Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Dani Moonstar (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Dani Moonstar
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So Dani's finally got a home! And it looks like she'll get to kick ass in the next issue, too. [Big Grin] Too bad it's not coming out till the middle of the month.

I wish she wasn't still powerless, but maybe there's hope. It looks like Magneto has his powers back thanks to the High Evolutionary. It'd make sense for him to check on his former charges.

It'd be nice if she could get a decent love interest. The FBI guy is boring. I know some people have suggested Sam or 'Berto, but to me they're too much like her brothers. She and James Proudstar flirted a bit in the original series, but I've found him pretty boring since he became Warpath. I had a crazy idea a about her and Shatterstar, but he's taken now.

I'd like to see her with someone like Roarke from the ...in Death books. The only X-character I can think of that's close to him is Shinobi Shaw. I always thought that character had potential. He's caught in his father's shadow the way the New Mutants often seem caught in the X-Men's shadows. I could see him asking the X-men for protection from his father.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I found a good fanfic crossover between the Avengers and the New Mutants (and specifically Dani) set pre-Inferno. It's pretty good stuff.

Midnight Blue

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I wrote "Midnight Blue." It's part of an ongoing series of alternate-universe Avengers fanfics. Dani will be a constant presence from here on and eventually join the Avengers.

Thanks for the plug, Arachne.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Oops, sorry I didn't add that. I thought you wanted to remain anonymous.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No worries.

I imagine many people would have recognized my blog right away, anyway, but I just thought I'd do a bit of self-promotion. (Modest, moi?)

--------------------

Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Uncanny X-Men #514 supposedly has some great Dani & Psylocke scenes! I myself haven't gotten it yet, but when I do I'll try and post some scans.
From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

It does, although it's mostly set up. [Smile]

--------------------

Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
It does, although it's mostly set up. [Smile]

Yeah I went and bought it, slightly disappointed. Definetly a filler issue, here's hoping for Fraction's run to come to an abrupt end!
From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Given that quote on the wall, there's a real good chance she's going to "Hel".

NW#5 is supposed to deal with the after effects of Utopia, so even if Fraction blows it, maybe Wells can make it work.

And as if thinking she should be fixed up with Shinobi Shaw wasn't bad enough, now I think Dani and Daken would make an interesting couple. Good thing I don't like real life "bad boys".

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

Preview for Dark Avengers #8 Funny how the Avengers only get two panels in their own book. Well, except for Daken. [Smile]

Anyway, Dani's bargin is revealed. Sort of.

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Dani has sadly not had many appearances in other media but she did have a substantial role in an episode of X-Men Evolution, which you can find here:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/84321/x-men-evolution-ghost-of-a-chance

Said ep mainly focuses on Kitty but Amara, Berto, and Sam have roles as well. It's too bad they had already dropped Rahne from the cast by the time this ep was aired. Every Dani fan should watch this at least once.

*note to mods this is a perfectly legal streaming video of the ep that was put up by Marvel*

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

I'll have to check that out, if I ever get caught up online.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that Dani-in-Vegas sequence seemed pretty sapphic to me. Did anyone else get that vibe?

Here I was hoping she'd make a more X-centric choice in mating material.

I kind of grudgingly liked the issue and the twists and turns in alliegences, though I think it's sloppy that they didn't return to Vegas for at least a bit of follow-up.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

No not really. I think that's just the way they're depicting Hela lately.

A follow-up would have been nice, but I think they want Dani to make a bit of an entrance in part 6. Wouldn't do to show her costume and ride ahead of time.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

So, New Mutants was just cancelled after 50 issues.

This is where Dani's headed now.

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.