Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Dani Moonstar (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Dani Moonstar
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Since there's a few Dani fans here, and since you never know where a mutant is going to pop up, I thought we could use a thread to keep track of her.

I've got two sitings to start with:

The Hellions #1 - She's only on two pages and only gives a short speech, but the art is nice.

X-men: The End: Heroes and Martyrs #4 - She's only on one page in this, but it looks like she's going to play a big part in the story latter on. I know The End is an alternate reality, but I think we might get to see what Claremont thinks her ultimate power levels could be.

[ June 29, 2009, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Arachne ]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
DAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I <3 her. ^_^ So much. So much.

(I even RP her like a dork! [Wink] )

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I probably would to if I RP'ed. [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to see a series where Dani,Sam, Rahne,Roberto and Amara do some world traveling kinda like the X-men meets Road Rules!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to see Roberto, Amara, Sam and Rahne in a book consistantly for a while! Though, I must admit, Roberto's incredibly busy for someone stuck in book-Limbo.

But, yes. I'd like to see those four get some page time for a while. Though, if that means bringing X-Force back as book... maybe not. I can go without... *shudders*

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dani rewled. Especially when teamed with Illyana AKA Magik.

Then Claremont was "let go" or whatever, and the X-Books went straight into the crapper and Dani wasn't seen again, in, like, FOREVER, until she showed up again with Locus-- who seemed a LOT like Illyana but wasn't her.

Umm... I guess that's all I have to say... aside from the fact that I really really ENJOYED The Hellions # 1, much to my surprise.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
I'd love to see Roberto, Amara, Sam and Rahne in a book consistantly for a while!

That would be cool -- and add X'ian to that list. It's weird to think that these guys are veterans at this point. I don't know if it's been done, but I'd love to see a story where they just got together and talked about all the crap they've been through (unfortunately, as blasphemous as it may sound, I wouldn't want Claremont to write that story at this point).

[ June 18, 2005, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if Arachne saw this -- Great Minds Thinking Alike? [Wink] -- but I just posted, over in Bits, a superb drawing of Dani Moonstar and Dawnstar by Robert Atkins, from the comicartfans.com site.

[ June 18, 2005, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by icefire:
I would love to see a series where Dani,Sam, Rahne,Roberto and Amara do some world traveling kinda like the X-men meets Road Rules!

You mean like the "On the Road" issues of X-Force except for a few changes in characters?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
But, yes. I'd like to see those four get some page time for a while. Though, if that means bringing X-Force back as book... maybe not. I can go without... *shudders*

Doesn't it depend on who is writing and drawing X-Force? I thought X-Force had some excellent stuff while Jeph Loeb and John F Moore were writing.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Chalk me up as another huge Dani fan! Like Lash, Dani and Illyiana were my two faves of the New Mutants, and I hope that if we can't get Magik, we at least get to consistently see Dani somewhere.

And Drake, that story you mentioned in decades overdue [Big Grin] . I'd love to see it (and I'd also love to see one similar with Kitty).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
That would be cool -- and add X'ian to that list.

Well, she has been in New Mutants and New X-Men v2... I didn't mean they had to be together -- I just wanna see 'em, period!!

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
(unfortunately, as blasphemous as it may sound, I wouldn't want Claremont to write that story at this point)

Heh. Yeah... ><

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
the origional new muties rocked. i liked the "on the road" with sunspot, warpath, siryn,dani, and boom boom in x force. its the only part of xforce i bought

joss wheden would be great to write some recap adventure or elseworlds story with the new mutants. and plenty of kitty pryde cameos like in the old days. he seems to get the old essence of the xmen better than claremont does now. is claremont really writing these stories or is it some craptactular ghost writer?

these are all some of my favorite characters though. except danis getting the psylocke treatment. what exactly are her powers now and why...

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

She's back to just casting illusions. Although, in Claremont's "The End" she still has Valkyrie powers. I've been avoiding Claremont, too, but the end isn't bad. Maybe because it's all one long conclusion. It's not often that Claremont ends anything.

--------------------

baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
Dawny and Dani...Now there's a team-up to watch for!
From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.