Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Jonah Hex (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Jonah Hex
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I just finished reading it. Pretty awesome.

And I was glad that she lived in the end. Too good a character to have died in this story.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a week behind here.

The recent issue was one of the most disturbing yet. Hex gets caught up in a little family fued. And in a twist inspired by LOST, our hero finds himself on the wrong side doing the right thing.

GrayPal have brought the wild west back.

We're treated to another artist, who does a fine job detailing this story. It was almost a little too pretty given the subject, but it works. I've been enjoying the different artists for each arc. They all bring something and we never really worry about delays.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been loving this series from the get go and this issue is no different. but man was it disturbing.

I really liked how at first Hex didn't care about the girl, than he thought she was telling the truth so against his better judgement he got involved, then he realized she was crazy and all he could do was say I'm sorry. I thought that was a great scene there. Then he leaves behind the money, I thought that was great also because even though it doesn't really fix anything, Jonah is trying.

And the laughing at God thing, I suppose if you see something that twisted you kinda have to.

Another great issue!

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
New issue this week #20. It's a great done in one story. If you've been reading the series, you'll see connection to a previous story, but it's not required. Someone jumps Hex and warns him to stay out of their town after roughing him up a bit. Jonah doesn't do what he's told.

This is Jonah Hex, this is a western, it's simple stories, it's an ongoing series. It's everything you want in a comic book.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Another issue came out last week, still one of DC's best books. this and the announcement of the new Sgt Rock mini gives me hope for DC.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so far behind I should stop buying the floppies and just pick up the trades.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
If you're not missing a monthly fix but still want to follow it, that's the way to go, Scooter. I'm back n' forth with this book; I love it when I read it, especially when Noto's on the art, but it's never one of my must-reads; almost more of an afterthought.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Its just making myself take that step then remembering to order the trades. I have a number of titles I really need to do that with.

Maybe that'll be what I do starting with my January order.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

I'm with POV. It's not a must read, but when i do read it, it is a great story. If this were a higher selling title, I'd go the trade route.
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I'm so far behind I should stop buying the floppies and just pick up the trades.

Scott, when would you find time to read the trades?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Lance's realm:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Scott, when would you find time to read the trades?
Same as I find the time to read my other books. Never. [Frown]

Finally picked up the Ultimate (or whatever it is called) hardback of Invincible. Only got about four issues worth read. But it is the most I've read lately.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Just caught up with the last few issues. Brillant as usual. This is definately in my top ten best comics on the market. Each issue is worthy for a movie treatment.

The last issue with Bat Lash and El Diablo was fun and enjoyable. But the issue before that, with the one-armed school-teacher, was particularly awesome. Might be the best comic I read all day and I caught up with like 40 comics. The Jordi Bernet art helps--he's probably one of my favorite artists, and his gritty style is very pleasing for Hex.

This is the comic where Graypal excels.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

It's a great read each month.

I didn't pick up the Bat Lash mini, if anyone wants to share...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Latest two issues were great. This could be not only a great HBO series, but each issue could be a great movie. The two sisters one was downright horrifying in all the best ways.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

The latest issue was drawn by Jordi Bernet. The guy knows westerns and he does a great job on Hex. GrayPal always find a way to surprise me with the ending.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.