsing through future issues until Dani appears.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Yay! She's back early! Okay, you couldn't actually see her, but she was there in Avengers: Initiative #2. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

And I've got to say, I love that they think her appearance is worthy of being the issue cliffhanger. [Smile]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I won't get a chance to browse through # 2 until the weekend of the nineteenth, because that's when the new issue of X-Factor will have arrived.

I'm glad there's something that'll be positive about the second issue of Avengers: Initiative, because the first issue made me sick. I want somebody to take Gauntlet's gauntlet and IMPALE HIM WITH IT!!

Kind of a superhero twist on that infamous soldier-kills-his-sargeant scene from Full Metal Jacket.

[ May 07, 2007, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I am glad her appearance is a cliff-hanger as well. And knowing Slott he's going to use her Valkryie abilities. He uses all the obscure facts of characters.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

That's good to know. [Smile]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I am glad her appearance is a cliff-hanger as well. And knowing Slott he's going to use her Valkryie abilities. He uses all the obscure facts of characters.

That's why he's Dan DA MAN!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Finally had a chance to browse through (not buy) the issue.

I agree that the cliffhanger was well done, and I can't wait to finally see Dani in the next issue.

And that's only good thing I can say. The recruits don't interest me at all, Gauntlet is still a hateful ass rather than a likeable hardass, Justice and War Machine continue to be good characters floundering in a bad book, and the attempt to make Yellowjacket look good was partly spoiled by the ugly and inaccurate flashback.

Dani would have to play a big, big role in order for me to actually pay for what is otherwise pure tripe. Forgive me for sounding overly negative, but I have a feeling that Dani's going to end up in the same boat as Justice and War Machine.

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
Dani would have to play a big, big role in order for me to actually pay for what is otherwise pure tripe.

Dan Slott = no surprise there then

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

[ June 28, 2007, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.