Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Dani Moonstar (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Dani Moonstar
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
So Mystique is really Margali Szardos...

When did Kurt realise the truth of this?

This would have been REALLY twisted considering Kurt had a long-time romantic relationship with Amanda.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Just as well they never got married before discovering the truth....
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dani, like most of the New Mutants, seems to be Marvel's Infinity, Inc.- the inheritors to a great legacy that are being used as whipping boys/girls so as not to allow the more marquee X-men to suffer drastic alterations.

Mind you, I like seeing my favourites suffer some, how they rise to the challenges writers put them through- that's why I like them. I just hate when they are sent to Limbo. And that's what I fear Dani has in her future.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Who from the original line-up of New Mutants is still active on the team?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just Rahne, but not till X-Factor starts.

Shan and Dani are supporting characters in New X-Men, but they don't get much action.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Dani, like most of the New Mutants, seems to be Marvel's Infinity, Inc.- the inheritors to a great legacy that are being used as whipping boys/girls so as not to allow the more marquee X-men to suffer drastic alterations.

That's a good analogy. The period both came out of is sort of a lull in terms of the energy in their main titles. To me, X-Men peaked at issue 150 with the Magneto storyline. It plateaued and went into a slow creative decline until Silvestri and Lee injected some new energy into Claremont's verbose scripts.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
Just Rahne, but not till X-Factor starts.

Shan and Dani are supporting characters in New X-Men, but they don't get much action.

Okay...so what became of Roberto (Sunspot?), Magik (Illyana)and Magma (Amara)?
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Roberto's joined the H*llfire Club (for the 2nd time), Illyana's dead (Well every once in awhile it's hinted she not), and Amara's seemingly just accepted Dani's invitation to start working at the school but who knows if that will actually happen due to HOM. [Frown]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

And Cannonball (Sam), Rahne's first "crush"?
ActorLad
Un-Famous

He's a member of XSE and is appearing along with Siryn in the currently Cable/Deadpool storyline.

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Illyana's not dead in House of M. And I believe that's a perminent thing. She's also been deaged. (Or, rather, not aged in Limbo.)

Sam also recently (between the X.S.E. and Cable/Deadpool stuff) hooked up with X-Force.

[ August 10, 2005, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Illyana "deaged" before her death. I remember her being a little girl again when she died. [Frown]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

The short answer is yes.

--------------------
ActorLad

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
The long answer involves theories/rumors/God knows what else about how that wasn't really Illyana...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
Wasn't Illyana "deaged" before her death. I remember her being a little girl again when she died. [Frown]

IMO, no. We saw Rahne tale Illyana out of Limbo, supposedly to prevent her from ever becoming Magik. Of course, we all know that there was another Illyana who came there with another set of X-Men who escaped. Hmm...

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.