Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Dani Moonstar (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Dani Moonstar
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish Dani's connection to the Valkyries would get examined. Guess it won't happen till there's an Asgard to be connected *to* again...

Did Dani ever meet Barbara Norris or Samantha Parrington? Maybe they could share an issue of MARVEL TEAM-UP... oh, all-right-- Spidey or Wolverine can tag along if they *have* to...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree about Dani and the Valkyries, ML. I was hoping that, along with Beta Ray Bill, Dani would prove to be a last surviving remnant of a dead culture. She could be *the* Valkyrie and perhaps have to engage in a special ritual to the new Valykries that eventually arise.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
She's back to just casting illusions. Although, in Claremont's "The End" she still has Valkyrie powers. I've been avoiding Claremont, too, but the end isn't bad. Maybe because it's all one long conclusion. It's not often that Claremont ends anything.

I also want to endorse this series for anyone not getting it too. Plus, the third Summer's brother will finally be revealed in an issue or two.

quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
I agree about Dani and the Valkyries, ML. I was hoping that, along with Beta Ray Bill, Dani would prove to be a last surviving remnant of a dead culture. She could be *the* Valkyrie and perhaps have to engage in a special ritual to the new Valykries that eventually arise.

FB, that's a really cool idea and one I never considered. I think Dani as the Valkyrie would be pretty cool! Not sure if other fans would go for it, but I would love to see Dani more involved in other parts of the non-Mutant MU.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Plus, the third Summer's brother will finally be revealed in an issue or two

And I want to lay odds that it'll be completely inconsistant with Nicieza's plan when he introduced that plot element.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! I wouldn't dare take that bet against you!

But now that you mention it 'Boot, and since you usually have the scoop on these things, do you know what Nicieza ever intended for that plot? (has he ever said?).

I remember us discussing this before in the Dangling X-Men plots thread, but I don't remember if you ever said.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Multiple times actually, and he dropped two or three blatant hints in the comics themselves, but wasn't allowed to actually say it because the character was "too minor."

It was going to be Adam X (codenamed X-Treme), born when Katherine Summers (Scott & Alex's mum) was raped by D'Ken after hers and Corsair's abduction [At this point, it should be noted that "Third Summers Brother" is a fan-term. What Sinister actually said to Scott was simply "your brothers," before 'correcting' himself when Cyke picked him up on it.]

The hints, BTW, were in X-Men #39 (a spotlight issue on X-Treme and Cyke's grandad, actually) and an issue of Captain Marvel v2 (the first Genis series, which only lasted six issues, written by Fabian). X-Treme's also one of the characters visible in the M'Krann wave in XM41, fighting Erik the Red.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arachne:
[qb]She's back to just casting illusions. Although, in Claremont's "The End" she still has Valkyrie powers. I've been avoiding Claremont, too, but the end isn't bad. Maybe because it's all one long conclusion. It's not often that Claremont ends anything.

I also want to endorse this series for anyone not getting it too. Plus, the third Summer's brother will finally be revealed in an issue or two.

If it's anything like the identity of Gambit's father, I'll pass. I don't read X:TE but I always want to keep up by checking it out in the store. For my part, I'd endorse not reading. I'm also curious how long it will be after Claremont leaves x-books again before someone retcons the identity of Gambit's father.

Anyway, there's no real mystery about the identity of the brother of Scott and Alex. (Please note that Sinister NEVER claimed that child was a Summers. His comment was simply about "brothers".) The evidence has practically screamed Adam-X is that brother via their mother and D'Ken.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dani News!!!

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Dani got some good work done in X-Force. I liked when she was a SHIELD agent and posed as a bad guy (cool costume). Also liked when she went kinda cosmic under John Francis Moore!

I wouldn't mind seeing Dani as the newest Valkryie though! That would rock. A native american viking warrior goddess. [Wink]

heck she's already a bit confusing much like Donna Troy why not make her a Valkyrie! jk, i like that she's more like her original self again and her powers are not too funky. Though the bow with psychic arrows was cool.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the AoA psi-bolts personally. Wish they'd done that in 616... *sigh* But, I'm kinda glad she's back to normal just because all the new powers got really, really confusing. And the death sight was creeeepy as all hell.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
What was the deal with her affinity for animals? Was it ever really explained? Did they ever develop that side of her more fully or are they sticking with the fear powers?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Her 'affinity for animals' comes from the fact that she can communicate with them... kind of. When Rahne transformed into a wolf, she and Dani found that they could speak to each other. (And, when they weren't transformed, they shared an empathic link.) So, yeah, her animal powers were developed. Nobody ever really used them, though. I think I saw them once in New X-Men.

As for the 'fear powers'... they've changed a lot over the years. As of now, she's pretty much back to pre-Valkyrie stuff. When she was Valkyrie, she could see how people were gonna die and stuff. And then, after she fell from Asgard, she did the psi-arrows to strike people down. Then she got these quantum powers through a series or weird coincidences and other random arse crap and they went away nearly as quick. We haven't seen the arrows, since. She's always had the animal telepathy, though. That's a constant.

*breathes* So... yah. There ya go. More than you'd ever want to know. [Wink] I just love my girl... I RP her like a dork. ^_^

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
LOve the outfit in The End #5. Very Kirbyesque, and I don't mean the blob on the last page.

Got to get offline; storm's coming up.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

[sigh] I wonder what the odds are od Dani being the "mystery character" in PAD's new X-factor?

That would be soooooo cool.

--------------------

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Then she got these quantum powers through a series or weird coincidences and other random arse crap and they went away nearly as quick. We haven't seen the arrows, since.

She confirmed in NXMAX13 that she can't fire the arrows any more.

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.